• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most pathetic team in the league?

Alex

We have good players and no lack of talent on this roster. Yet we are fading real fast out of the playoff picture. We are getting pounded by an old Celtics team. There are worse teams in the league, but that's because of the players they have. I don't know what the excuse is with this team, but it's aggravating to watch this team be completed wasted. Sure we might end up as the 7th or 8th seed, but what does it matter? We get swept in round one no matter what.

God I hate our fans. We have FOUR of our contributors out and have won two straight AND are seven games above .500 AND have made the second round three straight years. We are suddenly wasted and a 7 or 8 seed due to one game?

You can say that again man! I'm not pissed about the lose. Teague hurt me a lil but hey...
  • Like 2

So I'm kinda torn here. Am I a bad fan for thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing for us to miss the playoffs? I mean, we're a good team, but we're not really a contender this year, right? However, we do have some strong pieces. We don't have the cap room to sign any big name free agents this summer, and I don't think any major trades are likely.But - if we were to fall out of the playoff picture and possibly get a lottery pick - doesn't that make us a scary team next season? Horford wil be back, Teague will have another year under his belt, and we can hopefully add a quality draft pick to the mix.I'm not a big proponent of tanking, but at the same time, I don't feel like I'd be upset if we fell out of the playoff picture altogether.

So I'm kinda torn here. Am I a bad fan for thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing for us to miss the playoffs? I mean, we're a good team, but we're not really a contender this year, right? However, we do have some strong pieces. We don't have the cap room to sign any big name free agents this summer, and I don't think any major trades are likely.But - if we were to fall out of the playoff picture and possibly get a lottery pick - doesn't that make us a scary team next season? Horford wil be back, Teague will have another year under his belt, and we can hopefully add a quality draft pick to the mix.I'm not a big proponent of tanking, but at the same time, I don't feel like I'd be upset if we fell out of the playoff picture altogether.

We've had this discussion on here already, n I feel the same way u do....I say just miss the playoffs all together n get a good pick, this will b a great draft this year n i feel we could really get a real impact player at any point in the lottery so I'm wit it

• Premium Member

Welcome to Hawksquawk.The problem of "tanking" or "getting into the playoffs" is not the real issue here.The problem is the franchise is fundamentaly flawed from the Ownership group down to the ballboy.This team is a playoff calibur season team. They will not be successful in the playoffs. They are mear entertainment for the fans of Atlanta during the regular season and ownership is completely happy with that.So, that is your answer Edited by Vol4ever

Most pathetic team in the league? Us and the Celtics? I cant help but laugh at that statement. Have you not seen the Wizards this season LOL, or Charlotte. Were in the better half of the league.

• Like 2

lets see you have your starting centefr out prago, radmonovich out and willie green joe went down and you damb near in the middle of the pack of the playoff teams.what are you complaining about.im surprised b/c im usually the first to throw stones at the hawks.but even i realise their is a time to be thankfull.

Welcome to Hawksquawk.

The problem of "tanking" or "getting into the playoffs" is not the real issue here.

The problem is the franchise is fundamentaly flawed from the Ownership group down to the ballboy.

This team is a playoff calibur season team. They will not be successful in the playoffs. They are mear entertainment for the fans of Atlanta during the regular season and ownership is completely happy with that.

So, that is your answer

Complete and utter horse hockey! You have no flipping idea whether our ball boys are flawed or not! Posted Image