• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Answer in Atlanta?

With all the problems facing Allen Iverson and the media all but ready to run him out of Philadelphia is there anyone here who would like to see the Hawks try and make a run at him? If so, who do you guys think would have to be traded in order to get him?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it could be anyworse than the whole J.R. Rider episode. Think about it...with his current troubles the Sixers may be willing to let him go for far less than they normally would. This could be the Hawks chance to get a young franchise player for almost nothing.

AI is a talent and one of the leagues best scorer. He can put 50 on any given night, But with the experience we had of Rider, I dont think I would like AI here in Atlanta. He is always in trouble with the law and misses practices. I'll stick with what we got anytime before getting AI.

Maybe a change of scenery would help him with his off court tribulations. Also, I think his on court problems (not showing up to practice and taking too many shots) come from the fact that he doesn't have anyone else he can go to. If there was a way we could keep JT and Reef and bring in Allen I think he would take his game to a whole new level.

What would it take to get him if we went after him? I'm sure the Sixers don't want Kukoc or Ratliff back, and don't know if we have anyone (besides JT and Reef) who would be worthy enough to have their names mentioned in a trade with Iverson.

You're kidding right?????? AI is a thug and nothing more than trash, the NBA should ban his sorry a**. I can't believe anyone would want this no good bum in a Hawks uniform!!!

You know the thing that really eats at me when somone makes a comment like this? It's that they actually believe they know something about the athlete.

All you know about AI is what the media wants you to know. And as outkast says " The whole world loves it when your going down" ESPN is out to get ratings so for all I know he could of bust in with a cap gun.

The thing is is that the media is so intrusive in athletes live is that you know about this stuff.

I can only imagine what kind of things Babe Ruth got into when he was still alive. I know from reading that he was a druggie and an alcholic. The thing is I will probably never know what else he was into because the media wasn't allowed to invade peoples privacy the way they do now.

I doubt that any Baseball GM would say I am not taking Babe Ruth because he is a thug. Hell they made the guy an Idol for baseball.

But Allen Iverson is a thug for getting pissed about his wife running off and going to some other guys house. If thats what makes a thug then there are plenty out there. Because I know many men that have done crazy and stupid things for their women. But I regress.

Allen Iverson catches a lot of flack from the media becuase he doesn't fit that "good guy" role. The fact is AI is human like everyone else and he's going to make mistakes like everyone else. Let's be honest for a moment, if you played on a team where you were the only threat and you were constantly banged up and doubled teamed you would rather stay home and rest than go to practice too (I'm not saying it's right...but you have to look at it from both sides). And God only knows what happened leading up to this gun charge thing. We're so quick to judge this cat and none of us know anything about him except for the fact that he's one of the best players in the game today.

"Iverson completed 100 hours of community service, two years of drug testing and three years' probation, after which his record was expunged."

Rider probably wouldnt even show up for the community service. smile.gif

Anyways i dont think we are in a position to judge Iverson. I dont know him personally so i cannot say bad things about him. But i have seen him play on COURT, and hes very good. Hes a warrior. Broken this, fractured that... he will still play in the game. HE LOVES THE GAME- hes pure heart and the fans could see that.

If we are somehow able to keep ABDUR-RAHIM and TERRY, we should trade for IVERSON- but i dont think he'll come for cheap. Sixers will want another ALLSTAR in return.

Ok, since Allen is such a GREAT guy, check out his past. Go back to Georgetown and see the problems with him while attending that university.................................

I haven't seen those problems out of ZO and Deke!

AI is a snot-nosed punk who don't give a damn about nobody!

But, that's just one man's opinion

Moodyblues I respect your opinion but I respect Iversons game also....I know we probably don't have what it takes to make a trade but I sure would love to see Mr Babcock at least try. If nothing else AI would at least put butts in the seats at Phillips.

I'm not gonna go off on michaeljordaniverson like I did the Human Septic Tank, he's definitely not of the same ilk as the Nanny Stopper. That said, I still dont want him in ATL. His allegations both past and present are just that, and I believe in innocense until guilt is proven, so I'll refrain from crucifying the guy.......for now. However, there's a myriad of other issues with AI besides his never ending legal woes and mellodrama of a home life. For one thing he demands too many shots, for a guy to score 30 is fine; but when he jacks up 60 and 70 to get that 30. Well connect the dots, it aint pretty. Another thing is that he's proven again and again that he can't and won't coexist with another scorer on the floor, just ask Jerry Crackhouse or Larry Hughes.If a guy can put the ball in the hole with consistency, AI wants him gone. Lastly, his team and work ethics; we hear about it every year, the 'AI is coming to practices skinny and soft..... if he's coming at all' stories. I don't want to see ATL become phlukeadelphia part II.

Allen Iverson is gunna decline faster than any of the NBA's

"stars"now due to the pounding he takes and the fact that

when he losses his quickness he will be unable to get shots

off.

AI and JT in the backcourt would be the smallest ever. Yes they would have a lot of steals, but with steals come fouls (except for MJ of course). JT gives in to scorers and would not look to shoot anymore and his passing game is still developing. As much as I love JT he would become a none factor. Reef would be freed up for more shots so that is a plus but JT can/ has/ and will fill that role without AI. And we know we couldn't get AI without given up JT or Reef or both. It is just not worth it for a undersized gaurd when we have one. We don't need AI except for ticket sales and wins can solve that problem.

A change of scenery isn't going to change Allen Iverson. He's thug to the bone.

It really pisses me off that people like Iverson continue to get chance after chance after chance just because he can put a little round ball in a round hoop.

AI is a person that I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire.

• Admin

The media is making it sound like he kicked someones door in and pulled a gun on them. When the reality is that he pushed his way in the guys door looking for his wife and "probably" had a gun on him. But the guy in the apartment has stated that "he never pulled out a gun". The media heard Iverson and gun mentioned together and went on a witch hunt. I feel for the guy, though his history is what brings it on.

That said I wouldn't want iverson. He's a heck of a player. But he's too small. You have to do too much to your team to have success with him. Then there is also the way he plays. Once he starts having (as he already is) physical problems, it's going to really take away from his game. No thanks.