• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sources says earlier this month the hawks offered joe johnson and josh smith for Howard.

yungsta

I have never seen one quote where either player called each other their best friend. They played together in high school, for all we know they cannot stand each other off the court.

They both recently cohosted a benefit bowling event that was all over the news in Atlanta. Matter of fact most of the charity events that Howard hosts, Smoove attends.

They both recently cohosted a benefit bowling event that was all over the news in Atlanta. Matter of fact most of the charity events that Howard hosts, Smoove attends.

And where is this quote that they are best friends? Seems like since they are always together according to you and others, finding just one would not be like brain surgery....

I have been posting on this site for over eight years. Heard all the board member rumors about how close they are, but honest to God, I have never seen one clear cut quote from either one of them....just saying you know.

Edited by Buzzard

Horford was just on 680 talking with Linda Cohn and that other guy who wouldn't let me listen to Linda and remember her when she was young. Anyway, they brought up the trade rumors and that Al's name was included.

Al said it was the first he'd heard about it. Said if it's true then he guesses he's going back to Florida. Was fairly matter of fact about it. Wasn't very professional how they sprung it on him.

And where is this quote that they are best friends? Seems like since they are always together according to you and others, finding just one would not be like brain surgery....

I have been posting on this site for over eight years. Heard all the board member rumors about how close they are, but honest to God, I have never seen one clear cut quote from either one of them....just saying you know.

You said and i quote "for all we know they cannot stand each other off the court". Now if they couldnt stand each other why would they always be hanging out together at each others events?

• Premium Member

You have seen it now... There's several others from the AJC that goes into more details about how they wanted to play on the same team in the pros. They show up everytime we play Orlando in the playoffs.

I have never seen one quote where either player called each other their best friend. They played together in high school, for all we know they cannot stand each other off the court.

Not sure why we have to keep going over this, but yes they are best of friends.

Dwight Howard was the best man at Josh Smith's wedding.

http://blogs.ajc.com...cxntlid=sldr_hm

Edited by GameTime

You have seen it now... There's several others from the AJC that goes into more details about how they wanted to play on the same team in the pros. They show up everytime we play Orlando in the playoffs.

Quotes are everywhere, problem is they are fans quotes based on speculation on this board. Not direct quotes from either player about being best friends since high school. Still not seen one of those .... 8 years and counting.

Now I have seen something. No rehashing for me and thanks for the post.

Quotes are everywhere, problem is they are fans quotes based on speculation on this board. Not direct quotes from either player about being best friends since high school. Still not seen one of those .... 8 years and counting.

So Smoove asked someone he isnt good friends with to be the best man at his wedding?

I am assuming this is for a resigned Howard, because there is no way you give up JJ, Josh and Al if he isn't signed long term. In any case, that is too much to give up and also taking on Hedo's contract.

I would send Horf and Smoove for Howard. That gives us JJ, Marvin, Teague, Hedo, Vlad, and Howard. Teague and Marvin would have to pick up some slack but Hedo and Vlad have a little gas in their tank. I like having a inside out combo of JJ and Howard over a combo of Howard and Smoove. Plus I can't see Orlando eating JJs crazy deal after they just got rid of Arenas and are trying to dump Hedo as well.

And yes, do not do it without Howard saying he will resign. That is a no brainer I hope. I don't see the Magic dealing with us unless they can get both Horf and Smoove.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I would send Horf and Smoove for Howard. That gives us JJ, Marvin, Teague, Hedo, Vlad, and Howard. Teague and Marvin would have to pick up some slack but Hedo and Vlad have a little gas in their tank. I like having a inside out combo of JJ and Howard over a combo of Howard and Smoove. Plus I can't see Orlando eating JJs crazy deal after they just got rid of Arenas and are trying to dump Hedo as well.

And yes, do not do it without Howard saying he will resign. That is a no brainer I hope. I don't see the Magic dealing with us unless they can get both Horf and Smoove.

Well first off, they will not get Josh and Al. One or the other. Moreover, JJ is questionable.

Well first off, they will not get Josh and Al. One or the other. Moreover, JJ is questionable.

