• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trading Josh During Draft?

JericoAtl

I'm kinda new here, but I was thinking we could trade josh for a high draft pick depending on how far we go in the playoffs? How high a pick do you think we could get?

That's a good question. I've got one for you. Who in the draft do you think we could get that would give us 25 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks on 50% shooting? Because that's what the guy you want to trade has averaged this month.

That's a good question. I've got one for you. Who in the draft do you think we could get that would give us 25 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks on 50% shooting? Because that's what the guy you want to trade has averaged this month.

I got a question for you. What are you going to do when those nimbers walk out of town and we get nothing back.

• Like 3

I got a question for you. What are you going to do when those nimbers walk out of town and we get nothing back.

Or better yet why has Josh made it known through multiple sources that he is very open to being traded? If we get a high draft pick in this draft for him, you do that in a heartbeat rather than see him walk away for nothing or be forced into a worse trade at the deadline. People need to stop acting as if the idea of trading Josh is coming from some personal "hate." Josh is playing very well, the best in his career now, but he simply doesn't like being here in Atlanta for whatever reason. It's probably the lack of "love" that hurt his feelings.

• Like 1

Guest Walter

I'd be willing to trade JS to NJ for both their picks currently at 4 and 9 and NO's 2 picks currently at 3 and 14, possibly sending our pick depending. Of the two I only see New Jersey offering enough. NJ does it because it may be enough to keep Deron AND it recruits Howard for the following year. NO's would seem more likely to rebuild from scratch with the picks.

I'd be willing...to anyone who has a #2 pick or better.

I like Utah's 2 later lottery picks currently but we'd need a player also and I don't see why Utah would want another under-sized Pf.

If I am trading JS for a draft pick primarily, I am also trading JJ who IMO is simply to old to retool, much less rebuild with.

W

Edited by Walter

lol...the media and this city would kill the ownership if a decision like that was made....IMO they would deserve it.

And why is everyone so fixated on trading one of the best players on the team??? Its kind of ridiculous.

One of the best players on the team?

He's one of the best players in the LEAGUE. Josh has been balling lately. He is putting up phenomenal stats and is playing some of the best basketball of any player. Not only is he scoring, his defense is great, he is dishing assits and he's accomplished a lot of this without his complementary player Joe/Al.

• Like 3

One of the best players on the team?

He's one of the best players in the LEAGUE. Josh has been balling lately. He is putting up phenomenal stats and is playing some of the best basketball of any player. Not only is he scoring, his defense is great, he is dishing assits and he's accomplished a lot of this without his complementary player Joe/Al.

His help defense is great. His post defense seems very weak to me, don't you think ?

• Like 1

That's true, but that's also because joe has missed time and when Al come back he wont havebthose numbers. I agree he's the best playerbon thos team but I think we should trade him during draft day because we wont go far in the plqyoffs.

That's true, but that's also because joe has missed time and when Al come back he wont havebthose numbers. I agree he's the best playerbon thos team but I think we should trade him during draft day because we wont go far in the plqyoffs.

Welcome back to a perpetual spot in the lottery then.

Guest Walter

Another option would be to trade JS (or whomever) as part of a sign and trade for a RFA.

Consider, we trade JS and our 1st to Indiana for a resigned Hibbert (max) and Paul George. Indy only does this if Hibbert is offered the max elsewhere, they do not want to pay it, and they feel they get more value out of JS than whatever another team is offering.

Lineup

Hibbert/ZaZa

Horford/Ivan

George/MW

JJ/Green

Teague/?

Another option would be to trade JS (or whomever) as part of a sign and trade for a RFA.

Consider, we trade JS and our 1st to Indiana for a resigned Hibbert (max) and Paul George. Indy only does this if Hibbert is offered the max elsewhere, they do not want to pay it, and they feel they get more value out of JS than whatever another team is offering.

Lineup

Hibbert/ZaZa

Horford/Ivan

George/MW

JJ/Green

Teague/?

Hibbert? Max? I would rather just keep Smith. JJ/Hibbert with maximum contracts would equal the worst contract combination in the history of sports (competing with Eddie Jones and Brian Grant with Miami).

You don't tat a hawk beak on your arm for show. I'm pretty sure he's trying to find a team that's going for a championship and didn't sign a guy long term that wants his position.

With that, Jersey traded their top 3 protected pick for Wallace. This draft is deep but no star player has shown himself like a Durant or Oden did in the tourney.

• Like 1

Josh the curse of being an Atlanta native. People are going to expect him to stay in Atlanta his entire career even if the team has owners like the ASG who don't give a s*** about championships. It's a burden for Josh and he shouldn't be expected to stay on this team if he doesn't want to especially since the ASG have trash in their decision making department. I would not blame Josh one bit if he wants to be traded, the owners don't care about the players or the fans. Josh seems like a guy who wants to win a championship before he dies.

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1

The only guy I trade Smoove or Al for in this draft is Davis. The rest can go kick rocks. Drummond might be Kwame 2.0, hopefully not for the sake of the NBA big man.

Smith is a bonafide scorer in the league. He has finally found his niche. Not a 26 ppg and 9 player but given a vet like Andre Miller to play with, conserative numbers for next season are 21 and 9. You get the 4 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2+ blocks already built in.

• Like 1

Not really. We could get a lottery pick and a good young player. Beasley and a pick from Minny. Call me crazy but this team is doomed to 2nd round exits if nothing changes.

Not saying Josh is the only player we need and/or should move. Quite possibly this whole team needs to be blown up over the course of the next year or two. Just bugs the hell out me when anyone thinks we have someone so good on a team so frigging average that we cannot trade them. We need a small to large rebuild. We suck dude and we is a key word here as we is team and Josh is a part of this suck *ss playoff team.

A pretty good definition of insanity: keep doing the same thing over and over even though it does not work. That is a solid definition for futility and this team in the playoffs as well...

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Josh the curse of being an Atlanta native. People are going to expect him to stay in Atlanta his entire career even if the team has owners like the ASG who don't give a s*** about championships. It's a burden for Josh and he shouldn't be expected to stay on this team if he doesn't want to especially since the ASG have trash in their decision making department. I would not blame Josh one bit if he wants to be traded, the owners don't care about the players or the fans. Josh seems like a guy who wants to win a championship before he dies.

And this is exactly why the Hawks need to be careful with this Josh Smith situation. Unlike Joe, he would take a little less money just to play for a contender. For whatever mistakes he makes on the floor, Josh actually has heart and wants to win. I defenitely could see him turn down a max type contract offer from the Hawks to go elsewhere.

Edited by Jody23