• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

An Open Letter To Josh Smith

HawkRock1123

• Moderators

I would add: "And if you want to make the All-Star team in the future, stop taking the open jumpers that other teams want you to take. You are this team's interior force and best offensive rebounder, but neither of those can come into play if you are standing unmarked on the perimeter."

• Like 4

Good read. A lot of people here like to criticize Josh at any given chance regardless of what type of season he has had. Like you said, all I could remember Josh doing is a dunk on the offensive end and blocking on the defensive. Josh has grown into one of the best PFs in the league. It has been great to watch him grow.

People on the Hawks forum will hate. It is what it is.

Edited by AHawks89

HAHA!!! Nice response HawkRock and good blog...He does deserve an AllStar nod but I really think the other coaches see him as a very selfish and "cancer" type player...So Josh goes is how the Hawks go and no other team nor coach wants to touch that.

I don't believe that to be true but once you have a rep it is yours...perception or not...

I would love to have seen one more line added..."Josh, Please for the love of Pete, 15' in!!!"

Thanks for the read...

Outside of the fake screens Joe runs through on the first possession each game and Iso plays what calls does Drew actually call. People have to understand Drew positions Josh out onto the elbow. Now early on in the shot clock when he takes long shots is something that is actually no excuse.

Looking at the bulls game, when Joe is injured there is maybe one or two post calls for him. The guards look like they don't even want to pass the ball. At the end of the day, without a vet pg someone like a Rondo or Nash, there is no order to the offense. Again Drew has been calling these same offensive sets for nearly a decade now. It's all predicated on getting Joe room to operate from the top of the key.

• Moderators

Clearly thats why I said what I said..

Yes. Clearly not reading the article led to your criticism of it.

It is as much of a tribute as an actual article but I don't have a problem with that. If I were writing an open letter to Josh it would, however, include a message to play to his strengths and not to give into what the opposition wants him to do.

• Premium Member

Good read. A lot of people here like to criticize Josh at any given chance regardless of what type of season he has had. Like you said, all I could remember Josh doing is a dunk on the offensive end and blocking on the defensive. Josh has grown into one of the best PFs in the league. It has been great to watch him grow.

People on the Hawks forum will hate. It is what it is.

... except he doesn't want to play PF anymore. I don't know what Josh is nowadays.

I'm afraid that since Josh is attempting more shots he might become like an Al Harrington :( and get greedy with his shot selection.

By the way, I'm Back!

I'm afraid that since Josh is attempting more shots he might become like an Al Harrington :( and get greedy with his shot selection.

By the way, I'm Back!

yes but Al can make shots.

Anyway I dont find my toughts in that letter. And ask Smith if he can dunk?