We all have our opinions. My opinion, no way we get Howard just for Al ( he is the only future prospect type player ) and filler like Hinrichs expiring garbage. I do see it as two of our three best players; and with JJ s contract looking like a albatross three years from now he is a hard sale IMO.

Since we are division rivals chances are any trade that does not net them at least two of those giys will not get us Howard. Can't see Orlando wanting to give us a ready made dynasty just for big Al. Can't see that all....But it is fun to dream.

Edited by Buzzard

We can only hope that Marvin has a breakout year that makes him attractive to Orlando in a package with Al, Kirk, and a future first by the trade deadline. We take back Hedo's bad contract, along with getting Howard. The salaries work.

I would think we would only do this if we got a promise from Howard to stay with us long term.

It's not a likely scenario, but IF Marvin is having a good year, and Kirk comes back healthy, then Orlando might not get a much better offer.

Howard would have to ask for this to happen, I suspect, and would only do so if he felt going to the Nets wouldn't allow for long term success (lack of enough quality players) or going to the Lakers would require gutting their team (Gasol and Bynum). Besides, Kobe only has a few good years left and that might also cause Howard to pause about committing to LA long term.

Chicago, if they gave up Deng and Noah, would also not have as much left as we do, so I don't know if Howard would find them attractive either.

He's going to get his endorsement money and shoe contracts if he's winning, whether its in Dallas, New York, LA, Chicago . . . or Atlanta. If WINNING is what is most important to him, then we have a shot at a trade.

Of course, the "fly in the ointment" to all of this is Howard's perception of the ASG and their credibility as owners.

Edited by LongTimeFan

Howard would have to ask for this to happen, I suspect, and would only do so if he felt going to the Nets wouldn't allow for long term success (lack of enough quality players) or going to the Lakers would require gutting their team (Gasol and Bynum). Besides, Kobe only has a few good years left and that might also cause Howard to pause about committing to LA long term.

Chicago, if they gave up Deng and Noah, would also not have as much left as we do, so I don't know if Howard would find them attractive either.

Of course, the "fly in the ointment" to all of this is Howard's perception of the ASG and their credibility as owners.

The other fly for us is Orlando has to endorse it.

Chicago with Rose, RIP, Korver, CJ, Taj, Boozer, and Howard would be a conference finals team. No ifs, ands, or buts about it in my opinion....but that is just my opinion. Thing is for Chicago, that would give them two in their prime MVPs to build around. Kobe and Shaq anyone. I do not care how you look at that, its a scary as hell thought if you have to compete with them.

Edited by Buzzard

Buzzard would you have someone you hated be the best man at your wedding? Because Dwight was at smoove's. They are best friend's and have said so many times. Rondo is another one, smoove wanted him to be a hawk the year we wasted a pick on shelden williams.

You need to read all the threads in this posting, but I guess you are above that. I admitted I was wrong when Diesel and Gametime gave me some info. In fact my very first posting at the top of this page. Do not know how you missed this?

My statement: Now I have seen something. No rehashing for me and thanks for the post.

Edited by Buzzard

\Why does this matter again. My bbf is in Miami. We have been teammates and we have been rivals. It's makes no difference in terms of business. This Josh Smith thing seems to be heavily pushed by those who feel Smith is our best player. This is as big as an agenda as Diesel trade Marvin movement he been doing for over 5 years.

@ another poster: Since when has Deng and Noah equaled Joe and Smoove much less Smoove and Horford.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

We all have our opinions. My opinion, no way we get Howard just for Al ( he is the only future prospect type player ) and filler like Hinrichs expiring garbage. I do see it as two of our three best players; and with JJ s contract looking like a albatross three years from now he is a hard sale IMO.

Since we are division rivals chances are any trade that does not net them at least two of those giys will not get us Howard. Can't see Orlando wanting to give us a ready made dynasty just for big Al. Can't see that all....But it is fun to dream.

We may get Dwight for Al, Hinrich, and Teague while taking on a contract (Nelson) or Al, Teague, and MW should MW step up even further.

I will add this...

If Orlando does not want to do into full rebuilding mode then I do not see them trading to a division rival. If it was going to be 4-5 yrs before they could hope to be competitive again then big deal who they trade Howard to. If they want to compete now, it matters now who they trade Howard to.

I don't like hearing this.

W