• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 5 - MVP race

thecampster

Nice to see Smoove getting some recognition!

But let's be clear, what looked like a two-man race for much of this condensed season has turned into a much tighter affair here recently. In fact, some of the best basketball being played in the league right now is by guys who have spent their time on this list in the bottom half of the top 10 -- most notably Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook -- and even down into the guys who don't get a rung like Steve Nash, Blake Griffin and Josh Smith.

Realistically the only way he cracks top 5 in voting is if he averages 25 and 10 for the rest of the games this year and the hawks win 80% of the remaining games. Still nice to see Josh step up his game and get recognition for it.

Edited by 01d0rd3r

Realistically the only way he cracks top 5 in voting is if he averages 25 and 10 for the rest of the games this year and the hawks win 80% of the remaining games. Still nice to see Josh step up his game and get recognition for it.

Oh, he's not cracking top 5 regardless but looks like they've got him 11 based on the writing or 15 at worst.

• Premium Member

Does anyone else here think that Blake Griffin is overated? I think everything about him, including his dunks, is overrated. I mean half the time he goes up to throw down and uses his off hand to move defenders out of the way.

I will go on the record and say that Griffin is overrated.Kevin Love is better.Smoove may be also.The one difference between Smoove and Griffin... Griffin knows what he is.

• Moderators

Not to jinx him again, but is Smoove on track to be on the All-Defensive Team again?He's fourth overall in points-per-possession defensive rating, and leads all NBA forwards in defensive win shares (second overall). He's fifth in defensive rebounds and eighth in defensive rebound percentage. And he's the only forward in the top ten in blocked shots per game (eighth overall).I think they'll give either one of Iguodala/Brand and Garnett first-team for forwards, but Smoove should probably make second-team at least.~lw3

You guys are nuts, griffin as a rookie averaged 20 & 10....AS A ROOKIE!!!! he shoots over 50% and again the guy already knows what he is and hoe he should approach the game. I love smoove but he's in his what 7 year and has never put up the scoring or rebounding numbers that Blake is already putting up. Now I do think smoove is better defensively but hes not overall better than Blake. If Blake was on the hawks there's no way in hell you guys would be saying this but i mean I understand your bias. Now as far as Kevin love goes that dude is a beast. He is big fundamental junior to me, hes not as big as Duncan and can't affect the game defensively like Duncan could but he is so sound fundamentally rebounding the ball and on offense that he just puts himself in another category than the other guys out there right now.