• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks at Nuggets

benhillboy

Dude missed a free throw that could have won the game. He doesn't even deserve to play anymore.

When Joe and Josh have the games they had and they still can't beat the no namers that Denver throws out... You know it's over. End this "core" please. Do something right AS. Have a fire sale.

Thats pathetic. Plain and Simple. KIRK PLAYED GREAT TONIGHT. If u want to put in on anyone put it on Pargo, not Kirk. But you shouldnt even do that. TEAM LOSS Plain and Simple.

The team played great tonight. After the game you have your superstar player sticking up for his teammate (something im not sure he has ever done).. Joe Johnson: "Don't put this on Zaza miss layup or Kirk miss FT. I look at stat sheet, I had 5 turnovers, prob 3 at crucial time."

ANd yeah Kirk does feel awful.. Kirk Hinrich: "It's tough. I had a chance to win it. I made the hard 1, the first 1. I'm very disappointed." #Hawks

AND the Nuggets are a great team btw.. Incase you didnt know.

This is a game that we will only get better from. When you have teammates sticking up for each other like this it says alot about the team.

Edited by hawkrule152
  • Like 1

Are you pretending the Nuggets suck or something,I guess the Heat should blow it up since they loss to them too

They have a bunch of no namers. C'mon that count on Al Harrington for meaningful production. That should tell you something. You know, the guy that has been passed around the entire league.

The hawks also lost to Detroit.... They lost to Miami's bench. They lost to NY. Golden State.

This core should be broken up because they've accomplished nothing of importance together.

Thats pathetic. Plain and Simple. KIRK PLAYED GREAT TONIGHT. If u want to put in on anyone put it on Pargo, not Kirk. But you shouldnt even do that. TEAM LOSS Plain and Simple.

The team played great tonight. After the game you have your superstar player sticking up for his teammate (something im not sure he has ever done).. Joe Johnson: "Don't put this on Zaza miss layup or Kirk miss FT. I look at stat sheet, I had 5 turnovers, prob 3 at crucial time."

ANd yeah Kirk does feel awful.. Kirk Hinrich: "It's tough. I had a chance to win it. I made the hard 1, the first 1. I'm very disappointed." #Hawks

AND the Nuggets are a great team btw.. Incase you didnt know.

This is a game that we will only get better from. When you have teammates sticking up for each other like this it says alot about the team.

He missed a FREE THROW.

• Like 1

They have a bunch of no namers. C'mon that count on Al Harrington for meaningful production. That should tell you something. You know, the guy that has been passed around the entire league.

The hawks also lost to Detroit.... They lost to Miami's bench. They lost to NY. Golden State.

This core should be broken up because they've accomplished nothing of importance together.

He missed a FREE THROW.

You apparently haven't seen to many nuggets games to be disrespecting them like that

He missed a FREE THROW.

EVERYBODY MISSED FREETHROWS..

ANY BTW.. DO U EVEN NO ANYTHING ABOUT HARRINGTON THIS SEASON.. HES AVERAGING 14.6 PPg AND 7 BOARDS. He has these types of games all the time.

Never ceases to amaze me of the stupidity that some people throw out on this board without even thinking.

Edited by hawkrule152

• Premium Member

I always step up and address the comments to "Joe Haters" since I guess you're referring to me, So. He was balling for he most part, I'll give him that. I won't blame him or any single player for the loss because I believe in team concepts, but please don't beat your chest for him. His heavy jump-shooting only left him with 2 free throw attempts despite everyone guarding him being considerably undersized, 2 rebounds, and more turnovers than steals and assists combined is nothing to be proud of. He still wasn't our best player tonight. Josh shot well over 50%, with 13 rebounds, seven assists, and only 1 turnover. Any player as big as Joe who consistently shoots way more threes than free throws is fundamentally flawed. The true goats are Teague and Zaza, though. 15 points combined in 45 minutes won't get anything done. Hinrich had his best effort this year, so I'll give him a pass on the pressure-cooker free throw miss.

Sucker please you are one of those guys who never gives Joe any credit. Look at that garbage being spewed in that post. Did you watch the game? There wouldn't have been an OT or a close loss if Joe didn't come out and play like a man tonight. He got fouled near the rim at the end there that should have been called and we would have had our closer win it instead of depending on others who didn't get the job done. Joe had 34 points on fifty percent shooting and six threes. Guess you missed that part.

EVERYBODY MISSED FREETHROWS..

ANY BTW.. DO U EVEN NO ANYTHING ABOUT HARRINGTON THIS SEASON.. HES AVERAGING 14.6 PPg AND 7 BOARDS. He has these types of games all the time.

