• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Horfords injury make him expendible if we greatly improve in the playoffs this season?

willthepureshooter

Horford does a lot more than shooting and being a leader which really wasn't his best attributes in Atlanta anyway. He's hurt. No really need to trade him now or ever unless it's for Dwight or Lebron. Someone who could take us over the top. Let me heal and hopefully we will be back by the end of the season.

I know I'm in the minority, but if this team gets to the ECF this year (or gets very close), I can see the ASG going over the cap to sign a center instead of trading Horford or others. Yea, I know, I'm optimistic.

Just FYI for 2012, here are the free agents at center (I might be missing a couple):

Roy Hibbert ®

Andrew Bynam (U)

Kevin Love ®

Brook Lopez ®

David Anderson ®

Dwight Howard ® - of course

Tim Duncan (U)

Mehmet Okur (U)

JaVale McGee ®

• Moderators

I know I'm in the minority, but if this team gets to the ECF this year (or gets very close), I can see the ASG going over the cap to sign a center instead of trading Horford or others. Yea, I know, I'm optimistic.

Given our salary situation, we won't be able to sign anyone for really more than the MLE so here are the options:

Not signing for the MLE

Roy Hibbert ®

Andrew Bynam (U)

Kevin Love ®

Brook Lopez ®

Dwight Howard ® - of course [Isn't he unrestricted?]

Tim Duncan (U)

JaVale McGee ®

Realistic targets

David Anderson ® [Isn't he unrestricted?]

Mehmet Okur (U)

I'm not sure how much these guys bring to the table, though.

• Premium Member

Horford does a lot more than shooting and being a leader which really wasn't his best attributes in Atlanta anyway. He's hurt. No really need to trade him now or ever unless it's for Dwight or Lebron. Someone who could take us over the top. Let me heal and hopefully we will be back by the end of the season.

Wait...what!? AHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Was Bynum expendable when the Lakers went to a Finals and played multiple seasons with him on the bench? Jameer Nelson for the Magic? Rudy Gay? You don't lose your job due to a few games of your team doing good without you yet alone a whole season but maybe we can trade Al for Wade, they both seem to be expendable for their teams now.

Was Bynum expendable when the Lakers went to a Finals and played multiple seasons with him on the bench? Jameer Nelson for the Magic? Rudy Gay? You don't lose your job due to a few games of your team doing good without you yet alone a whole season but maybe we can trade Al for Wade, they both seem to be expendable for their teams now.

If I remember correctly, the word around the NBA was that Bynum was being shopped. Maybe it was a rumor that was going on, but do recall him being shopped. No one bit because of his knee.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, the word around the NBA was that Bynum was being shopped. Maybe it was a rumor that was going on, but do recall him being shopped. No one bit because of his knee.

No, Kobe wanted him bounced for Jason Kidd but Kupchak was steadfast in wanting to keep him. It's yet another example of great players being horrible GMs.

• Like 1

There is no rush to do anything concerning Al unless the player we get will lead us to championship level or at least close. We have 6 out of 7 games on the road starting tonite. I think this stretch will give us a more realistic sense of where this team is without Al.

There is no rush to do anything concerning Al unless the player we get will lead us to championship level or at least close. We have 6 out of 7 games on the road starting tonite. I think this stretch will give us a more realistic sense of where this team is without Al.

I really think we can win-out this road trip. As long as we stay consistent and LD uses our bench correctly.

• Premium Member

Horford is an all-star. A young one. No, I don't think we could consider him expendable. The Hawks happened to win 4 in a row against bad teams. It's not like we are already a powerhouse.

I would wait for the next 2 or 3 weeks before thinking about trading whomever.

I really think we can win-out this road trip. As long as we stay consistent and LD uses our bench correctly.

I hope we win out as well, if we play defense like we are capable of playing and share the ball and not settle for jumpshots we will be OK.

This is our next 7 games - 6 road, 1 home. This is going to be tough with all the travel included. (Philly, Atlanta, Cleveland, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Detroit, New Orleans and finally Toronto).

Sixers - L, they lost at home last game so Doug Collins will have them ready, I hope I'm wrong and we beat them to a pulp.

Cavs (home) - W

Bucks - W

Spurs - L, they are tough at home

Pistons - W

Hornets - W

Raptors - L, we will be exhausted

I'm hoping I'm wrong and hope we beat Philly.....biggrin.png

As I said, terrible thread.

Terrible post!

I never called you a terrible poster. Don't take offense personally but this is a terrible reactionary thread.

Edited by nbasuperstar40