• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC vs. JJ.......what happened?!?!?!?

HawkItus

Corey Robinson@Sultan_of_atl

@ajchawks MC did Joe step on your foot or something this week? You've been killing him and the remarks have a personal dislike tone. Wassup

25m Posted ImageMichael Cunningham@ajchawks

@Sultan_of_atl never personal. evaluating his play and his comments. neither have been very good.

Hide conversation

• Like 1

@ajchawks MC did Joe step on your foot or something this week? You've been killing him and the remarks have a personal dislike tone. Wassup

@Sultan_of_atl never personal. evaluating his play and his comments. neither have been very good.

Hide conversation

Posted Image

MC is bringing it. Posted Image

• Like 1

Hide conversation

Well that doesn't sound personal at all...
  • Like 1

Corey Robinson ‏ @Sultan_of_atl

25m Posted ImageMichael Cunningham ‏ @ajchawks

Hide conversation

His true colors come out... Edited by Supporter

• Moderators

It is in fact opinion. Who is he to say that joes comments are not very good, especially considering that we won the game yesterday with joe getting more touches.

Pretty hard to say we won because JJ got more touches. Leading the team in FGA while tying for 3rd in points is rarely a good thing. The guy he tied with took only 9 shots compared to his 17. JJ has significant room to improve this series. I just keep waiting for it to happen.
  • Like 1

Pretty hard to say we won because JJ got more touches. Leading the team in FGA while tying for 3rd in points is rarely a good thing. The guy he tied with took only 9 shots compared to his 17. JJ has significant room to improve this series. I just keep waiting for it to happen.

Well if it's going to happen I'm glad that there are only 2 games left and we need them both. Maybe he'll go 2 for 2 with excellent games to end the series?

• Moderators

Well if it's going to happen I'm glad that there are only 2 games left and we need them both. Maybe he'll go 2 for 2 with excellent games to end the series?

He is certainly capable of it. I want to see another legendary gif against the Celtics coming out of Games 6 and 7 like that step back 3 from a few years back. This team is more capable of being a group effort on offense than the Hawks were during the last series, and I hope JJ recognizes that guys like Teague, Smith and Horford can contribute much more when the ball moves and they end up with good looks.
  • Like 1

He is certainly capable of it. I want to see another legendary gif against the Celtics coming out of Games 6 and 7 like that step back 3 from a few years back. This team is more capable of being a group effort on offense than the Hawks were during the last series, and I hope JJ recognizes that guys like Teague, Smith and Horford can contribute much more when the ball moves and they end up with good looks.

This is the JJ I want to see. The ISO can work in certain situations if he makes his move/decision quicker leaving more time on the clock to make a better pass if he doesn't get the shot. Too much time in the shot clock is wasted pounding the ball then he has to shoot a hurried shot. Joe is too slow at passing the ball out of the double teams, he knows it's coming, his teammates know it's coming, they have to helping him out in making themselves available to get a pass out of the double team.Move the ball and move your bodies.

Getting more touches doesnt necessarily mean more shot attempts. Giving jj the ball forces Boston to collapse on him and as a result more people are open.

• Premium Member

Getting more touches doesnt necessarily mean more shot attempts. Giving jj the ball forces Boston to collapse on him and as a result more people are open.

Agreed, but it's how he handles those touches that's important Supporter. Dribbling out the clock and then heaving up a bad shot is not what any of us want. He's the most capable on this team of generating offense for himself AND others but he has to go quickly and make the Celtics reactive instead of proactive. I can't help but think we are playing right into the Celts hands on offense when Joe pounds the ball and waits for the double team. This team can be very frustrating to watch on offense, and Joe is just as responsible for that as Josh is IMHO.

• Moderators

Agreed, but it's how he handles those touches that's important Supporter. Dribbling out the clock and then heaving up a bad shot is not what any of us want. He's the most capable on this team of generating offense for himself AND others but he has to go quickly and make the Celtics reactive instead of proactive. I can't help but think we are playing right into the Celts hands on offense when Joe pounds the ball and waits for the double team. This team can be very frustrating to watch on offense, and Joe is just as responsible for that as Josh is IMHO.

Exactly. The defense collapsing on JJ is best when JJ quickly passes out of the double team. Too often that isn't the case. Either way, I know JJ is capable of scoring much more efficiently than we have seen over the series so far. Game 6 would be a great time to break that out.