• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Youtube meets ATLIEN ANGER...

Diesel

This is some funny ish! You know it's bad when Josh Childress even gets called out LMAO ... I still have 2/3 of the video to go and I'm cracking up.

Diesel I had no idea you were so angry about Atlanta's teams hang3.gif

I'd like to see that guy see Josh Smith or Joe Johnson or Roddy White out at the club and see what kind of tune he'd be singing then.

I do not like how even though the Hawks are pretty good/decent but still get put under the category of being a sucky team. Why is the bar so high for the Hawks but not so high for the Falcons or other Atlanta teams for that matter?

The team has been progressing for about 7 years straight, I don't get it.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

• Moderators

I do not like how even though the Hawks are pretty good/decent but still get put under the category of being a sucky team. Why is the bar so high for the Hawks but not so high for the Falcons or other Atlanta teams for that matter?

The team has been progressing for about 7 years straight, I don't get it.

Its because they (like the falcons and braves) let you down in embarrassing fashion. Last years playoffs the Hawks actually went out without total embarrassment, but that was after a season of enduring other teams fans in our own building be obnoxious while blowing us out by 30 or 40 points. You spend you're money you wear the tshirt you scream at the other fans and then your team loses to Orlando by historic margins (year before). Its crazy how its been like that for the Braves and now the Falcons. Losing on a Jim Leyritz homer is one thing and it stings like hell but you still go home believing in your team. Getting outscored 2-0 by your own defense against one of the worst defenses in the nfl makes you want to blow s*** up.

The Hawks have a chance this year to build some real excitement because Atlanta fans are desperate for a team to show up and kick *ss. If we can slay some giants you'll see these 'crappy' fans turn out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Its because they (like the falcons and braves) let you down in embarrassing fashion. Last years playoffs the Hawks actually went out without total embarrassment, but that was after a season of enduring other teams fans in our own building be obnoxious while blowing us out by 30 or 40 points. You spend you're money you wear the tshirt you scream at the other fans and then your team loses to Orlando by historic margins (year before). Its crazy how its been like that for the Braves and now the Falcons. Losing on a Jim Leyritz homer is one thing and it stings like hell but you still go home believing in your team. Getting outscored 2-0 by your own defense against one of the worst defenses in the nfl makes you want to blow s*** up.

The Hawks have a chance this year to build some real excitement because Atlanta fans are desperate for a team to show up and kick *ss. If we can slay some giants you'll see these 'crappy' fans turn out.

If we got D-12 for a playoff run, There would be pandamonium in the city. We would go from the team that nobody cares about to Everybody's favorite Team in the NBA. Our owners should be pushing for the move to get Howard here. They should push everyday to see what Otis would take (Horf). The bottom line is that we just need that one shot with him here and that would change this whole city.

So much has happened in the past year that I actually forgot about all of those embarrassing home blowouts last year. I know it's very early in the season but it sure seems like we're 1000x better this year doesn't it?

• Premium Member

So much has happened in the past year that I actually forgot about all of those embarrassing home blowouts last year. I know it's very early in the season but it sure seems like we're 1000x better this year doesn't it?

I think it was the way we lost in the playoffs last year. We lost last year, but by no means did we ever feel like Chicago was just dominant and we couldn't win. It gave us a lot of hope because Chicago was the best team by record last year. Also, the emergence of Teague.

Right now, we ought to be 9-1. But even with 2 losses due to dumb mistakes, we still beat the Heat with Lebron and Wade and the Bulls. In the two games that we have played the Bulls, we are the last team that they should want to see in a best of 7. To go all the way however, we need D-12. Those rebounds, that defense, and scoring in the low post is a perfect fit for what we have...

Who has been tweeting him?

• Like 1

I think it was the way we lost in the playoffs last year. We lost last year, but by no means did we ever feel like Chicago was just dominant and we couldn't win. It gave us a lot of hope because Chicago was the best team by record last year. Also, the emergence of Teague.

Right now, we ought to be 9-1. But even with 2 losses due to dumb mistakes, we still beat the Heat with Lebron and Wade and the Bulls. In the two games that we have played the Bulls, we are the last team that they should want to see in a best of 7. To go all the way however, we need D-12. Those rebounds, that defense, and scoring in the low post is a perfect fit for what we have...

Who has been tweeting him?

You're probably right that the Chicago series had a lot to do with our play this year. That, along with replacing Bibby and Jamal from our offense & "defense" with upgrades of Teague (massive upgrade) and T-Mac/Vlad/Green/Pargo have also made a tremendous impact on our ability to play closer to an elite level.

You ought to get this angry Atlien to recruit D-12 or even have him threaten to beat Dwight up if he doesn't want to play for Atlanta.

• Moderators

If we can protect our home floor, show up big on national tv we will generate some interest. The more we can put a scare into other teams the more buzz we will get. I guarantee that the Bulls are wary of us now. The Heat are too big of assholes to be concerned about us yet but if we play our cards right they will be. We have to be willing to match them physically.

Back to the question though. One decent playoffs isn't going to get us over the hump fan wise. They need to be consistently good this year.

Hey wasn't Rise Up the Hawks slogan before it was the Falcons? How does that work?

I think it was the way we lost in the playoffs last year. We lost last year, but by no means did we ever feel like Chicago was just dominant and we couldn't win. It gave us a lot of hope because Chicago was the best team by record last year. Also, the emergence of Teague. Right now, we ought to be 9-1. But even with 2 losses due to dumb mistakes, we still beat the Heat with Lebron and Wade and the Bulls. In the two games that we have played the Bulls, we are the last team that they should want to see in a best of 7. To go all the way however, we need D-12. Those rebounds, that defense, and scoring in the low post is a perfect fit for what we have... Who has been tweeting him?

I dont know but somebody needs to tweet him everyday about this.

For the Hawks, if this will might be the last year that core might stick together, i think they should pull out all the stops. Right now, the Hawks is playing a high level right now and adding one more person will push them over the ECSF hump, if that person is D-12, then go for it, besides Hawks might have a chance to be king in Atlanta (even know that CFB will always be king) and this is a perfect opportunity for Ownership to capitize on this chance.

But he was very funny and very truthful, that is how we fans feel right now about Atlanta teams.