• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund says we need to get healthy, no mandate to cut salary

Admin

Michael Cunningham: Asked about #Hawks needs, GM Rick Sund says: "What this team needs is for everybody to be healthy." 1 minute ago

Michael Cunningham: #Hawks GM Rick Sund says he's not under mandate to shed salary at trade deadline to avoid year-end tax bill. 2 minutes ago

Michael Cunningham: .@Al Horford's injury complicates #Hawks plans. Sund: "We knew he'd miss pretty much the season. We will wait and see." 2 minutes ago

Michael Cunningham: Asked about #Hawks needs, GM Rick Sund says: "What this team needs is for everybody to be healthy." 1 minute ago

Michael Cunningham: #Hawks GM Rick Sund says he's not under mandate to shed salary at trade deadline to avoid year-end tax bill. 2 minutes ago

We need talent. Too bad ownership doesn't agree.

We know what their plan is... They're plan is to sit on their hands and wait until this team falls out of the playoff picture and then the firesale happens.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Paraphrase what he is saying this is what you get:

If we can get healthy I like our chances of getting to the 2nd round again. That is so long as we do not face Philly, Miami, or Chicago in the 1st round. Snoooze.....Hawks basketball, as a fan you really have to love it to remain a fan

Translation:

We are not doing squat - Kirk will expire next year and we will not resign him so we lose him for nothing - then they will throw us the line about WLOC (we love our core) and that if we had Al we would have had a better showing in the playoffs.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Maybe in the off season we trade Smoove for Melo

If we could find a team to do a three team trade, we should trade Marvin or Zaza and Hinrich for Kaman.

Michael Cunningham: .@Al Horford's injury complicates #Hawks plans. Sund: "We knew he'd miss pretty much the season. We will wait and see." 2 minutes ago

I said it before and I'll say it again (ala Ferris Bueller): The worst part about Al's injury is the excuse it bought Gearon. His inevitable, end-of-year soundbite: "I think our core responded well without Al - and deserve another chance to see what they can do with him."

Fantastic.

Translation:

We are not doing squat - Kirk will expire next year and we will not resign him so we lose him for nothing - then they will throw us the line about WLOC (we love our core) and that if we had Al we would have had a better showing in the playoffs.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

• Like 1

Maybe they just didn't find a good trade for anyone on the team.

It was what I expected. If Horford never got injured, we would-be at the #3 seed in the East. We're actually playing pretty good without him. Let's wait to next season to make major changes. Perfect decision for the most part.

Even with Horford, the 76ers have caught us, some say pass. We keep waiting around who will be next? The Bucks with or without Bogut ( they will get good value for him if traded), The Pacers who may be just one trade away?

Then you have the teams that Deron, Howard, and Nash go to. All three of them end up in the east its going to be a b*tch. So yes lets just keep waiting on our core to be 100% healthy like last year when we got beat in the 2nd round...

Don't forget that they can shed the cheap label by pointing out that they paid the luxury tax. Nevermind that it will likely go down as the smallest amount paid in the history of the league.

Yeah, but the difference between paying $100k in luxury tax and getting $1 million+ from the luxury tax franchises is noticeable. If they're gonna be cheap anyway, at least cut enough salary to get some money from the other teams.

Yeah, but the difference between paying $100k in luxury tax and getting $1 million+ from the luxury tax franchises is noticeable. If they're gonna be cheap anyway, at least cut enough salary to get some money from the other teams.

Who would you cut?

Translation:

I tend to agree JBH...remember...

First rule....do not believe what politicians, sports franchise owners, or used car salesmen tell you.

If you HAVE to believe one - believe the used car salesman....they are at least selling you a hunk of metal...and you will get SOMETHING.

I said it before and I'll say it again (ala Ferris Bueller): The worst part about Al's injury is the excuse it bought Gearon. His inevitable, end-of-year soundbite: "I think our core responded well without Al - and deserve another chance to see what they can do with him."

Fantastic.

My bad - didn't even have to wait 'til the end of the season. From Sund: “We’ve been happy with the way the season has progressed [considering] injuries. We’ve had more injuries already than we had all last year."