• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With josh playing like this

arhawkfan

The main thing Joe has to do is defer more often to other players early in the shotclock. He has to realize that the game is easier when you move the ball and not try to do everything on your own. He has to realize that when guys like Pargo and Josh is on fire, maybe it's better to give the ball to them and let them do work.

• Premium Member

Joe's problem is not deferring, it's not being agressive sometimes and too much dribbling.

I agree totally with this. Joe defers too much and frankly he needs to be more aggressive and drive to the hoop more.

• Premium Member

I think it's that we are in that perfect gelling mode. I wouldn't take this through the microscope of the playoffs.. but right now, with so many injuries, LD is forced to play guys and we have guys who can step up.

I've been praising Pargo and Zaza all year long. I don't think Mean Willie Green is bad at all. However, I wouldn't have a continued believe that Hinrich > Joe. Joe can do what Hinrich does and he's just better. The key is that when we play, Josh has to play like he has shown he can. Inside and in control. IF he does that, we're the most dangerous team in the game.

I think it's that we are in that perfect gelling mode. I wouldn't take this through the microscope of the playoffs.. but right now, with so many injuries, LD is forced to play guys and we have guys who can step up.

I've been praising Pargo and Zaza all year long. I don't think Mean Willie Green is bad at all. However, I wouldn't have a continued believe that Hinrich > Joe. Joe can do what Hinrich does and he's just better. The key is that when we play, Josh has to play like he has shown he can. Inside and in control. IF he does that, we're the most dangerous team in the game.

Josh is at the level as he was in the Chicago playoff series. When the guy is focused he is awesome. That is what he is. He cannot trade him because he is the heartbeat of this team. We and Dwight together would be awesome, with Teague I believe can bring a championship. We have a top-notch bench, a Dwight away from elitist status.

Edited by Swatguy

When we play together and get contributions from everyone, we are hard to beat. But the thing is, when it comes to consistency, history is not on our side. We look like ECF material one game, then get blown out the next game by some scrub team. We arent anywhere close to being a championship team, but we could be on our way. Josh playing and staying in the post might be the most important thing.

The more guys we lose, the better he plays. I'm starting to wonder if its all a chemistry thing. Not sure how much we have really missed Al and Joe has not been missed in the recent games he's been out, except maybe the Knicks game. (Not sure we would have won that one with him.)

Is this just the classic problem of only having one basketball?

There is no reason for Josh not to bring the same kind of intensity, focus and energy when Joe is back. All Josh needs to do is stick to what he has been doing the last 3 games - play in the post, rebound and defend.