• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A big teaching moment for Hawks, but team missed McGrady's ability to close in 4th

hawks21

McGrady was apparently limited by injury, but the Hawks missed his presence on the floor who can attack the basket, draw fouls and rebound.

I hate to see Teague and Horford wilt a little bit under the pressure at the free throw line, but hopefully they can shake this off--fast.

We didn't see the 'second team' as a unit late in the third quarter and earlier in the game Marvin had success against Kyle Korver and Luol Deng in particular.

It's sad if we have to hope for the vet min. guy to come and save this core group that is suppose to be elite. That should tell you all you need to know about this core

• Like 1

T-Mac look dead for the whole game. No T-Mac. Marvin did his job on offense and defense.

McGrady was apparently limited by injury, but the Hawks missed his presence on the floor who can attack the basket, draw fouls and rebound.

I hate to see Teague and Horford wilt a little bit under the pressure at the free throw line, but hopefully they can shake this off--fast.

We didn't see the 'second team' as a unit late in the third quarter and earlier in the game Marvin had success against Kyle Korver and Luol Deng in particular.

I knew Teague would miss those free throws.

Edited by Dolfan23
Please refrain from making the type of remarks that you did as there is no need for that.
  • Like 1

T-Mac look dead for the whole game. No T-Mac. Marvin did his job on offense and defense.

I thought I would never say this, but I wish I saw more Marvin Williams in this game. When the Hawks went through a bad stretch in which Pargo hit a three point shot early in the 4th, the Bulls were making their move and Jeff Teague should have been inserted in the game earlier. If Derrick Rose is out there, then Teague should be OUT THERE... Coach Drew waited too long..

Teague did clam up late at the free throw line, but someone has to stay in front of Rose and pressure him FOR FOUR QUARTERS...it's tough to do, but Teague is the best person to do this--especially if he wasn't in foul trouble.

It's sad if we have to hope for the vet min. guy to come and save this core group that is suppose to be elite. That should tell you all you need to know about this core

I have to agree.

Joe Johnson had a terrible shooting night and he really needed to earn that 120 million contract on this particular night on the road in a contested situation--in the fourth quarter.

McGrady can still blow by people, even at his advanced age, and attack the basket and/or make a good pass to a teammate... I just don't see that from Joe and Luol Deng got the best of him again--offensively and defensively.

ISO JJ was back tonight and as we have watched before, it just

doesn't seem to work any more.

I know they want the ball in JJ's hands but too much is too much.

Bulls just "suddenly" came to life and blew the Hawks out of the gym.

They could do no wrong and Hawks could do no right. Huge lead

evaporated like a frost in August in Atlanta. NOTE: It doesn't frost

in Atlanta in August. Hawks couldn't buy a shot and couldn't stop

the Bulls.

Oh well. Going 1-1 on the road against the #1 and #2 teams in the NBA

can't all be bad. Hawks played last night. Bullls rested. We were @

their house. Now both teams have to come to our house and play.

No one else gets the top two NBA teams for four games in a week.

spiteful.gif

With TMac you know it's going to be a situation where you have to monitor his minutes. He's old with considerable tear rather than wear on his wheels so you can't expect big minute contributions from him on back to back nights unless you want to sacrifice not having him for an extended period of time down the line.

I think everyone is upset because we should have won this game the way it was played, but did anyone really expect the Hawks to be this competitive v. the Bulls on a b2b road games? If so, your expectations are really out of line with what NBA teams do, even the good ones.

The team was dragging last night. The fact that they kept the defensive energy up is a testament to how much they wanted it. But no one had their shooting legs. What I hope the guys learned from that game is that they need to post up when they are tired. Joe especially needs to live in the post when he's tired. He can back other guards down and get easier shots down there. Horford also needs to park himself in the high post.

Bottom line: the Hawks showed themselves to be a hungry team last night, but a very tired, hungry team.