• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MEM vs ATL

99PROBL3MS

These games make so angry that I literally have to stop watching or my blood sugar sky rockets as a diabetic from my blood pressure from screaming at the television. This team still has the same problem as we've had for YEARS now: we don't just lose a game we get BLOWN OUT in a loss. The team just gives up. There is no defense for it, they just give up. Awful lack of leadership when it comes to getting guys to fight back when down.

That's been the problem, no discipline, and no leadership. Nothing new. Jekyll and Hyde team.

• Premium Member

Wretch, I'm trying to find the best way to describe your eerily prophetic discovery of the Hawks and their cycle and how it extends over eras.

It's like we're early man looking at the stars and saying they are just random dots in the sky but you come along and say "waitaminute, I've seen that shape before" and connect the dots.

You're like that kid that I always swear is Haley Joel Osmont in Mercury Rising.

You're like Nic Cage in Knowing.

I get your apprehension, you're the guy who knows when the world is going to end but one ain't exactly proud to be right about a thing like that so you're holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, you're wrong.

Gotta say I commend you and at the same time feel sorry for the fact your brain contains all this information. About 5 more Cuba libres and I'll remember this as just another solitary loss in the morning. Cheers!

lol...

I hope I'm wrong man...I love this team. But no matter how good they get, they are still the same personalities.

Who is our go to guy? What happens when good teams REALLY D him up?

clark_kent.jpg

What happens when Josh Smith gets the ball and the defender sags off of him?

brick.jpg

What happens to Marvin after he puts 8 points on the board in the 1st half?

invisable+man.jpg

What happens when the opposition makes a halftime adjustment...comes out with more energy, effort, hustle, etc....

blogs-us-building-collapse-small.jpg

What happens when the jumpshots stop falling?

3322971682_60f29bb672_z.jpg

You mix that with an opposing team that is hungry, or has a superstar, or just playoff basketball in general....and it's pretty predictable. Something has to change within the core of who these guys are. What gives me hope is how we played in Chicago last year and how we played them and Miami this year.

At some point though you have to figure out when you've hit that "stasis" point. You don't want to be that team who's ceiling is the 2nd round, but who's floor is not a top 5 pick. We'll sit in this vortex of being "pretty good" while the teams above us fall and the teams below us rise.

• Like 2

Wretch, I'm trying to find the best way to describe your eerily prophetic discovery of the Hawks and their cycle and how it extends over eras.

It's like we're early man looking at the stars and saying they are just random dots in the sky but you come along and say "waitaminute, I've seen that shape before" and connect the dots.

You're like that kid that I always swear is Haley Joel Osmont in Mercury Rising.

You're like Nic Cage in Knowing.

I get your apprehension, you're the guy who knows when the world is going to end but one ain't exactly proud to be right about a thing like that so you're holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, you're wrong.

Gotta say I commend you and at the same time feel sorry for the fact your brain contains all this information. About 5 more Cuba libres and I'll remember this as just another solitary loss in the morning. Cheers!

Don't be a douche... It's a rum and coke! Lol

WOW!!!! Look how many post there are in this thread after a loss. I wonder how many post there will be after the next win, I guess 10-13?

Meaningful games trigger more discussion. Unfortunately we're losing more meaningful games than we're winning.

• Moderators

Next step : learn how to grind it out with teams that are actually playing defense. When you've been hitting 80 mph fastballs for 2 weeks its hard to step in and hit someone throwing 95. Its no excuse but the Hawks just flat didn't have it going last night. I'm not that worried from just this one game. We've taken one step this season and improved our defense dramatically. We need to take the next step and learn how to play when shots aren't falling.

Ha! Sorry, I spent time in the Dominican over the summer and they used to look at me with devil eyes any time I said rum and coke so it kind of stuck with me.

LOL just messing with you ... it reminds me of the movie Cocktail when Tom Cruise gets pissed off trying to figure out why he isn't into women what a Cuba Libre is and then finally figures it out and says why didn't you just say Rum and Coke.

Looked like we were in good shape to run away early with Josh facilitating and catching backwards alleys. Then Memphis had to reiterate how the games are 48:00 long. Thanks. I can respect a loss to a team with a damn good coach, almost complete center, 20-point gunner (although my opinion of Gay took a hit after seeing his free-throw %, ouch), and All-NBA Defender. On to the next one. Nobody ever won them all. As long as we don't skid because of repeated mistakes in play, and haven't yet, I'll keep my shirt on.

Edited by benhillboy