• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FoxSportsOhio Rumor > Cavs "have reached out" to Hawks

sturt

I would love for there to be some action from the hawks, but this rumor is screaming fiction to me. With cheap owners and an uncertain future cba I can't see us doing anything.

Our owners are dopes and probably believe the minor surgery for marvin will make a big difference and will value him too much to salary dump him.

I would love for there to be some action from the hawks, but this rumor is screaming fiction to me. With cheap owners and an uncertain future cba I can't see us doing anything.

but trading Smoove + filler for an expiring contract and the #4 pick actually saves the ASG money.

I agree that any deal that put us in luxury tax would be fiction but a deal that actually saves the owners money makes some sense to me.

Jamison and pick #4 is intrigueing. It gives us a veteran to help us win now and a blue chip rookie for hope in the future while at the same time saving money.

The thing to put under the microscope to me is Kanter's defense. I wonder who he is working out against in Cleveland ?

Edited by coachx

Name of external link

The Atlanta Hawks have started to gauge trade interest on forward Josh Smith(notes), and Smith isn’t averse to ending his seven-year stay with his hometown team, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

Smith hasn’t requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and Orlando Magic are his preferred destinations should the Hawks decide to move him.

“The relationship has run its course,” said a league source with knowledge of the dynamic.

Always odd when you think it's actually been 7 years.

Curious that all of those teams either have Dwight or can afford Dwight in 2012. Apparently they do want to play together just not in Atlanta.

The Hawks would not have money under the cap to sign a max free agent in 2012 any way.

• Premium Member

Making a lot of sense to me that this would be the chosen route, but what is scary is whether we can identify or not that GM who is willing to trade on the basis of Smoove's potential, as opposed to his production... because he does produce, and he is effective, just not every game, and I'm sensing there's probably a larger danger here of this becoming less of a basketball trade, ie getting back equivalent talent.

I know Sund's theme this off-season is that we've got to get tougher.

One guy who would probably accomplish that is Varejao.

The Hawks would not have money under the cap to sign a max free agent in 2012 any way.

Obviously true but it's still not a case of Smoove wanting to stay in Atlanta or Dwight telling "league friends" that he wants to be traded to Atlanta.

I'm a season tix holder to GSU.

Man I feel sorry for you. I'm a GSU alumni too but there is no way I could go through the pain of watching their pathetic basketball program........but I'm pumped about "boring Bill Curry" and the football program though.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Varejao was tough with Lebron James but not so much without him

Huh?........Varajao missed more than half the season with an injury but in 31 games averaged 9.1pts and 9.7 rebounds. If you don't like him for the team, fine, but I'm not sure the whole toughness comment without Lebron is warranted. I would be more concerned with if he is healthy.

Man I feel sorry for you. I'm a GSU alumni too but there is no way I could go through the pain of watching their pathetic basketball program........but I'm pumped about "boring Bill Curry" and the football program though.

Actually the new coach is bringing in some exciting new recruits.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2011/georgiastate-690

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-R.J.-Hunter-104167;_ylt=AlwNUar6klp_bBm2.ZjAf_PSO5B4

Coach's son. If you look at his offer list he is going to be a player for us in 2012.

• Premium Member

Does Smoove have to agreee to a trade? That would complicate things.

STill say that the Cavs have egg on their face letting LBJ go and need to make a move to win their fans back. Smoove could help with that.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, they need to make a move b/c they have this huge LBJ exception that could otherwise expire... right? So they would seem to need to turn that into some talent if at all possible.

Does Smoove have to agreee to a trade? That would complicate things.

STill say that the Cavs have egg on their face letting LBJ go and need to make a move to win their fans back. Smoove could help with that.

No...Kobe has or had the only "no trade clause" ,Josh can tell them where he might like to go, but the Hawks can ship him anywhere for whatever they deem as the best value. So no complications on that front.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking Josh would be a pretty nice haul for CLE and a well-regarded use of the LBJ exception if it's Josh straight-up for #4... not saying I'd make that deal, but theorizing that might be CLE's vision.

But reviewing their roster, it seems they're desperate for some wing help, so maybe they flip Josh to a team that can get that for them.

its so obvious they wanna get us kyrie

forreal i dunno maybe they want to use the TPE (if they still have it) for 1 of our players. maybe josh or al.

Trading Al or Josh for a rookie wont help us at all. Thats a step back. The only veteran I would trade would be JJ, mainly to get rid of his contract. I love JJ but he hasn't lived up

• Like 1

No...Kobe has or had the only "no trade clause" ,Josh can tell them where he might like to go, but the Hawks can ship him anywhere for whatever they deem as the best value. So no complications on that front.

TMac had one also and Dirk has one currently. Joe tried to negotiate one because I guess he felt he hadn't raped the franchise enough.

The only thing that would complicate a Smoove trade would be his trade kicker but that affects the team trading for him rather than him.