• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 Hawks vs. Celtics

Supporter

• Moderators

A lot of focus from Teh Media was on what wasn't working for Boston in Game 1 (and presumably will work in Game 2, even without Ragin' Rondo). Of course, most were ignoring that anything less than 0-for-9 from three-point land and a couple more converted freebies from Joe and the outcome would've been academic.One of the other key factors the Hawks didn't have in their column was an offensive spark from Marvin Williams, who contributed one well-lobbed dunk, but was otherwise 0-for-4 with one rebound in 13 sparse minutes. It will be beneficial for Marvin to find his hot spots on the floor, ready to catch-and-shoot, and also help out with the offensive rebounding. In those 2 April regular-season games against the Celts, Marvin averaged just 4 points and 4 rebounds on 30.8 FG% in 26.4 minutes.None of either team's bench players went to the line in Game 1 at all. Whichever team can draw more fouls (especially from the other team's starters) and convert at the line will help their team's cause tremendously.Look for the Celtics to pressure the ballhandler more and create the kind of havoc they were starting to produce by the 4th quarter, before Rondo proved how Keepin' It Real can Go Wrong. With apologies to Cleveland, Atlanta cannot afford to be cavalier with the halfcourt lob passes, outlet passes, and inbound passes. Boston had 9 steals in Game 1, but 4 of those were courtesy of Rajon Ferrigno.LD did a solid job of spreading minutes between Ivan (4 fouls) and JaCo (5 fouls) to avoid foul trouble issues. As for Boston, Bass fouled out, while KG and Bradley were pushing things with 4 fouls each, and Stiemsma had 3. No other Hawk had more than 2. We'll see if we can maintain that tactical advantage.Go Hawks!~lw3

• Like 1

The greatest expert at drawing the foul wears Celtic green. Watch him workhis magic tonight. Pierce knows exactly how to do this. And, he nearly alwayshits his free throws. Expect a lot of "and one's" from him tonight.Fear and intimidation are their tools. King James is the greatest at crying to therefs but, as a team, Boston has to be one of the top teams, lead by their esteemed HC.Hate to say this but, if our beloved Hawks don't wake up, Boston will run them outof their own building and the entire series will be over, Rondo or no Rondo. Theywill have two things to motovate them. Missing Rondo and being down 0-1.Expect a war tonight. Win tonight, either team, or forget the series. If the Hawks win,I don't believe Celtics will be able to catch us. If Boston wins, without Rondo, Hawkswill be buried when he returns.Pierce is the key tonight for Boston and JJ is key for us.GO HAWKS!!!

Isn't this game on ESPN instead of NBATV?

Nope only on NBATV... we're the Rodney Dangerfield of playoff teams. So unwatchable that we've even dragged the mighty Celtics down to be shown only on this network. We'll probably have 2 nobodies calling the game as well

Hate those, "I told you so" posts but, Paul Pierce scored the firstnine for Boston and he has JJ out with 2 fouls.24 a side @ 1.

Edited by Gray Mule

Been watching gamecast while wandering my new neighborhood looking for a bar playing the game with no success.quick first half recap anyone?

Jeff Teague has been awesome, Joe has played well and Josh took some awful jumpers as usual and missed a showboat reverse dunk but has had a solid overall half. The Celtics came to play tonight but we're sticking with them and it's been a fantastic 1st half to watch.

Dang it, Dol! Why??? Whyyyyyyyy?? Those possums are unsettling, let some loose in KGs locker or something.

Weren't you the one that found those creepy baby possums? I love that pic LOL

Thanks dolf. Looks like we are developing a big three of our own

Teague has made a few selfish plays where he should have given the ball up but he's been great for the most part and had another of those huge running to his man and jumping up and swatting the ball out of bounds moments, which I believe was right after he drilled a 3 at the other end. We started to pull away in this one but the Celtics have knocked down a couple of 3s and tightened up the defense a bit so we've got a game going into the 4th.

Well, Hawks defense was ok but Boston's was awesome as wedid our sleepwalk for an entire quarter.Gave this one away, and Josh out late with a bad knee.Looks bad for the home team.

Oh good God no, it was Fanatic that found those rabid beasts. Dig the bugs though, more my speed.

Glad that you like them... I figured they, along with the troll on the other side, were appropriate given what tends to come out after a loss around here.