Atlanta Hawks predicted to have the worst record..

emeans

• Admin

he's playing well and he'll get plenty of opportunity on that team. He hasn't pulled down less than 7 boards per game so far and that's in limited minutes. He's also 3rd among rookies in scoring so far.

I dunno why you'd laugh at someone calling them experts when you pick Carmelo to be ROY. I'd laugh at you and say you're just making the safe pick. ROY isn't just about scoring a lot. especially scoring a lot on a bad team....

When did Toronto become a good team? Denver has a FAR

talented team compaired to Toronto. It kinda falls downhill

after Vince"I'm only a scorer like Nique" Carter.

Preseason means nothing....According to preseason stats

Eikeze is a good player...When in fact he was 28 and had

to go overseas to play because he couldn't cut the mustard.

Not to mention Toronto has no rebounders so there is more

chances to get rebounds. Obinna averaged 11PPG 8RPG so

shouldn't be lineup him up for comeback player or something? Afterall, preseason stats mean so much.

If you read that much into other people's preseason stats...then why don't our rooks/roster fillins get somewhat sort of the same slack that you afford players on other teams? I know you're not watching any of the games (not an insult, just a fact), thus stats is all we ahve to go on...

Bosh/Mello and guys are top draft picks and both should

be good in the future....While players like Obinna are

journeyman that have yet to stick with a team after

years of being in the league.

I think the most thing is that hype plays a part also. I

hear it like: Bron/Mello and you hear alot even about

Darko and I rarely even hear Bosh named mention. I

think hype will also play a part in Mello getting it.

• Premium Member

Actually, ROY is about having the opportunity to play. I don't think Bosh will have as much opportunity as many of the other guys as long as Davis is in town.

However, I do think that outside of Anthony, T J Ford has a very good shot. He's playing for a coach who used to be a good PG. He's playing on a team that has dedicated itself to the rebuild. I think this will go down like NCAA last year...

Anthony, Ford, Wade, Bosh... With a surprise peek from Lampe!!

• Admin

Their only other REAL option at starting PF is Moiso, and Bosh is simply better. Unless he busts early in the season, he'll be logging heavy minutes at the 4, no problem.

Visibility isn't going to be a problem. If he puts up 11/7 he'll be a strong contender for ROY. It's not all about scoring. Carmelo might score more, but lets wait and see what his FG% looks like and what he can do besides score.

• Premium Member

To be truthful the Hawks and Jazz will probably battle for the worst record in the league. Memphis, Denver, and the Clipps all improved while the Hawks gave away their leading scorer for nothing, If the Hawks drastically improve on defense this year I will admit I was wrong, but Trading GRob did not improve this team. Loosing Ira Newble to Cleveland was a non-factor because he is nothing more than a fringe player and will prove that this year.

Been a Hawks fan since 1978 and boo if you want, I'm just not looking through rose colored galsses like the majority on this board.

Let's hope new ownership and Billy Knight can turn things around, but the signing of Steve Jackson bothers me. We have to look two or three years down the road to see what this past summer has brought to the franchise.

Hawks will finish the year at somewhere around 28-54.

25-57? I don't think we'll be that bad. That was our worst record ever, like 3 years ago, under Lon....young out of position Jason Terry and Lorenzen Wright, etc....I think we'll win at least in the high 30s...come on...thats not rose colored glasses, that is realizing we have some talent, and pretty good coaching.

• Premium Member

Well,

I suspect that Davis will be traded for Jamison and that will make way for Bosh to be a full time 4. However, it doesn't mean that he will collect the numbers to win it. I think realistically that Ford and Mello have a better chance. Their respective teams have BUILT around them. Whereas Bosh is a part of Air Canada's puzzle.

• Admin

I was just commenting to hotlanta that he certainly COULD win it. I still agree with most that Carmelo is the front runner simply because of the hype and his scoring ability. His team will look to him to score as well, which will only help his stats.

Hotlanta wanted to crack jokes that someone put consider him a candidate and I think he has to be considered. it's dfeinitely not a laugher to think he could win it.