• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fox South Hawk bumper music

Swatguy

• Moderators

I'm fine with it. Let's just say it's not what runs any viewers off. LOLI like the image montage that accompanies it. I haven't seen the Fox Sports productions (like FS Carolinas' Bobcats games or FS Tennessee's Grizzlies games), but my hunch is FSN does a similar intro, quite possibly with the exact same music.~lw3

I'm fine with it. Let's just say it's not what runs any viewers off. LOLI like the image montage that accompanies it. I haven't seen the Fox Sports productions (like FS Carolinas' Bobcats games or FS Tennessee's Grizzlies games), but my hunch is FSN does a similar intro, quite possibly with the exact same music.~lw3

It is the same for the Bobcats but that is Charlotte. Charlotte is countrified. Atlanta is more sophisticated than that music.

I'm not saying the music they play now is any good, but I'd purposely stay away from the telecast until the tip-off if they decided to add representative Atlanta-based rap to the telecast in anyway shape or form. Unfortunately, real rap is dead, but hip-hop, in general, has been killed, beaten, mutilated, and mangled in Atlanta.. Case in point, "rappers" such as Gucci Mane and Young Jeezy. However, if FS could somehow strike a deal with an artist that represents the "A" well, I'd be all for it.

• Moderators

It is the same for the Bobcats but that is Charlotte. Charlotte is countrified. Atlanta is more sophisticated than that music.

I should have referenced some of FSN's less country-fried NBA affiliates (http://msn.foxsports.com/home/page/fsn), like FS Detroit. I doubt they intro with the smooth stylings of Motown (or Eminem for that matter). Neither, likely, is PrimeTicket / FS West in California using Beach Boy music at the start of the Clipper games. It's probably that same ol' twang for all NBA broadcasts across the countr -- er, nation, without regard to our varied regional aural preferences. The video changes, but the intro probably doesn't.~lw3

• Moderators

Also, we should note that yes, this is Atlanta, but the draw to the team (what little there is) comes from people all over the Southeast, far beyond I-285, including folks that came of age with the Hawks as the only rational geographic NBA option in the days before someone finally thought Florida, Charlotte, and Memphis franchises were a worthy idea. So you will have fans from Macon, Augusta, up near Chattanooga, even over near Birmingham, that will tap their toe to that thing without even noticing.And the Southeast's varied musical tastes didn't exactly begin and end with crunk, certainly not when the Hawks started building its fanbase in the 1960's. You've got jazz fans, gospel fans, country fans, R&B fans, blues fans, hip hop fans -- with Atlanta as a regional centroid of almost all that action for decades. I'd probably be just as likely to turn down the volume if they intro'd 82 NBA games with Gladys Knight or Soulja Boy as I would if they went with Zac Brown Band or the Indigo Girls. It'd be like, "yeah, it's Atlanta, I get it. Now get on with it!"Whatever the sound they choose, for me it's merely the whistle that announces, "good, the chatter is over, it's just about time for the tip-off." FS South could find a catchier 15-second ditty, sure. I doubt the folks over in Midtown that work on production have that thing on their ITunes either. But it's probably not worth the national FS Net mothership's time and energy to regionalize it for everybody's teams. Ergo, Muzak for All. I wonder if every FSN-aired team's "Final Take" and "Plays of the Month" background music the same as well (probably is).~lw3

• Like 1

Atlanta has a lot of good rappers still that just doesn't get radio play like real hip hop artist across the country. Atlanta is home for one of the most lyrical artist ever and best group ever in Andre 3000 and Outkast. Cyhi da Prynce and B.o.B are good hip hop artist from Atlanta that can have commercial song success for the Hawks. B.o.B has been used plenty of times by ESPN and Addidas and have that pop appeal to please all parties. Our PR suck anyway because there is no way this song from a few years back from Cyhi da Prynce should have went unnoticed....

• Moderators

Aside: stealing from good ol' Wikipedia about FS South (or, why they don't just call it FS Atlanta already)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_South

The viewing area includes Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. It is, by far, the largest FSN affiliate by area and viewership. As such, the feed is often broken down into several sub-regional feeds for the purposes of adhering to the "home turf" rules belonging to the various professional leagues. For example, Memphis Grizzlies and Nashville Predators games are only seen in Tennessee, most of Kentucky, northern Mississippi, and northern Alabama, while Charlotte Bobcats games are only seen in North and South Carolina. Neither are seen in the remaining portions of Fox Sports South's coverage area, though Predators games occasionally re-air in North Carolina.

In October 2008, Fox decided to break up Fox Sports South into three separate feeds to offer more localized coverage to subscribers, dubbed Fox Sports Carolinas and Fox Sports Tennessee. FSN bills these feeds as separate networks (and websites) from the main Fox Sports South channel, which only serves Georgia and most of Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi. Fox Sports South has 2 overflow feeds on DirecTV, to avoid additional coverage conflicts.

~lw3

Yeah rap music is far more sophisticated than country musicPosted Image .

Sophiscated was probably the wrong word for it Posted Image but hip hop is much more "related/affiliated" with basketball than country music. Even rock would be better than country, IMO. But I honestly haven't even noticed the intro music

Sophiscated was probably the wrong word for it Posted Image but hip hop is much more "related/affiliated" with basketball than country music. Even rock would be better than country, IMO. But I honestly haven't even noticed the intro music

Now that I can completely agree with!

Yeah rap music is far more sophisticated than country musicPosted Image .

That is an idiotic response, but I'm not surprised. I never mentioned rap as an alternative. Even folks in Tomball do not associate Atlanta with Travis Tritt even though he is from here.

That is an idiotic response, but I'm not surprised. I never mentioned rap as an alternative. Even folks in Tomball do not associate Atlanta with Travis Tritt even though he is from here.

Well if anyone would know idiotic its you... but OK then genuis what type of sophisticated music are you referring to that they should play that represents Atlanta?

Well if anyone would know idiotic its you... but OK then genuis what type of sophisticated music are you referring to that they should play that represents Atlanta?

Might as well throw in some Usher and Monica...

Might as well throw in some Usher and Monica...

I like hip-hop / rap music just as much as I like any other music, I just take offense to someone saying that country music isn't sophisticated.

Posted Image

Everyone in that picture sure looks like a cross section of Atlanta....hahaha

Yep that screams Atlanta Hawks basketball to me!

• Moderators

Having listened to that thing today, one thing I know for sure is that calling that music "Country" would have to be insulting to country music fans anywhere. It's Muzak. The twang in the last 3 seconds is the only thing remotely country about it.~lw3