• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I will admit that since the Hawks haven't been drafting high and didn't draft at all last year that I had no idea who this guy was... but sounds like quite a steal.

One of the things I like most about playing in keeper leagues is you have a college draft every year. I am a research geek when it comes to the NBA draft. He could be a Darko but then again he could be the best European player since Dirk. Definitely worth the risk this late.

With the 112th pick The Perfect Balance II pick:

Harrison Barnes

6'8'' / 228 lbs / SF / 20 years old

Sticking with the longterm philosophy Harrison Barnes was too talented to pass up. He has above average atheltic ability and a good perimeter shot. Barnes has all the tools to be an allstar one day. With Deng on the squad Barnes can come along at his own pace and could star in a 6 man role sooner, rather then later, if he is up to the task. In practice there will be a UNC vs. Duke rivalry going on at that SF position during every scrimmage. Hopefully Barnes will react to Deng's tough love with plenty of fight.

In another 3 / 4 years Deng is 30 -31, Barnes will be 23-24, and the natural progression of Father Time will cause a seamless transition as they switch their starting and 6th man roles.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I was expecting a whole lot of "WHO?" Glad to see a few were looking at him. He might be solid right away, or he might become Primož Brezec, we'll have to see.~lw3

Could he become Martynas AndrewSkuzzlebuttish though? I can never remember the dudes last name LOL

With the 112th pick The Perfect Balance II pick:

Harrison Barnes

6'8'' / 228 lbs / SF / 20 years old

Sticking with the longterm philosophy Harrison Barnes was too talented to pass up. He has above average atheltic ability and a good perimeter shot. Barnes has all the tools to be an allstar one day. With Deng on the squad Barnes can come along at his own pace and could star in a 6 man role sooner, rather then later, if he is up to the task. In practice there will be a UNC vs. Duke rivalry going on at that SF position during every scrimmage. Hopefully Barnes will react to Deng's tough love with plenty of fight.

In another 3 / 4 years Deng is 30 -31, Barnes will be 23-24 and the natural progression of Father Time will casue a seamless transition as they switch their starting and 6th man roles as Barnes comes into his own.....andDeng still having some left in the tank.

Barnes is the reason I took 30 minutes to eventually end up taking Billups. Being behind Deng is a much better fit on your team than mine. If Beasley bust on me he would be pushed into a starters role.

One of the things I like most about playing in keeper leagues is you have a college draft every year. I am a research geek when it comes to the NBA draft. He could be a Darko but then again he could be the best European player since Dirk. Definitely worth the risk this late.

Perhaps LW is taking a Danny Ferry / Spurs approach and going the foreign route? Has the Ferry hire changed your entire draft philosophy or were you just determined to not let Supporter have all of the foreign players?

• Moderators

Could he become Martynas AndrewSkuzzlebuttish though? I can never remember the dudes last name LOL

I think Marty Andreviscousness or whatever is safe from our Undrafted Player rules.Had a nightmare once that I was on Wheel of Fortune and he was the answer. Me: "Can I buy another vowel?" Sajak: "Fool, you done bought all the vowels!"~lw3
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Perhaps LW is taking a Danny Ferry / Spurs approach and going the foreign route? Has the Ferry hire changed your entire draft philosophy or were you just determined to not let Supporter have all of the foreign players?

Spoken sometime in the past week:"What? You mean a dude named Amar'e is from FLORIDA?!? #$@%#(^ !!!"~el w trois
  • Like 1

I don't have a foreign player yet, but it looks like LW and supporter are competing lol. As far as my philosophy goes, I like grabbing European players late, which is why I had Jonas penciled in for 9 or 10.Worse case is he ends up being a very tall career backup IMO. Which is not a bad get after the first 100 players have been selected. Best case is you kicked some draft butt!
  • Like 2

Barnes is the reason I took 30 minutes to eventually end up taking Billups. Being behind Deng is a much better fit on your team than mine. If Beasley bust on me he would be pushed into a starters role.

Good point and damn good pick with Barnes... unless he turns into Marvin 2.0 and then we'll have to constantly criticize coach for taking him over other players of need.
  • Like 2

With the 113th pick The Perfect Balance II pick:

Spencer Hawes

7'1'' / 245 lb / C / just turned 24 two months ago

Spencer Hawes is a good all around center to compliment DeAndre Jordan's raw game. Hawes has nice touch on his mid range jumper and a decent bag of post moves. We all know about his NBA big man genes. Hawes now has 18 playoff games under his belt after back to back trips to the playoffs with the 76ers. At his age he should still have some more growth as a player. He had the best rebounding year of his career last year with 7.3 rpg in only 24.9 mpg and the best FG% of his career. Spencer Hawes has proved he is for real by producing in a significant role for a playoff team this year. People can no longer say his stats are over inflated due to playing on piss-poor Sacremento Kings teams.

