• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Don't write off Hawks just yet

sturt

• Premium Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/01/13/dont-write-the-hawks-off-just-yet/

...The same teams the Hawks were going to jockey with for playoff position if Horford was in uniform – the 76ers, Pacers, Celtics, Knicks and Magic –will be the exact same teams they deal with without him.

Bottom line: Don’t assume anything with these Hawks.

My guess is they aren’t going anywhere. And it would be a foolish move to write them off now, before we know exactly what they will try to do to compensate for Horford’s absence.

You can always count on Sekou to get it right whenever he writes for an article on the Hawks. I wish he would go back to regularly covering the Hawks instead of Cunningham. I think Jeff Schultz should no longer be allowed to write on the Hawks. He knows of nothing he's talking about, and he creates a negative following for our fans.

Edited by willthepureshooter

Sekou was far more plugged in with sources though, MC may have an insanely larger understanding of the NBA than Sekou but his Rolodex is nonexistent, half the time he's reacting to some other guy's article on the Hawks rather than having the news himself.

• Like 1

I think he's right - certainly no time to write the Hawks off. Losing AL was the big blow (hopefully back for the playoffs)...but we keep absorbing other blows like we are fighting Pachiou. Last game we had 2 starters and 2 expected contributors out of the game. To survive until the playoffs we need Marvin back - T-Mac making more than guest appearances - and Kirk back to futher stabilize the PG spot.

Basically, I think we make the playoffs for sure if it's just the Al Horford injury we have to deal with. But the hits just keep coming sad.png

Well, Hawks have played 2 games without our all star center.

They have won both games and are now tied for 1st place. Not bad. Not bad at all.

We certainly miss the big guy. Get well soon!

Atlanta still has some pretty good players, don't you think. Who wants to write us off??

Just keep believing Hawks have nothing left when we come to your city. Just Don't pay

any attention to all those wins.

GO HAWKS!!

Well, Hawks have played 2 games without our all star center.

They have won both games and are now tied for 1st place. Not bad. Not bad at all.

We certainly miss the big guy. Get well soon!...

Agreed G-M. At this point we have to win every gave we can IMO and hope AL returns at 90+% for the playoffs.

Ivan...while probably about 6-7 and 1/2...is playing inside like a 6-10 guy. He's no AL on the offensive end but is he can keep up the energy and tough play inside who knows?