Hawks at Nuggets

benhillboy

We are still playing to our MO. 48% from the 3pt line...14/29 is off the charts. But we gave them a game which is a lot more than I honestly expected.

They may have blew it in the end but JJ, Smoove, Hinrich played almost above their heads tonight. Kirk look like the Kirk of five or six years ago.....

Am I being a homer or would have some other guys got the call that JJ didn't get at the rim

You don't get that call in overtime or at the end of games hardly ever. Officials, read the NBA, do not like games being decided at the ft line.

We are still playing to our MO. 48% from the 3pt line...14/29 is off the charts. But we gave them a game which is a lot more than I honestly expected.

They may have blew it in the end but JJ, Smoove, Hinrich played almost above their heads tonight. Kirk look like the Kirk of five or six years ago.....

You don't get that call in overtime or at the end of games hardly ever. Officials, read the NBA, do not like games being decided at the ft line.

If you look at the replay of his airball he was fouled on that shot and it looked like it might have hit the rim

If you look at the replay of his airball he was fouled on that shot and it looked like it might have hit the rim

Not saying it was not a foul. But in someone else's home, you have to be damn near knocked down to get a call in overtime.

Joe f***ing Johnson. Eat that s*** and love it all you Joe haters.

I always step up and address the comments to "Joe Haters" since I guess you're referring to me, So. He was balling for he most part, I'll give him that. I won't blame him or any single player for the loss because I believe in team concepts, but please don't beat your chest for him. His heavy jump-shooting only left him with 2 free throw attempts despite everyone guarding him being considerably undersized, 2 rebounds, and more turnovers than steals and assists combined is nothing to be proud of. He still wasn't our best player tonight. Josh shot well over 50%, with 13 rebounds, seven assists, and only 1 turnover. Any player as big as Joe who consistently shoots way more threes than free throws is fundamentally flawed. The true goats are Teague and Zaza, though. 15 points combined in 45 minutes won't get anything done. Hinrich had his best effort this year, so I'll give him a pass on the pressure-cooker free throw miss.

Edited by benhillboy

There were a lot of bad things that went wrong: Joe Johnson ISO plays under 2 minutes that failed, which Josh saved his mistakes with a nice post move. Then after those mistakes, Kirk missed the last FT to win the game. Now into the OT, Josh fouls out (Oh noes!!), and Joe redeemed himself with some clutch shots, but Pargo with the butter fingers to turn the ball over. After that, Kirk with a nice find to Zaza with an easy lay up/dunk, but misses the easy attempt. A lot of bad things happened. :/

The biggest thing that I hated the most and think caused the game was the ISO Joe in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter; which would had prevented the Kirk missed FT's, the OT, and the rest of the garbage.

Edited by AHawks89

On a side note.....With the way Hinrich is starting to gel with our team, I am not liking the idea of moving him anymore. Marvin I would not be all that shaken up over but Hinrich is fast becoming a really solid starter with JJ playing SF.

On a side note.....With the way Hinrich is starting to gel with our team, I am not liking the idea of moving him anymore. Marvin I would not be all that shaken up over but Hinrich is fast becoming a really solid starter with JJ playing SF.

Dude missed a free throw that could have won the game. He doesn't even deserve to play anymore.

When Joe and Josh have the games they had and they still can't beat the no namers that Denver throws out... You know it's over. End this "core" please. Do something right AS. Have a fire sale.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Dude missed a free throw that could have won the game. He doesn't even deserve to play anymore.

When Joe and Josh have the games they had and they still can't beat the no namers that Denver throws out... You know it's over.

I bet he is hating that more than you right now. Guess you would have benched the mailman to, when he blew the Bulls series back in the day. Pippen telling him the mail is not delivered on Sunday at the free throw line....lmao

Not saying he is to valuable to trade, but if it is just to get another borderline starter I like Hinrichs D just fine.

Edited by Buzzard

I bet he is hating that more than you right now. Guess you would have benched the mailman to, when he blew the Bulls series back in the day. Pippen telling him mailmen do not deliver on Sunday at the free throw line....lmao

What does he care? He still collects that big check.... As if he cares he missed or not.

Malone was one of the greatest players ever. Kirk is a sub 40% shooting 5PPG washed up combo guard.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I always step up and address the comments to "Joe Haters" since I guess you're referring to me, So. He was balling for he most part, I'll give him that. I won't blame him or any single player for the loss because I believe in team concepts, but please don't beat your chest for him. His heavy jump-shooting only left him with 2 free throw attempts despite everyone guarding him being considerably undersized, 2 rebounds, and more turnovers than steals and assists combined is nothing to be proud of. He still wasn't our best player tonight. Josh shot well over 50%, with 13 rebounds, seven assists, and only 1 turnover. Any player as big as Joe who consistently shoots way more threes than free throws is fundamentally flawed. The true goats are Teague and Zaza, though. 15 points combined in 45 minutes won't get anything done. Hinrich had his best effort this year, so I'll give him a pass on the pressure-cooker free throw miss.

What basketball logic are you using? Can't ride with you on this one. Joe played a hell of a game tonight. Fundamentally flawed???? LOL

Edited by willthepureshooter

Per Michael Cunningham JJ said not to blame Zaza or Kirk. Look at stat sheet I had 5 turnovers...not throwing them under the bus

I am sure right now every player on our team is sick about this loss. ZaZa, JJ, Hinrch, Teague and Smoove just for starters...

When Joe and Josh have the games they had and they still can't beat the no namers that Denver throws out... You know it's over. End this "core" please. Do something right AS. Have a fire sale.

Are you pretending the Nuggets suck or something,I guess the Heat should blow it up since they loss to them too