• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wouldnt you rather have Joe Johnson as a SG than a SF?

JTB

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see that alot of hawk fans are in love with the idea of making JJ a SF for next season. Personally I feel that JJ should stay SG because of his size and the fact that he can handle the position as we have seen. Ya know to me its just an advantage for the hawks to have a SG that is by no question the biggest @ that position in the NBA weighing 240 when the average is around 210-217. Im not against him playing any SF defensively now, because there are BIG talents @ the SF position thats no doubt.....Lebron, Melo, Rudy Gay, Pierce, etc. we need JJ to be able to contain guys like this when we run into them then again moving smith to SF wasnt a bad idea and throwing him on these guys a couple of times wasnt a bad idea but thats for another thread.

So how do you feel about JJ as a SF? Should SF be his main position? or are you much like myself and rather keep him as a SG because of his size and the fact that he has shown he can handle the position?

My biggest concern about JJ playing SF is rebounding. He's shown no desire to go and gets boards consistently. For a team that already has a hard time rebounding, him moving to SF makes it even worse.

Offensively, Joe would be fine a SF.

Seems to me that most of the time when it matters in the 4th quarter that JJ is playing at the sf position with two guards. Why shouldn't they start the game that way.

And that's always been our "all offense, no defense and zero rebounding" lineup aka the "one and done" lineup or more notoriously the "blown lead/4th quarter meltdown" lineup.

Perhaps if we had Landry Fields (and admittedly he is better suited for the SF spot than Joe is) or Tyreke Evans at the 2spot we could get away with that lineup the majority of the time but with our undersized frontline and Joe showing zero desire to crash the boards in his life outside of the Orlando series, we can't really count on it being very effective outside of simply outshooting the opponent.

I also believe that the SF position sports far too many athletes with size which actually negates Joe's advantages on offense and defense. With SGs he can post them up and shoot over them but I don't see him doing that or managing to be quick around the Rudy Gays, Carmelos, Lebrons, Grangers, Jacksons, Princes, Pierces, Iguodalas etc. etc. etc.

• Premium Member

I would have been OK with the Hawks playing YKW (plays for the wizards) as the starting 2 then moving Joe to SF.