• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How low can you go for Joe?

warcore

think realistically at what teams with capspace would be interested in Joe Johnson for a draft pick - and what pick that could get us.Lowest I see us going is Raptors at 8. and then other teams that may want him are Port (11) and Hous (14/16)

• Moderators

I think Joe can be traded and even though he is the best player on the team i think now's the time. Don't trade the young talent. We should build around them. I'd think we could trade Joe to dallas for Shawn Marion and Odom. We then buy out Odom and we've saved a bunch of money. Plus Marion, despite being old, can still play SF. We'd have a huge hole at the two we'd have to fill in free agency but at least we'd have some breathing room this year and in the future. We'd still have teague, josh, al. I know you were asking about Joe for a pick but i don't see that out there. i think we'll have to take some bad contracts.

• Premium Member

I think Joe can be traded and even though he is the best player on the team i think now's the time. Don't trade the young talent. We should build around them. I'd think we could trade Joe to dallas for Shawn Marion and Odom. We then buy out Odom and we've saved a bunch of money. Plus Marion, despite being old, can still play SF. We'd have a huge hole at the two we'd have to fill in free agency but at least we'd have some breathing room this year and in the future. We'd still have teague, josh, al. I know you were asking about Joe for a pick but i don't see that out there. i think we'll have to take some bad contracts.

So when the basketball trade based on money and not on court fails.. then what? Do you spin it and say, we needed to get back in the lottery?This is why players don't want to come to Atlanta now. We don't know how to win and don't value our players or know how to build a winner.You won't win nothing with guys who can't create for themselves. That should be an edict in basketball.Why do this? To save money?If our owner was Paul Allen, would you still propose something so asinine? This is what I meant years ago when I talked about Welfare mentality. We don't know how to build. We're always looking for the next handout and to keep the status quo. Winning requires risk. Instead of risk, we'd rather have defeats that keep us in the status quo.. Edited by Diesel

• Moderators

So when the basketball trade based on money and not on court fails.. then what? Do you spin it and say, we needed to get back in the lottery?This is why players don't want to come to Atlanta now. We don't know how to win and don't value our players or know how to build a winner.You won't win nothing with guys who can't create for themselves. That should be an edict in basketball.Why do this? To save money?If our owner was Paul Allen, would you still propose something so asinine? This is what I meant years ago when I talked about Welfare mentality. We don't know how to build. We're always looking for the next handout and to keep the status quo. Winning requires risk. Instead of risk, we'd rather have defeats that keep us in the status quo..

I agree 100% that this is welfare mentality. I'm dealing with the cards on the table though. The owners are trying to sell, they won't spend over the tax. These are facts. We have no money to bring in more talent and Joe's contract is the biggest part of that and will only get worse as he gets older and the contract gets bigger. I'd love to keep Joe AND bring in some real talent at the 2 or 3 but its not going to happen. I guess the question is how good is this team without Joe.