• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Phiily game was SO expected

DJlaysitup

I saw this coming from a mile away. Actually I was impressed that we played well early and shot the ball well on their homecourt.

We were up by 8 at halftime and Jeffrey was doing it all - and I mentioned in the chatroom that I hoped we would be within 10 points down after the third quarter and have a chance to win. I totally expected a major Philly 3rd quarter run.

To be honest - after we weathered the storm and Willie made a late three to keep us within 7 - I figured it would go down to the wire.

But our guys basically gave up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You're right. Fans expect the Hawks to win every game and sometimes forget the circumstances going around the game.

Philly is trying to make a point. I feel like they are where we were when we went 34-7 at home two years ago.

After they lost to Denver the other night (at home) I didn't think we could win this game either. It's just a numbers game. We will play bad eventually and they won't lose back to back games at home. The Hawks ARE going to lose, and this just had a L written all over it.

You get up for games like this and celebrate hard when we win. If we lose you just kinda shrug it off and factor it into one of our 20-27 loses.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Basically came out of the half with no adjustments, and Philly made theirs. Poor coaching and lack of leadership.

I can agree with this. Now why can't you post like this in your other threads?????

Edited by hawkman

I wish this team could get rid of Marvin. Sorry... Back surgery didn't help anything. This guy is a bum of a player. You figure with Al out, Marvin could average at least 14/7. Instead, he has averaged 7.3PPG and 6RPG since. It looks like 2007 is going to be the best season that he has in his career. All he has done since is get worse and worse. Didn't Billy say this guy would be a 20/8 player or something? Looks like Billy was WAY off the mark. Josh Smith be a dumb player, but Marvin is just flat out terrible.

Flat games are going to happen.

Most of the guys looked bad (except Green and JT). For me, Joe scoring 8 is a huge factor. Alas, they just need to put this stinker out of their minds and win the next one.

I do think we are starting to see the effect of the loss of Horford, however.

Poor Marvin. Think back. In the Hawks last win, at the beginning of the game,

Atlanta had 6 points to start the game. Marvin was 3 for 3 = 6 points. Add

4 rebounds to go with his 6 points. Marvin was the ONLY Hawk with points.

Time out. Marvin was taken out of the game and sat on the bench until

the second quarter. Why? Others had shot the ball (and missed) so it

was not like he was being a ball hog. And, he had 4 rebounds.

Shades of Lennie W. We're on a time schedule here and it was time for him

to come out of the game. End of story. Egad. Looked familiar from long ago.

My point? Marvin is not always the bad apple. Some of this stuff we can't

blame on Marvin. Last night, there was enough bad stuff happening in that

third quarter for every player on the floor to have to answer for. The entire

team really stunk.

But, that's only one game. Gotta come back and recover tonight.

GO HAWKS!!!

PS. Question: What happened last night? Hawks had very few foul shots.

• Like 2

76ers are basically a mirror image of the Hawks themselves. For some reason they are a bad matchup for the Hawks.

Teams who can counter the balance, length, and athleticism the Hawks have seem to have their way. Namely Philly, Denver, and OKC.

Edited by High5

Poor Marvin. Think back. In the Hawks last win, at the beginning of the game, Atlanta had 6 points to start the game. Marvin was 3 for 3 = 6 points. Add 4 rebounds to go with his 6 points. Marvin was the ONLY Hawk with points. Time out. Marvin was taken out of the game and sat on the bench until the second quarter. Why? Others had shot the ball (and missed) so it was not like he was being a ball hog. And, he had 4 rebounds. Shades of Lennie W. We're on a time schedule here and it was time for him to come out of the game. End of story. Egad. Looked familiar from long ago. My point? Marvin is not always the bad apple. Some of this stuff we can't blame on Marvin. Last night, there was enough bad stuff happening in that third quarter for every player on the floor to have to answer for. The entire team really stunk. But, that's only one game. Gotta come back and recover tonight. GO HAWKS!!! PS. Question: What happened last night? Hawks had very few foul shots.

I've been wondering about Marvin getting less minutes. I can see it in games where he's not doing anything, but the example you gave is a good one. I notice he looks more winded and sweaty than the other guys. Maybe he's just out of shape???

Poor Marvin. Think back. In the Hawks last win, at the beginning of the game,

Atlanta had 6 points to start the game. Marvin was 3 for 3 = 6 points. Add

4 rebounds to go with his 6 points. Marvin was the ONLY Hawk with points.

Time out. Marvin was taken out of the game and sat on the bench until

the second quarter. Why? Others had shot the ball (and missed) so it

was not like he was being a ball hog. And, he had 4 rebounds.

Shades of Lennie W. We're on a time schedule here and it was time for him

to come out of the game. End of story. Egad. Looked familiar from long ago.

My point? Marvin is not always the bad apple. Some of this stuff we can't

blame on Marvin. Last night, there was enough bad stuff happening in that

third quarter for every player on the floor to have to answer for. The entire

team really stunk.

But, that's only one game. Gotta come back and recover tonight.

GO HAWKS!!!

PS. Question: What happened last night? Hawks had very few foul shots.

He was a top 3 pick and now he is a 10/5 player at best.

.....I do think we are starting to see the effect of the loss of Horford, however.

100% Agreed Fros.

Maybe this is just something I'm making up in my head - but - I think when things get tough the other 4 on the floor are probably more comfortable looking around and seeing Al Horford.

Let's face it - the guy was a stud on NCAA Champion team Florida. He has been through some wars in his young career and came out on top.

Let's face it - the guy was a stud on NCAA Champion team Florida. He has been through some wars in his young career and came out on top.

Not against Chicago in the playoffs last year though.