• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Cuban: "Used to be jump shooting teams cant win"

Joker

Mark Cuban ‏ @ mcuban

Used to be Jump Shooting Teams cant win. Now there are nothing but jump shooting teams left in the playoffs. # thingschange

Wade, LeBron, Pierce, Rondo, Manu, Tony Parker, Duncan, Westbrook, and Durant all attack/go to the line

I think he is talking about post players and Duncan isn't elite in the low post like he used to be. His defense is still top tier.

And what exactly is Dirk - a tall ass jump shooter. How soon he forgets. Jump shooting teams can win once they have a defense to go with it.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

And what exactly is Dirk - a tall ass jump shooter. How soon he forgets. Jump shooting teams can win once they have a defense to go with it.

We have a defense?

We have a defense?

No, but I was specifically talking about his Mavs from last year - Tyson,Stephenson, even Dirk was better on defense last year. Dirk spent a lot more time in the post last year thatn before but he is still a jump shooting big guy. Edited by JayBirdHawk

No, but I was specifically talking about his Mavs from last year - Tyson,Stephenson, even Dirk was better on defense last year.

Dirk is the same on defense but Tyson cover his ass.

Dirk is the same on defense but Tyson cover his ass.

Compared to past years, Dirk actually gave the effort and tried on defense last year. He is not a great defender but the effort was certainly their last season.

Compared to past years, Dirk actually gave the effort and tried on defense last year. He is not a great defender but the effort was certainly their last season.

He's been putting in work in the last three years on the defensive end.

Cuban never said his team wasn't a jump shooting teamHe is saying that following last year with this year's remaining crop makes it a trend and that "things change"He is an innovator and an advocate of things changing so he is pointing that out...after all, he was ahead of the curve with the tallest jump shooting super star in the league....

Defense wins everytime.Spurs FG% difference vs opp +.026 Reb diff vs opp rank 8thOKC FG% difference vs opp + .044 Reb diff vs opp rank 5thBoston FG% difference vs opp + .041 Reb diff vs opp rank 28thMiami FG difference vs opp + .035 Reb diff vs opp rank 6thHawks FG% difference vs opp + .010 Reb diff vs opp rank 20thYou have to guard the paint just as much as you attack it. We were not good at either and at least Boston knows how to guard even if they are weak at rebounding.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Mark Cuban ‏ @ mcuban

Used to be Jump Shooting Teams cant win. Now there are nothing but jump shooting teams left in the playoffs. # thingschange

Sounds like a guy who is bitter that LBJ will be returning to the Finals... Can't stand it myself, but I figure its inevitable that this Miami experiment will garnish at least one bought championship. Hell, LeBron has at least 8 seasons left in the NBA... Are we to torture ourselves for the next 8 seasons hoping that the shortcut-taking, choke artist doesn't get a ring? I'd rather be a miserable Hawks fan than to be a miserable LeBron hater...

• Moderators

Cuban never said his team wasn't a jump shooting teamHe is saying that following last year with this year's remaining crop makes it a trend and that "things change"He is an innovator and an advocate of things changing so he is pointing that out...after all, he was ahead of the curve with the tallest jump shooting super star in the league....

This is my read on his comments, too. I just think he isn't crediting Duncan properly for his role in spacing the San Antonio offense. If you replaced Duncan with Josh or KG or Dirk or Horford, etc. they wouldn't be able to space the floor like they do. His work in the post is important.