• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to get rid of Josh

MoBetta

We dont need to get rid of Josh. LD needs to grow some balls. Me, as the coach of the Hawks would sacrifice some games by sitting Smoove when he goes against what him and I discussed. Simple as that. LD is the coach and if he gonna let Smoove do what he wants to do then find someone who is not scared to discipline Smoove. Simple as that.

Yeah tone...I always thought that - even making less money - the coach has the trump card - sitting the guy who acts up or doesn't follow the game plan....but I think that is not always the case in the NBA. Coaching in the NBA must be a weird and odd deal.

Coach to player: "&^# the F_^& do you think you are doing?...you are sitting this game due to gross insubordination...you did not follow my plays in the last five possessions of the game"

Player to coach: "Yeah...OK"

Player to agent: "this ^#$ thinks he can tell me wh@ the )*)$^( to do &**#@hell"

Agent to owner: "well these things have to be handled carefully..you do want your best player happy, right?"

Owner to coach: "&^# the F_^& do you think you are doing?"

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Four games into the season and y'all are already complaining. Especially considering these have been low key games. Wait a week or two until we have some more key matchups and then re-evaluate.

I'd say it's more like a break from complaining last season...because Josh hasn't changed at all.

Looking at Josh's blocked shots and offensive rebounds from last season and the start of this season, it sure looks like his athleticism is starting to decline. Most veteran players compensate by playing smarter, but Josh...

The back to back alley-oop to Josh, followed up with Josh blocking King James at the other end basically won the game for the Hawks.

I agree his shot selection is piss poor but was glad to see him come through with those big plays in the clutch.

If the Hawks could get back real value for Josh then he would already be gone by now.

• Moderators

The back to back alley-oop to Josh, followed up with Josh blocking King James at the other end basically won the game for the Hawks.

I agree his shot selection is piss poor but was glad to see him come through with those big plays in the clutch.

If the Hawks could get back real value for Josh then he would already be gone by now.

I think you hit the nail on the head. And I've always been a huge Josh Smith fan. People overlook that he has made big improvements in his game every single year but that doesn't go on forever. He probably is who he's going to be at this point. I see signs that LD, Josh and the team are figuring ways to minimize the frustrating things that Josh can do on offense sometimes. Last night there was one or two times that Joe dribbled for 15 seconds and then passed to a wide open Josh who had to take a long jumper. That used to happen all the time but we are running better offensive sets and getting closer to the basket with Teague. Last night was a great win and Josh was a huge part of closing it out.

• Like 1

Smith was pretty good last night. He had a double-double with a couple of clutch blocks. Just needs to work on his offense, he doesnt seem as strong since he lost all that weight.

Working on his offense? The only thing he needs to work on is not shooting from long range and handling the ball in transition. Saying he is not as strong is just another excuse, he lost weight to make him quicker to the basket and what does he do....lazy azz bum just settles for the long jump shot time and again.

Couldn't agree less. Yea, Josh drives me insane when he is shooting long jumpers but he was the only one playing his *ss off at the end of the game last night. He was all over the court hustling, blocking shots, throwing and receiving alley oops, and grabbing every rebound within 10 feet.

He's missing jumpers (most of which are with 3 seconds left on the shot clock) but you know what? I'm glad that someone on this team isn't afraid to take them. Can't trade Josh Smith.

Couldn't agree less. Yea, Josh drives me insane when he is shooting long jumpers but he was the only one playing his *ss off at the end of the game last night. He was all over the court hustling, blocking shots, throwing and receiving alley oops, and grabbing every rebound within 10 feet.

He's missing jumpers (most of which are with 3 seconds left on the shot clock) but you know what? I'm glad that someone on this team isn't afraid to take them. Can't trade Josh Smith.

I think that's just it. Everyone sees so much potential in Smoove and he refuses to play to his strengths. I'll just leave this here...

http://www.hoopinionblog.com/2012/01/foolish-consistency-is-hobgoblin-of.html

• Like 1