PG: Stephen Curry 24 / Brandon Knight 20

SG: James Harden 22

SF: Luol Deng 27 / Harrison Barnes 20

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge 27

C: DeAndre Jordan 24 in July / Spencer Hawes 24

LW3 was just PM'd.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

4 - Capstone - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook

11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose

12 - Buzzard - DeMarcus Cousins

13 - jy23 - Rajon Rondo

14 - Nicholasp27 - Anthony Davis

15 - LethalWeapon3 - Ricky Rubio

16 - coachx - James Harden

Round 2

17 - coachx - LaMarcus Aldridge

18 - LethalWeapon3 - Marc Gasol

19 - Nicholasp27 - Roy Hibbert

20 - jy23 - Dwyane Wade

21 - Buzzard - John Wall

22 - Alejandro09 - Al Horford

23 - Mutombolievable - Josh Smith

24 - Dolfan - Greg Monroe

25 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Carmelo Anthony

26 - Diesel - Ty Lawson

27 - sultanofatl - Kobe Bryant

28 - AHF - Tony Parker

29 - Capstone21 - Al Jefferson

30 - JayBirdHawk - Tyson Chandler

31 - Supporter - Pau Gasol

32 - Devon - Chris Bosh

Round 3

33 - Devon - Serge Ibaka

34 - Supporter - Joe Johnson

35 - JayBirdHawk - Dirk Nowitzki

36 - Capstone21 - Rudy Gay

37 - AHF - Andre Iguodala

38 - sultanofatl - Manu Ginobili

39 - Diesel - Marcin Gortat

40 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar Derozan

41 - Dolfan - Danny Granger

42 - Mutombolievable - Monta Ellis

43 - Alejandro09 - Paul George

44 - Buzzard - David Lee

45 - jy23 - Michael Kidd Gilchrist

46 - Nicholasp27 - Eric Gordon

47 - LethalWeapon3 - Amare Stoudemire

48 - coachx - Luol Deng

Round 4

49 - coachx - Stephen Curry

50 - LethalWeapon3 - Nicholas Batum

51 - Nicholasp27 - Danilo Gallinari

52 - jy23 - Paul Millsap

53 - Buzzard - Klay Thompson

54 - Alejandro09 - Joakim Noah

55 - Mutombolievable - Brook Lopez

56 - Dolfan - Brandon Jennings

57 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - David West

58 - Diesel - Aaron Afflalo

59 - sultanofatl - Ryan Anderson

60 - AHF - Kevin Garnett

61 - Capstone21 - Javale McGee

62 - JayBirdHawk - Kawhi Leonard

63 - Supporter - Nene Hilario

64 - Devon - Kyle Lowry

Round 5

65 - Devon - Tyreke Evans

66 - Supporter - Ersan Ilyasova

67 - JayBirdHawk - Marshon Brooks

68 - Capstone21 - Wesley Matthews

69 - AHF - Bradley Beal

70 - sultanofatl - Steve Nash

71 - Diesel - Paul Pierce

72 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Andrew Bogut

73 - Dolfan - Kenneth Faried

74 - Mutombolievable - Wilson Chandler

75 - Alejandro09 - Hold the Mayo

76 - Buzzard - Derrick Favors

77 - jy23 - Tim Duncan

78 - Nicholasp27 - Tristan Thompson

79 - LethalWeapon3 - Thomas Robinson

80 - coachx - DeAndre Jordan

Round 6

81 - coachx - Brandon Knight

82 - LethalWeapon3 - Brandon Rush

83 - Nicholasp27 - Jrue Holiday

84 - jy23 - Zach Randolph

85 - Buzzard - Michael Beasley

86 - Alejandro09 - Udonis Haslem

87 - Mutombolievable - Anderson Varejao

88 - Dolfan - Tony Allen

89 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Mike Conley

90 - Diesel - Jarrett Jack

91 - sultanofatl - Gerald Wallace

92 - AHF - Kevin Martin

93 - Capstone21 - Andrea Bargnani

94 - JayBirdHawk - Thaddeus Young

95 - Supporter - Gorn Dragic

96 - Devon - Jordan Crawford

Round 7

97 - Devon - Andre Drummond

98 - Supporter - Nikola Pekovic

99 - JayBirdHawk - Kris Humphries

100 - Capstone21 - Evan Turner

101 - AHF - Carlos Boozer

102 - sultanofatl - Kendrick Perkins

103 - Diesel - Trevor Ariza

104 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Tayshaun Prince

105 - Dolfan - Jeremy Lin

106 - Mutombolievable - Iman Shumpert

107 - Alejandro09 - Devin Harris

108 - Buzzard - Chauncey Billups

109 - jy23 - Steve Novak

110 - Nicholasp27 - Avery Bradley

111 - LethalWeapon3 - Jonas Valančiūnas

112 - coachx - Harrison Barnes

Round 8

113 - coachx - Spencer Hawes

114 - LethalWeapon3 -

115 - Nicholasp27 -

116 - jy23 -

117 - Buzzard -

118 - Alejandro09 -

119 - Mutombolievable -

120 - Dolfan -

121 - PSSSHHHRRR87 -

122 - Diesel -

123 - sultanofatl -

124 - AHF -

125 - Capstone21 -

126 - JayBirdHawk -

127 - Supporter -

128 - Devon -

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

