• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I got the feeling that Sund will make trades

Swatguy

wants out. I have no evidence but just a hunch. I see a house-cleaning coming with a sale to follow. ASG wants out and the price will be low. Amnesting Joe makes it easier for new owners to pick up the tab with the value down. Funny, Teague and Zaza may be the only ones back next year.

• Premium Member

Amnestying Joe will not mean that they don't have to pay him. They would hope that Joe goes out and finds a better contract. But worst case scenerio... Joe is amnestied and takes a cheap contract to play for OKC or LAC.

That would mean that owners would have to pay most of what they owe Joe.

More than likely, they hold Joe until they can get assured team that will bid on Joe.

Applying the amnesty to Joe is a terrible idea in my opinion.

I don't see the Hawks "cleaning house" this year.

Even though it is mostly doom and gloom on this board this team isn't that bad. They are 6th in the conference with Hofrord out and Joe playing limited games at the moment.

• Premium Member

I agree...there is no logical reason to Amnesty Joe. He won't count against the cap but we are not going to spend on someone else if we are still paying his contract.

Can we pin this to the top of the board? Frame it or something.....

Talking about Joe's contract at this point is meaningless.

Amnestying Joe will not mean that they don't have to pay him. They would hope that Joe goes out and finds a better contract. But worst case scenerio... Joe is amnestied and takes a cheap contract to play for OKC or LAC.

That would mean that owners would have to pay most of what they owe Joe.

More than likely, they hold Joe until they can get assured team that will bid on Joe.

Joe would have to pass waivers to pick and choose a team. If more than one bid for Joe it is up for bids. I believe some team will pay Joe for 10 Mil. or more or year. Atlanta would then pay the balance. Joe's money comes off the books(cap). A new owner paying the extra 10 million rolled into the deal, seamlessly. Joe ain't the guy no one wants, teams will bid for him.

I agree...there is no logical reason to Amnesty Joe. He won't count against the cap but we are not going to spend on someone else if we are still paying his contract.

Its big business, you got to give to get.

Sund is not amestying Joe.

Joe would have to pass waivers to pick and choose a team. If more than one bid for Joe it is up for bids. I believe some team will pay Joe for 10 Mil. or more or year. Atlanta would then pay the balance. Joe's money comes off the books(cap). A new owner paying the extra 10 million rolled into the deal, seamlessly. Joe ain't the guy no one wants, teams will bid for him.

Its big business, you got to give to get.

It would be 10 mil per year for 4 more years ... that's still 40 million dollars he'd be paying to watch Joe play somewhere else. I don't care who the owner is, not even Paul Allen would be ok with that.

It would be 10 mil per year for 4 more years ... that's still 40 million dollars he'd be paying to watch Joe play somewhere else. I don't care who the owner is, not even Paul Allen would be ok with that.

If that 10 million frees up cap to get the personnel which fills up Philips, contends to a championship, brings in additional revenues never seen before (merchandise, sponserships and such), that 10 million is seed money not a hinderence.

If that 10 million frees up cap to get the personnel which fills up Philips, contends to a championship, brings in additional revenues never seen before (merchandise, sponserships and such), that 10 million is seed money not a hinderence.

That's 10 million PER YEAR and unless they hit an absolutely home run with personnel and marketing decisions there is no way they're going to make that up every year for 4 straight years. I mean we're talking about an ownership group who are freaking out over paying the luxury tax, surely you can't believe that they're going to pay Joe 40 million to play for someone else, right?

That's 10 million PER YEAR and unless they hit an absolutely home run with personnel and marketing decisions there is no way they're going to make that up every year for 4 straight years. I mean we're talking about an ownership group who are freaking out over paying the luxury tax, surely you can't believe that they're going to pay Joe 40 million to play for someone else, right?

I believe the team is for sale. You're not paying attention. I'm not talking about this ownership.

I started a thread on this already. Just amnestying Joe does not get you enough to fill up Phillips. Other moves are required. Josh, Al, Marvin, Zaza, Teague are owed 41 million at this point next year. There would be 7 empty slots for a 3.5 million cap hold. However, 2 players have about 2 million in options next year so the cap number is another 1 million higher (difference between minimum cap hold). There are another 1.4 million in cap holds for 4 players that are now out of the league. You will have a number 1 draft pick at about 1.7 million in there (difference of 1.2 million when he takes a slot). Before we even start next year we are about 48 million plus unsigned cap holds.....(our players we haven't resigned who have a higher cap hold.) Look here....http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/hawks.jsp scroll to the middle of the page.

Edited by thecampster

It is for sale, why would it be fantasy? Does you being mod make your ish make sense?

Because they're tried selling the team, it didn't happen, and it's not likely to happen anytime soon.

What does being mod (and sorry but since you want to get sarcastic but I have to correct you, I'm the webmaster, not a mod) have to do anything?