• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A good day for big blue

AHF

Kansas fans and players must feel sick this morning at the blown chance they had. If they just make free throws and dont blow easy dunks they are national champs. They choked just like they did vs Duke in the final many years ago after Duke shocked Vegas. Kansas missed so many point blank attempts that game vs Duke you would have thought the whole team was named ZaZa. lol

Edited by NJHAWK

• Moderators

Kansas fans and players must feel sick this morning at the blown chance they had. If they just make free throws and dont blow easy dunks they are national champs. They choked just like they did vs Duke in the final many years ago after Duke shocked Vegas. Kansas missed so many point blank attempts that game vs Duke you would have thought the whole team was named ZaZa. lol

I didn't see it quite that way. They blew some chances just to get in the game. They didn't blow them to win. They weren't even close the whole game. So i don't see where a few free throws and a couple of dunks would have made them champs. Seemed like Kentucky beat them in every aspect of the game.

Well the lost by 8 and missed at least 3 or 4 uncontested dunks. You cant give gifts like that in big games if your trying to pull an upset. On a side note when did college basketball become like the nba as far as not calling traveling? I guess they figured those KY kids are already nba ready so they just let them play under nba unspoken rules. I doubt Ky will have the same team next season but it would be cool if they did to chase the undefeated season.

• Moderators

If Kansas would have been close, Kentucky wouldn't have stopped fast breaking with more than 15 minutes left to play. They went to a 'prevent' offense rather than playing their most effective style to try to shorten the game. They ran the clock and it ended up working as Kansas never got within a possession of UK. I don't like that style anymore than I like the football version, but they clearly wanted to make sure time burned at the expense of giving up better shots.Kansas did blow a number of layups but a lot of that was fear of getting blocked leading them to rush their opportunities. Louisville and most teams Kentucky played did the same thing. It isn't a coincidence that teams miss a few shots that are ordinarily gimmes after getting rejected repeatedly.