With the 114th Pick in the 2012 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Enforcers select…

Jeff Teague of Your Atlanta Hawks (Age 24, 6’2”, 181 lbs)

Finally… a CERTIFIED PASS-FIRST POINT GUARD!!!

((Just playin’ with y’all. What’s up, Joker?))

Really, Teague would not be that bad of a change-up from the Enforcer starting ahead of him. Rather than a primary role of setting up the offense, this here is a defense-first point guard. And when he’s focused and locked in his role, Teague sure can be a thorn in the side of opposing offenses. Belying his slight frame, Teague uses his blistering speed and uncanny hops to impact the game defensively, the only NBA player ranking among the top 10 PGs in per-game blocks (3rd) and steals (8th).

Jeffrey is also learning to get comfortable with his shot, both inside and out. Finally a full-time starter in 2012, he had a 3-year-career high in minutes, but a career-low usage rate. Despite that, his total shooting percentage continues to climb, as his conversion of 2-point shots at the rim and from 10 feet to the arc are career highs. He has developed a nifty “Teaguedrop” shot when he drives into the lane that he might do well to patent. His three-point shot is still streaky but was more effective in this year’s postseason (41% on 7-for-17 shooting, compared to 3-for-12 in the previous two playoffs combined).

Because of his aggressive approach, he will get to the line routinely and convert his freebies. Despite struggling with free throws earlier in the season, Teague finished 2011-12 on an 86% clip in his final 25 games, including almost 90% in the playoffs against the Celtics.

Teague’s intensity can be a blessing and a curse. A spectacular play on his part usually causes him to flame out for the remainder of the game. Constructive coaching and perhaps a little medication will keep him emotionally on point.

You won’t see Rubio and Teague sharing the floor unless the Enforcers can afford to go small. Although he will get called up only when Rubio gets into foul trouble or needs a breather, it will be intriguing to see how Teague’s game evolves once he is removed from an iso-heavy offense where the iso’s aren’t called for him. What will his shooting look like when he delivers the ball and has a legitimate chance of getting it back sometime later in the shot clock? How far might his assists go up when he has his bigs where they need to be to make effective plays? How much better will he get as a ballhandler and table-setter when he doesn’t have to defer to centers and power forwards to bring the ball up the floor? How much more can he gamble for turnovers and go after offensive boards knowing he has athletic defensive wings at his back? The possibilities for the newly-minted 24-year-old are still not finite.

There’s a probability that, within a few years, Jeff may not even be the best Teague in the league. But that’s fine. At his age and with decent health and considerable playoff experience, he’s in a good position to be an impact backcourt reserve in the SDL for many years to come.

LETHAL ENFORCERS

G – Ricky Rubio

G – Jeff Teague (bench)

G/F – Brandon Rush

G/F – Nicolas Batum

F – Thomas Robinson (bench)

F – Amar’e Stoudemire

C – Marc Gasol

C – Jonas Valančiūnas (bench)

The inimitable Nicholasp27 has been PM’d and is on the clock.

~lw3

• Like 2

Man I thought long and hard about taking Teague with my last pick but just couldn't get over the fact that he's not great at setting up an offense... plus I didn't think that he would start over Jennings and I wanted to move BJ to the 6th man role. I do feel that if we weren't Hawks fans that Teague would have gone earlier in this draft but we're a bit jaded towards him in some ways. Great pick though!

I'm taking Damian lillardStud pg of this draft; will be taken top 10 and given minutes to shineCan really shoot the ball and get to the line at a high ratehttp://www.draftexpr...n-Lillard-6152/

I read that he had the best workout the Blazers have seen since Durant was in town working out for them (oops) . This kid could become an absolute stud and you're probably going to know quickly as I doubt he'll be a backup long.