• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Atlanta to bail out NY Knicks?

Diesel

Okay looking past that this is Bleacher Report, did you miss the part where NY wants to improve their defense? How does adding a 2nd PF and taking away their C help with that?

Don't get me wrong I'd trade Smith for Chandler all day but that leaves them either playing Amare or Smith out of position at C and Jerome Jordan as their only legit C on the roster.

Okay looking past that this is Bleacher Report, did you miss the part where NY wants to improve their defense? How does adding a 2nd PF and taking away their C help with that?

Don't get me wrong I'd trade Smith for Chandler all day but that leaves them either playing Amare or Smith out of position at C and Jerome Jordan as their only legit C on the roster.

I would take Melo all day. Sorry but his talent on our team would be exciting. I know everyone says Melo is the problem but I never heard anyone claim playing with Amare is a whole lot of fun. Could be a simple clash between two very large egos.

I would take Melo all day. Sorry but his talent on our team would be exciting. I know everyone says Melo is the problem but I never heard anyone claim playing with Amare is a whole lot of fun. Could be a simple clash between two very large egos.

I'd take Melo all day as well, but I'm a seriously biased 'Cuse fan. Our defense would definitely take a hit but we'd have 2 of the top 5 most well rounded scorers in the league as far as ability to score from anywhere on the court. That's not just opinion, that was backed up by some real science in an article posted not long ago. It would also give us 2 devastating closers and you couldn't double either of them, plus it wouldn't immediately send Zaza back to the bench where he might sulk and have his play drop off.

• Like 1

I'd take Melo all day as well, but I'm a seriously biased 'Cuse fan. Our defense would definitely take a hit but we'd have 2 of the top 5 most well rounded scorers in the league as far as ability to score from anywhere on the court. That's not just opinion, that was backed up by some real science in an article posted not long ago. It would also give us 2 devastating closers and you couldn't double either of them, plus it wouldn't immediately send Zaza back to the bench where he might sulk and have his play drop off.

Either Amare or Melo is dream value to me for Smith who wants out; and I share your opinion on Chandler, I do not think he is a player they want to move.

1. Melo is a cancer! No team will ever be a contender with this malcontent.

Sorry but that's such BS. This guy single handedly carried Syracuse to a National Title as a Freshman and his teammates loved him. By most accounts they loved him in Denver and didn't want to trade him. Now he's playing on a team where the whole point is to shoot as much as possible and they've got too many cooks in the kitchen.

Either Amare or Melo is dream value to me for Smith who wants out; and I share your opinion on Chandler, I do not think he is a player they want to move.

I'm not trading for Amare unless they give us something more as he's seemingly on the downward slope of his career. I didn't realize it but he's looking like Joe out there this year with his scoring down 8 full points from last year and he's never been a stellar defender, plus we don't have the right type of PG to get the most out of him either.

1. Melo is a cancer! No team will ever be a contender with this malcontent.

We are not a contender now and if the move with him failed, it would give us a top 5 scorer to trade. If nothing else Melo scores and draws fans man. He could be traded a lot easier than Josh if he turned into a cancer as you suggest...

Personally I think JJs quiet ego is a good match. I don't think JJ would have any problems having respect for Melo's offensive game like the way he seems to with Smoove now.

Edited by Buzzard

Melo is a halfcourt player that requires a lot of shots playing on a roster and system built on being uptempo and free flowing so no s*** they are struggling but guess what type of team the Hawks have? He fits right into the makeup of this city and team and is signed long term. May be a lil dicey this year starting Ivan or Vlad at the 4 but come next year you're talking about a roster of Teague, Joe, Melo, Horf, Zaza......not bad at all.

Melo is a halfcourt player that requires a lot of shots playing on a roster and system built on being uptempo and free flowing so no s*** they are struggling but guess what type of team the Hawks have? He fits right into the makeup of this city and team and is signed long term. May be a lil dicey this year starting Ivan or Vlad at the 4 but come next year you're talking about a roster of Teague, Joe, Melo, Horf, Zaza......not bad at all.

He's the perfect guy to make up for the slack of Joe's abilities sliding downwards. You move Smoove for him and then make the other move to get Kaman or find another PF using Marvin or Hinrich and call it a day.

• Admin

They would like Smoove...

This is just talk and it is BR... but if they came asking for Smoove, what would we want?

I say Tyson. Some say Amare. I would take Tyson.

Let the battle begin....

Chandler/PF/SF/Joe/Jeff.

Defensively, we would be impressive next year.

Your title is misleading

It is not a rumor at all...it is what the writer is saying the Knicks should do

I'll take Melo off their hands for Marvin and maybe Smith.

They aren't trading Chandler.

• Premium Member

Your title is misleading

It is not a rumor at all...it is what the writer is saying the Knicks should do

Yeah, I was thrown off by that big title at the top of the page that said: NBA TRADE RUMORS.

Both offer us strong needs. Smith gives them another defensive presence who doesn't need touches which give Lin the chance to ball dominate. Melo gives us a #1 option and a legit offensive player to build around.

I just want us to have a discussion on it with fellow members. Don't move this Dolfan, this is just a discussion thread, not a trade thread.

Both offer us strong needs. Smith gives them another defensive presence who doesn't need touches which give Lin the chance to ball dominate. Melo gives us a #1 option and a legit offensive player to build around.

I just want us to have a discussion on it with fellow members. Don't move this Dolfan, this is just a discussion thread, not a trade thread.

There's no need for an entirely new topic to be created for a discussion that is already ongoing in the main forum so I've merged your topic with the existing one.

The thing is Melo and Lin don't fit.

The thing is Melo and Amare don't fit.

The thing is Melo and Tyson don't fit.

The thing is Tyson and Lin fit.

The thing is Amare and Lin fit.

The thing is Amare and Tyson fit.

See the issue?