• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When Howard becomes a possibility, all the boo birds disappear?

Diesel

• Premium Member

My 5th and final cent: Howard is a bona fide HOF center. The best big man since Shaq, and in the same company as Mourning and Ewing. Ewing never won a championship but he went to them with some crappy teams. Mourning took poor heat teams to ECFs. Howard almost by himself has been to ECFs and one finals.

People there is no such thing as to much for Howard if you are talking about any two of our players. We are not getting past Miami with our current core, and Chicago will also be better this season with another year under their belt. Dream all you want about JJ, Horford, and Smoove taking us past these teams, it aint happening. The Knicks just may pass us this season as well.

A once every decade player like Howard is worth it. Quit crying about losing so and so like they are HOF bound for christ sakes....if Howard will sign with us, get him if you can Sund, period end of story.

Let's correct some things here...

First off, I don't think Howard is a once in a lifetime center like you proclaim. IF he were, they would have won a title by now. If he were, they would have gotten out of the first round. Howard is a true center that plays great defense. The Morning comparison is about right. That being said, you don't sell the farm (two allstars and picks) for a guy who is the best big man playing today. Look back at the Shaq to Miami deal. Shaq in his prime got the Lakers Butler, Odom, and a pick. None of those guys were allstars at the time. And Shaq was a lot more dominant than Howard is right now. The point is that right now, our bidding war is against Chicago and OKC. Specifically, what's being compared are: Horf to Noah to Westbrook.

That's where we are right now.

The real pressure is coming from NJ.

Otis Smith will deal before the deadline. I'm happy that we're in the running. However, I don't think we have to give up JJ for Howard if Howard has not signed an extension.

IF Howard comes to us with a signed extension, I would give them Joe and Horf to make the deal go through. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would give them that.

Let's correct some things here...

First off, I don't think Howard is a once in a lifetime center like you proclaim. IF he were, they would have won a title by now. If he were, they would have gotten out of the first round. Howard is a true center that plays great defense. The Morning comparison is about right. That being said, you don't sell the farm (two allstars and picks) for a guy who is the best big man playing today. Look back at the Shaq to Miami deal. Shaq in his prime got the Lakers Butler, Odom, and a pick. None of those guys were allstars at the time. And Shaq was a lot more dominant than Howard is right now. The point is that right now, our bidding war is against Chicago and OKC. Specifically, what's being compared are: Horf to Noah to Westbrook.

That's where we are right now.

The real pressure is coming from NJ.

Otis Smith will deal before the deadline. I'm happy that we're in the running. However, I don't think we have to give up JJ for Howard if Howard has not signed an extension.

IF Howard comes to us with a signed extension, I would give them Joe and Horf to make the deal go through. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would give them that.

First off lets be clear about how much Shaq was in his prime compared to Howard. Shaq went to Miami at 32, Howard is 26. Now you say Howard is comparable to Mourning, I also think he is comparable to Ewing as well.

I would give any two of these three for Howard..... Josh, JJ, Horford. I would and don't care which two it is. But I am of the opinion that JJ and Howard would make a great inside outside duo, my 2nd choice is keeping Horford, my last is keeping Josh. For me its skill sets. I like both JJ and Horfords skills better than Josh.

No one with half a brain can argue that Josh has better skills than any of those two. With that being said, I would still move our two most skilled players, Horford and JJ, to get Howard. But would prefer shipping only one of them along with Josh. Nothing anyone can say will change my mind and this is all on Howard signing with us longterm.

Edited by Buzzard

If he resigned with us, then I would give up two of the three or just get creative with one of them.

Diesel, btw. Nets is probably have the worst deal for him right now. Besides, Magic has dealt with a foot injury before (Grant Hill) and it was bad, very bad for them. So Brook Lopez isnt going to make the brass of the Magic happy if he doesnt recover.

NJN might have to wait until off-season to get him, OKC might have a chance but Perkins fits them better there.

At the end, if he is wiling to sit down and willing to negoiate or re-sign with us, then pull the tigger on this trade. No more "Manning Trade".

• Premium Member

First off lets be clear about how much Shaq was in his prime compared to Howard. Shaq went to Miami at 32, Howard is 26. Now you say Howard is comparable to Mourning, I also think he is comparable to Ewing as well.

I would give any two of these three for Howard..... Josh, JJ, Horford. I would and don't care which two it is. But I am of the opinion that JJ and Howard would make a great inside outside duo, my 2nd choice is keeping Horford, my last is keeping Josh. For me its skill sets. I like both JJ and Horfords skills better than Josh.

No one with half a brain can argue that Josh has better skills than any of those two. With that being said, I would still move our two most skilled players, Horford and JJ, to get Howard. But would prefer shipping only one of them along with Josh. Nothing anyone can say will change my mind and this is all on Howard signing with us longterm.

I would give JJ if Howard came back with a signed extension. However, it's likely that he won't so I think we hold on to JJ and deal them Horf. Horf is not minced meat neither. 2 time allstar with a level of consistency that is great. He's signed to a good deal, played at UF, has a cuban, D.R., Hatti contingency that would probably support him in Fla.

• Premium Member

If he resigned with us, then I would give up two of the three or just get creative with one of them.

Diesel, btw. Nets is probably have the worst deal for him right now. Besides, Magic has dealt with a foot injury before (Grant Hill) and it was bad, very bad for them. So Brook Lopez isnt going to make the brass of the Magic happy if he doesnt recover.

NJN might have to wait until off-season to get him, OKC might have a chance but Perkins fits them better there.

At the end, if he is wiling to sit down and willing to negoiate or re-sign with us, then pull the tigger on this trade. No more "Manning Trade".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that NJ is applying pressure through trade. I'm saying NJ is applying pressure because they are one of the teams that can sign D-12 outright. They cleared up enough cash to sign him and Deron. I agree that Lopez is busted. I've watched a bad wheel put Yao, Bill Walton, and other 7 footers out of commission forever. Once those bones start to go, it's like a ripple effect. With Hill, it was an infection that prolonged his injury. However, Brooks should take his time and come back when it's best for him. If I'm Otis, I just rated Horf above Brooks.

More importantly, did people all the sudden forget what the major deal Orlando was going to take to move Howard to NJ? Think about it. They were going to send Dwight and Hedo to NJ for Lopez and Capspace with Picks. Come on man. Horf is better than Lopez.