• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So now that we have our shooters and wings...

• Moderators

Now that Denver has the newly re-minted Nene AND Chris Andersen AND Timofey Mozgov AND Kosta Koufos... any way to get a deal going to spring free either Birdman or Koufos? Can the expiring TPE (Chillz') be used to make something work?

~lw3

Now that Denver has the newly re-minted Nene AND Chris Andersen AND Timofey Mozgov AND Kosta Koufos... any way to get a deal going to spring free either Birdman or Koufos? Can the expiring TPE (Chillz') be used to make something work?

~lw3

Sund has already stated he cant go over the luxury tax and we are right up to the limit with the additions of Tmac,Stack,and Radmon

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sund has already stated he cant go over the luxury tax and we are right up to the limit with the additions of Tmac,Stack,and Radmon

My own ignorance of the TPE rules is showing, but is there a way to use it on somebody like Koufos without adding salary? (Birdman makes too much) I'm thinking of how Dallas used theirs dollar-for-dollar to spring Odom free from Tinseltown.

~lw3

• Moderators

My own ignorance of the TPE rules is showing, but is there a way to use it on somebody like Koufos without adding salary? (Birdman makes too much) I'm thinking of how Dallas used theirs dollar-for-dollar to spring Odom free from Tinseltown.

~lw3

Use of a trade exception does nothing but add salary so that is not possible. You are giving up something with no cap implications (a trade exception) for a salary that impacts the cap/LT numbers.

You could offset it by giving away a player earning a similar amount to a team under the cap, though.

The Lakers/Dallas transaction reduced the Lakers total salaries and increased the Maverick's salary figures.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Is there a burning desire to see 7 footers sit in folding chairs for 3 hours? Last year we signed Etan and he played 13 minutes because he was our 4th string center. Then we spent much of the season one deep at 1,2 or 3 at any given time. I'm glad they've addressed that. We have 3 centers on the roster now. If two of them go down we can see if any of them have a brother who wants a 10 day contract.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is there a burning desire to see 7 footers sit in folding chairs for 3 hours?

If it's Zaza Pachulia? Yes! lol

(My bad, Zaza. I know you're not a 7-footer...)

I couldn't stand the SCUD missile park we had last year in the form of J-Pow and Etan, either. With the former taking that slow boat to China, and the latter probably likely to get plenty of time to work on his poetry and prose, I do believe we can get ONE person more valuable than those two busts were, that can be relied upon to at least give us more defensively and rebounding-wise than Magnum Rolle and/or Kito Benson. Alas, as noted above, we're not paying taxes for the luxury of having anyone less stiff than the guys mentioned here available on our roster.

Is Jon Horford available yet? ;-)

~lw3

• Premium Member

If it's Zaza Pachulia? Yes! lol

(My bad, Zaza. I know you're not a 7-footer...)

I couldn't stand the SCUD missile park we had last year in the form of J-Pow and Etan, either. With the former taking that slow boat to China, and the latter probably likely to get plenty of time to work on his poetry and prose, I do believe we can get ONE person more valuable than those two busts were, that can be relied upon to at least give us more defensively and rebounding-wise than Magnum Rolle and/or Kito Benson. Alas, as noted above, we're not paying taxes for the luxury of having anyone less stiff than the guys mentioned here available on our roster.

Is Jon Horford available yet? ;-)

~lw3

If he was, he'd probably want to play SG for us tease.gif

• Like 1

How bout Dan Gadzuric?...he can actually run the floor, averages 5 rebounds in 18 minutes of play. If we intend to run more and play faster we have to rebound, we need a an athletic big...not for offense but for defense and especially rebounding.