• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague is the real deal

uga2006

Slightly off topic, but since I'm no longer in the ATL and can't see Jeff Teague play live, tonight I will be going to my first UK game of the season to see his brother Marquis Teague play for Big Blue Nation. I see so many resemblances between the two, it's scary. Go Cats!

Let's not forget that Rondo is the best defensive point guard in the league

With KG helpside defense. If you gave Teague KG or Dwight, he would be the best defensive PG in the game.

• Premium Member

I take my time evaluating players - especially the young guys coming in. I try not to rush an opinion or make knee-jerk evaluations. When I see something particularly promising though, I'm gonna speak on it.

The things that I have seen from Teague from day one though are three-fold:

1 - This kid is ****F A S T**** I don't think anyone has quite figured that out though. Even when they do, there ain't a damn thing they'll be able to do about it. Quickness like that is always dangerous.

2 - Teague gets to the rim at will. Part of it is quickness. Part of it is athleticism. The other part is just that knack for getting there. Some players have it. Some don't. Teague has been able to get to the basket since day one.

3 - Teague has a little bit of swagger about him. You could definitely see it on the college level and you can kinda see it now - although Woody did his best to undermine it (sonnova.........).

Based on those three things alone, what I've been saying since the beginning is this is not a player that you just toss into a trade. Because you put those things together and what you've got is a guy that at a minimum should be able to provide some sort of production 10/5 at the least.

Now....

All of a sudden he's not just getting to the rim, he's getting RIGHT AT THE RIM and just barely missing shots. This has of late become "OMFG...how did he hit that!?!??" on more than one occasion. Then you see this kid getting into the passing lanes and (as Nique would say lol) geting his "hands on balls." He stays in front of his man and is a pesky defender.

"BUT HE CAN'T SHOOT!!!!"

....and now he's stroking it from behind the arc.

He's hitting shots ff the glass, making floaters, he's got a 3pt shot now. He's getting steals and assists. Quickness was always there. Really, he's only missing an off the dribble, midrange shot and some veteran savvy. I'm gonna go ahead and agree that he's the real deal. He's holding it down against some big time opposition.

Edited by Wretch