• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NFL: eight game season

DrReality

I wonder if the owners even want to have a season this year. Just have a full-year lockout and completely destroy the players union. Sort of similar to what the NHL did a few years ago. The owners won't feel the loss of revenue that much, but the players will.

The latest talk is an 8n game season which I think really sucks. Everyone loses but the owners?

Your thoughts?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that would cause losses for the owners, too. Eight games can't possibly generate the same revenue as 16, can it? It also seems like the same level of interest couldn't be generated for the playoffs, which would also suffer, even if kept the same number of rounds.

• Moderators

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that would cause losses for the owners, too. Eight games can't possibly generate the same revenue as 16, can it? It also seems like the same level of interest couldn't be generated for the playoffs, which would also suffer, even if kept the same number of rounds.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest talk is an 8n game season which I think really sucks. Everyone loses but the owners?

Your thoughts?

Shedules would have to be changed to insure some semblance of competive balance. 5 of the Falcons last 8 games are at home. They would have to change schedules to insure each team has 4 home games and 4 away games.

Also Atlants is scheduled to play the Saints TWICE in the final 8 games. That is hardly fair if the Bucs get to play the Panthers twice then that gives the Bucs a HUGE edge at winning the division in such a short season.

An 8 game season would DESTROY fan support b/c of competitive disadvantages that even the most casual NFL fan will read about in every sports page across the country.

Looks like they will come to an agreement and have a full schedule

Where do we look for this ?

Edited by coachx