Dwight Howard will NOT sign extension with Magic. Will test FA next year.

GameTime

• Admin

A package centered around Horford or Josh might get it done. More likely Al.

We need to hold on to one of our point guards and we will have to take back a bad contract (Hedo or Gil Areanas) but if it meant getting Howard then anything is available.

If he is going to be traded ... I don't see Orlando trading within its own division.

• Premium Member

He'd have to want to be here. His focus is on winning a championship, as it should be. He's upset because he hasn't had the team that could get it done.Does he have that cast here? Do we even look like an organization that is trying to get to finals? Would we still have that team if we traded half of the core for him?

I'd love to have him. But I think the most likely scenario in a trade situation is Los Angeles. Perfect for his personality. A history of successful bigs. A championship history. Management serous about winning. The buzz it would create. Playing with a champion like Kobe.

...and it's not like LA couldn't offer a halfway decent package centered around Bynum. Sure we could field a more attractive offer, but it's pointless if Howard doesn't want to be here - and if we no longer have that talent once we trade for him. Can't get caught in the loser mentality though - it's definitely something we need to be serious about.

He'd have to want to be here. His focus is on winning a championship, as it should be. He's upset because he hasn't had the team that could get it done.Does he have that cast here? Do we even look like an organization that is trying to get to finals? Would we still have that team if we traded half of the core for him?

I'd love to have him. But I think the most likely scenario in a trade situation is Los Angeles. Perfect for his personality. A history of successful bigs. A championship history. Management serous about winning. The buzz it would create. Playing with a champion like Kobe.

...and it's not like LA couldn't offer a halfway decent package centered around Bynum. Sure we could field a more attractive offer, but it's pointless if Howard doesn't want to be here - and if we no longer have that talent once we trade for him. Can't get caught in the loser mentality though - it's definitely something we need to be serious about.

Buss is Bynum's dad though (sarcasm but Buss loves him). Smoove is Howard's best friend so obviously he will need to help.

Horford and Hinrich for D12 and Turkoglu would work as would Horford and Hinrich for D12 and, Nelson.

PG Teague

SG Joe

SF Turkoglu

PF Smoove

C D12

Hawks Contenders

Exactly. Think championship. Joe > anything else on the Magic's roster. Then add in the insane chemistry Smoove and Dwight have and we have a team. Not even including a peaking Teague.

Edited by GameTime

Buss is Bynum's dad though (sarcasm but Buss loves him). Smoove is Howard's best friend so obviously he will need to help.

[size="2"

Exactly. Think championship. Joe > anything else on the Magic's roster. Then add in the insane chemistry Smoove and Dwight have and we have a team. Not even including a peaking Teague.

Indeed. Dwight would be #1. Joe #2. I don't think a team in the league would have a better 3rd and 4th option than Smoove and Turk. I understand why thee Magic wouldn't want to trade him in the division, but would they really take they oft-injured Bynum over Horford? That team would dismantle MIA without them making major upgrades. Certainly wishful thinking.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS