• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State expressing interest in Joe Johnson? (Trade rumors 3/4/12)

Robdawg

Golden State expresses interest in Joe "Average" Johnson

According to league and team sources, the Warriors have had conversations with just about everyone as the March 15 trade deadline approaches: Atlanta: The Warriors think they could get Joe Johnson but feel he's a more expensive and possibly inferior player to Monta Ellis. They'd like Josh Smith, but they haven't found the Hawks willing to part with the forward. Boston: The Warriors don't see any gains from taking on the expiring contracts of Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett and wouldn't do a Rajon Rondo-for-Stephen Curry deal. San Francisco Chronicle

LA wants capt. Kirk

Los Angeles has also been pursuing Kirk Hinrich in recent weeks. The Lakers have been linked to Hinrich in the past and the Atlanta Hawks would move the veteran point guard if the right deal came along. The two teams have had conversations in recent weeks. Hinrich missed the first month of the season after recovering from shoulder surgery, but has been effective since returning. He’s currently backing up Jeff Teague and while his numbers don’t jump off the page, he does a good job managing Atlanta’s offense and he’s still a stellar perimeter defender. This season, Hinrich is averaging 4.9 points and 2.6 assists. HoopsWorld

D-12 to ATL, wishful thinking or something behind the scenes...

Honestly, with the exception of Kirk going to LA I don't see any of this happening right now. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I'd make the Monta Ellis deal in a heartbeat since he's got 2 less years on his contract, he's younger, he's the better scorer at this point, plus he makes 7 million less and that 7 million would also get us an additional decent-quality player or tradeable contract from the Warriors, such as Biedrins or Kwame.

I'm on the fence about moving Hinrich with JJ's knee troubles in addition to Willie's back troubles and now T-Macs knee troubles.

The Howard rumor sounds more like the Magic would be getting Smith and I am NOT okay with that.

I'd make the Monta Ellis deal in a heartbeat since he's got 2 less years on his contract, he's younger, he's the better scorer at this point, plus he makes 7 million less and that 7 million would also get us an additional decent-quality player or tradeable contract from the Warriors, such as Biedrins or Kwame.

I'm on the fence about moving Hinrich with JJ's knee troubles in addition to Willie's back troubles and now T-Macs knee troubles.

The Howard rumor sounds more like the Magic would be getting Smith and I am NOT okay with that.

I'm totally down for a trade that could get us Curry as well. I'm surprised that GS wants to get Joe despite his performance this year.

If the right deal came along, I would trade Kirk. His value (what's left of it) will be gone at the end of this year and we need to at least get a pick and maybe a prospect out of it. The Smith-Howard rumor does sound like smoove going down there so i'm not looking to far into it. Hopefully we can trade Marvin for a bag of chips just like FutureGM stated last week some time as well. friends1.gif

• Like 1

GSW has been rumored to want to trade Ellis for a while now, but this is the first time Joe Johnson has been mentioned. I too would make that deal in a minute since he's younger, cheaper, and has a less onerous contract than Joe Johnson. I know he's a shoot first ask question later kind of guy, and not as big a JJ, or a defender but he's got better numbers just about anytime you look. Time we faced reality.

• Like 1

Trading Joe for Monta is a lost for us if we want to win a title. They would give us tweener heaven with a bunch of low bbiq players. We would need a big PG who could defend SG. Someone with Billups size. To get rid of Joe's contract, it's not a bad thing. It clearly is an upgrade for GS as a team. Curry and Joe is a superior fit to Ellis and Curry.

• Like 1

Mark Jackson must be desperate. GS probably came to their senses when they realized Joe gift wrapped on their doorstep before they even finished the initial phone call.

Says nothing of Monta being involved in the deal either so I don't know why people just jump to the raping other teams conclusion when they see rumors like this. Probably looking at Kwame and Biedrins for Joe, at best David Lee.

Edited by MaceCase

Doing this trade could help us get Dwight Howard. But we need to trade Marvin contract as well.

Kwame and Monta for Joe.

We would have to get rid of both Marvin and Zaza contract.

It makes no sense for GS to trade for Joe.

This is what I think, as far as I know Golden State (basically the city of Oakland) is the LAST major, big-market team with no current success. Now please correct me if i'm wrong but if they do pull this trade off it will create buzz in that city. I mean, Curry and JJ would be a pretty sick combo.

Trading Joe for Monta is a lost for us if we want to win a title. They would give us tweener heaven with a bunch of low bbiq players. We would need a big PG who could defend SG. Someone with Billups size. To get rid of Joe's contract, it's not a bad thing. It clearly is an upgrade for GS as a team. Curry and Joe is a superior fit to Ellis and Curry.

Larry Drew disagrees with you by the way about your incessant low BBIQ comments

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2012/03/03/Milwaukee030212720pmp4-2023242

I didn't read anywhere where it was Joe for Monta. They just want to trade for Joe...maybe to play SF next to Monta.

Well the Warriors have been trying to trade Monta and we're not just going to give Joe away so if it's not Monta it would have to be Curry and that seems less likely for both parties.

• Admin

Well the Warriors have been trying to trade Monta and we're not just going to give Joe away so if it's not Monta it would have to be Curry and that seems less likely for both parties.

It could easily be Beans, Kwame's expiring and Dorell Wright. It works in that they get Joe and his talent and we get money back from Kwame right away, a center who is better then our current backups, Wright who is decent and we get out of JJ's contract.

Personally I am not a fan of the trade but it does work and I can see why ASG would want to do it.

They've been trying to trade ME for a while. His "photo gate" hurt his value but most already forget about it. The Warriors simply have to choose one of Curry or Ellis. It's pretty much understood.

A Joe and Curry backcourt is a pretty interesting one. We'll be the one helping them out to boot taking on Biedrins. Keep in mind they'll only have 11 months to trade him (Feb. 23, 2013) because most believe he'll opt out July of 2013.

It could easily be Beans, Kwame's expiring and Dorell Wright. It works in that they get Joe and his talent and we get money back from Kwame right away, a center who is better then our current backups, Wright who is decent and we get out of JJ's contract.

Personally I am not a fan of the trade but it does work and I can see why ASG would want to do it.

It could work like that but it's not likely, unless they're including at least 1 and probably two 1st round draft picks. The Hawks are pretty unlikely to give up their best player without getting a very good player in return.

lol, you gotta be retarded to want to trade Joe for Beans, Durell W. and Kwame. Kill yourself please. Beans is not better than Zaza at all.

Again, I wonder if people understand contracts. And I wonder how in the world people still think Joe has any positive trade value.

You may not feel this way but Joe can absolutely help a team win and yes he does still have trade value. Sure he's overpaid and we're not going to get a better player with no issues or question marks in return but that doesn't mean we can't or wouldn't get someone of value.

lol, you gotta be retarded to want to trade Joe for Beans, Durell W. and Kwame. Kill yourself please. Beans is not better than Zaza at all.

You really need to calm down as that kill yourself statement is highly uncalled for and inappropriate.