Never ceases to amaze me of the stupidity that some people throw out on this board without even thinking.

There is a reason Harrington has played for nearly every team in the league.

Yeah, we know the Hawks choke and miss free throws. They do it all the time. Cause the players don't care.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

What basketball logic are you using? Can't ride with you on this one. Joe played a hell of a game tonight. Fundamentally flawed???? LOL

See quote "he balled for the most part". 240 pound veterans who shoot 10 threes to 2 free throws against smaller defenders over 41 minutes is exactly what I said, a fundamental lack of intelligence on how to attack. You'll realize it as you get older, son.

Sucker please you are one of those guys who never gives Joe any credit. Look at that garbage being spewed in that post. Did you watch the game? There wouldn't have been an OT or a close loss if Joe didn't come out and play like a man tonight. He got fouled near the rim at the end there that should have been called and we would have had our closer win it instead of depending on others who didn't get the job done. Joe had 34 points on fifty percent shooting and six threes. Guess you missed that part.

There wouldn't have been an OT if you hadn't JINXED the Hawks with that post, that's all I'm sayin!

Hinrich stat line - 22 pts, 4 ast, 1stl, 1to, 1 foul. 7-8 field goals, 3-4 3 pointers, 5-6 foul shots

He missed a 3 and a foul shot in 41 minutes of play and had a single turnover. Man, that guy sucks! I am glad his contract expires this season. I can't imagine where we would be if he played crappy like that every game.

There is a reason Harrington has played for nearly every team in the league.

Yeah, we know the Hawks choke and miss free throws. They do it all the time. Cause the players don't care.

He has actually only been on 5 teams. in 13 seasons in the NBA.. Just saying, ALOT of NBA players do this. You dont know much about the Hawks im guessing. And how can you say the players dont care, when you have a center in Zaza who loves nothing more than the city of Atlanta and the Hawks. He feels horrible and so does Kirk. But you have YOUR SUPERSTAR PLAYER STICKING UP FOR THEM AND TAKING THE BLAME FOR THIS LOSS. I GUESS THATS SHOWING THAT THESE PLAYERS DONT CARE.

Edited by hawkrule152

See quote "he balled for the most part". 240 pound veterans who shoot 10 threes to 2 free throws against smaller defenders over 41 minutes is exactly what I said, a fundamental lack of intelligence on how to attack. You'll realize it as you get older, son.

You realize that 3's count for 3 points and FT's count for 1, right? Joe accounted for 18 points on 60% shooting from 3pt land and you want to complain about that?

• Like 1

Hinrich stat line - 22 pts, 4 ast, 1stl, 1to, 1 foul. 7-8 field goals, 3-4 3 pointers, 5-6 foul shots

He missed a 3 and a foul shot in 41 minutes of play and had a single turnover. Man, that guy sucks! I am glad his contract expires this season. I can't imagine where we would be if he played crappy like that every game.

5.5PPG 37%FG 2.5APG

• Premium Member

There wouldn't have been an OT if you hadn't JINXED the Hawks with that post, that's all I'm sayin!

Heh you probably are right. Typical Hawks that two amazing games from Joe and Josh are going to be forgotten because of bonehead plays out of Pargo, Kirk and Zaza.

Who on their team has ever been the go-to guy on a winning team?

Thats whats great about this team. They know how to PLAY AS A TEAM and spread the ball around. They have a guy who can score at every position on the floor. There an all around well put together team. But incase you havent noticed, Gallinari can be that go-to guy as he was tonight.

Heh you probably are right. Typical Hawks that two amazing games from Joe and Josh are going to be forgotten because of bonehead plays out of Pargo, Kirk and Zaza and numerous bonehead plays by Joe to cast a little shadow on his otherwise excellent game.

Fixed.

I think that it's fair to criticize Joe for those awful TO's, especially when he comes out and takes the blame for the loss and blames it on those TO's.

5.5PPG 37%FG 2.5APG

What does that have to do with the 1 foul shot he missed in this game? Should I quote stats from him 5 years ago?? You know he is our backup point guard, right? You know he missed training camp and over a month of the regular season games in a greatly condensed season, right? No one is claiming the guy is an all-star, but he did have a really good game tonight.

But that's fine, keep being negative. To each their own.

Thats whats great about this team. They know how to PLAY AS A TEAM and spread the ball around. They have a guy who can score at every position on the floor. There an all around well put together team. But incase you havent noticed, Gallinari can be that go-to guy as he was tonight.

They'll fail to win anything that matters. Just like this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981