• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

The draft is officially on. Devon can make his pick as soon as he is ready, but the official clock starts at 7:00 a.m. EST on Thursday June 14, 2012. (People can pick as soon as the person in front of them goes, but if Hustler isn't available until Thursday, for example, then we won't skip that pick.) Please review the rules and guidelines listed below and remember that if you anticipate having trouble making timely picks that you can bring on another poster as a co-GM to help.

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - Hustler

4 - Capstone21

5 - AHF

6 - sultanofatl

7 - Diesel

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87

9 - Dolfan

10 - Mutombolievable

11 - Alejandro09

12 - Buzzard

13 - jy23

14 - Nicholasp27

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

Round 2

17 - coachx

18 - LethalWeapon3

19 - Nicholasp27

20 - jy23

21 - Buzzard

22 - Alejandro09

23 - Mutombolievable

24 - Dolfan

25 - PSSSHHHRRR87

26 - Diesel

27 - sultanofatl

28 - AHF

29 - Capstone21

30 - Hustler

31 - Supporter

32 – Devon

Here are the rules

1. Draft Format: This is a fourteen round snake draft, so Draft order goes 1,2,3,4,...14, 15, 16, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11,...3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3,..

2. Eligibility: You can Draft anybody that is currently in the league or is or has been draft eligible. We have eliminated the requirement that they must have played at least one NBA game prior to today, so players like Ricky Rubio and Kyrie Irving would have been eligible under this format in last year’s draft. Players eligible for the 2012 draft can be drafted as can foreign players drafted in the past or draft eligible in the past who haven't played in the NBA. Players like Shabazz Muhammed are still not eligible for this draft because they are not and have never been draft eligible.

3. Making Your Picks/Discussion and Debate: When it's your turn to draft, you just post (in bold) the player's name and you should do a writeup on why you chose that player. If you don't have time for a writeup, you can just make your selection to keep Draft moving and then post writeup later when you have time. Your writeup should explain why the player rules and how well they fit with your squad and why your team is now going to dominate the '10s. You should always pm the next person in the list after you pick.

Example:

AHF Team Pick: Shaquille O’Neal

I am taking Shaq to bolster my rebounding and interior defense. While he is getting older, he will be playing limited minutes on my roster behind Dwight Howard and will still be able to dominate smaller guys playing center like Al Horford in the paint. Health is a concern but in round 11 there isn’t a lot of depth on the interior so this pick makes all the sense in the world.

Discussion of picks is encouraged but do not discuss undrafted players to avoid influencing future picks. So, for example, if Wilt is picked #1 then it is a breach of draft etiquette to start discussion other available centers or how MJ is still available, etc. If you are explaining why you picked Wilt, you need to just generally address other available players or use the word "Player" as a substitute for someone specific. Example: I took Wilt because he was so dominant, and, while Wilt would be dominant in any era, I don't think that Player would hold up as well when guarded by other elite picks. (Not that MJ or Wilt would hold up very well in 2012).

4. Time Frame/Finances: You get the player as they are and their projected potential/output for their projected career from here on out. So if you Draft Tracy McGrady, you are getting a player often injured, on the downside of his career, with only a year or so left. If you Draft John Wall, you get a young player who may project to play for 10+ years at a high level. Assume for purposes of this draft that all players get paid 1/13th of your salary cap every year so that you don’t need to bypass Joe Johnson for Jodie Meeks just because Joe is expensive and you already have several high salaries.

5. Roster: Each team gets 13 players and 1 coach, no restrictions on positions...draft 13 centers if you want; only 1 coach

6. Evaluation Criteria: Draft as if you are starting a new franchise, so consider how your team will play into the future, not just year one. That said, you can choose to weight immediate success or long-term success as you wish.

7. Trades: Teams are free to trade players, coaches or picks but the total number of incoming and outgoing roster spots must be the same. I.e., you can trade your first round pick and fifth round pick for someone’s second and third round picks but can’t trade your first round pick for a second round pick and a tenth round pick. Trades are subject to review but will only be overturned where both a number of posters and the commish (AHF) feel the trade is so unfair that it could ruin balance. Basically, we want to avoid stacking one team up with lopsided trades but trades for fit or due to different projections of talent are fine.

8. Time Limits: We'll start off with an 8 hour time limit for each pick (see note on nighttime shutdown). So when the person before you picks, you have 8 hours from then to make your selection or you are skipped. If you are skipped, the next person's clock starts and they have 8 hours. You may make up skipped picks at any time. Just post who you want when you get back to the thread. We may decrease time limit if the draft drags to a crawl and people aren’t expected to take that long if they are available. Draft moving smoothly, but we'll decide that as a group.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am EST. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.)

9. PM The Next Pick: You should PM the person after you when you make your pick so they know it's their turn. However, everyone should also follow along with the thread and know when they are up soon. Please make sure you have set your preferences to receive emails when you are PM’d.

10. Anticipated Absences – Advance Picks: If your pick is coming up soon and you'll be away, just ask in thread who will take your pm and be around to post it when it's your turn. I like to pm someone picking after me, and ideally someone that I have 2 picks before they go again so I can pm them 2 choices in case my top choice gets selected.

I have PM'd Devon so we are on!

Edited by AHF

• Admin

Thanks for setting this up AHF!

I am using your post as a quick reference for the draft after the rules

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

4 - Capstone - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook

11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose

12 - Buzzard - DeMarcus Cousins

13 - jy23 - Rajon Rondo

14 - Nicholasp27 - Anthony Davis

15 - LethalWeapon3 - Ricky Rubio

16 - coachx - James Harden

Round 2

17 - coachx - LaMarcus Aldridge

18 - LethalWeapon3 - Marc Gasol

19 - Nicholasp27 - Roy Hibbert

20 - jy23 - Dwyane Wade

21 - Buzzard - John Wall

22 - Alejandro09 - Al Horford

23 - Mutombolievable - Josh Smith

24 - Dolfan - Greg Monroe

25 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Carmelo Anthony

26 - Diesel - Ty Lawson

27 - sultanofatl - Kobe Bryant

28 - AHF - Tony Parker

29 - Capstone21 - Al Jefferson

30 - JayBirdHawk - Tyson Chandler

31 - Supporter - Pau Gasol

32 - Devon - Chris Bosh

Round 3

33 - Devon - Serge Ibaka

34 - Supporter - Joe Johnson

35 - JayBirdHawk - Dirk Nowitzki

36 - Capstone21 - Rudy Gay

37 - AHF - Andre Iguodala

38 - sultanofatl - Manu Ginobili

39 - Diesel - Marcin Gortat

40 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar Derozan

41 - Dolfan - Danny Granger

42 - Mutombolievable - Monta Ellis

43 - Alejandro09 - Paul George

44 - Buzzard - David Lee

45 - jy23 - Michael Kidd Gilchrist

46 - Nicholasp27 - Eric Gordon

47 - LethalWeapon3 - Amare Stoudemire

48 - coachx - Luol Deng

Round 4

49 - coachx - Stephen Curry

50 - LethalWeapon3 - Nicholas Batum

51 - Nicholasp27 - Danilo Gallinari

52 - jy23 - Paul Millsap

53 - Buzzard - Klay Thompson

54 - Alejandro09 - Joakim Noah

55 - Mutombolievable - Brook Lopez

56 - Dolfan - Brandon Jennings

57 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - David West

58 - Diesel - Aaron Afflalo

59 - sultanofatl - Ryan Anderson

60 - AHF - Kevin Garnett

61 - Capstone21 - Javale McGee

62 - JayBirdHawk - Kawhi Leonard

63 - Supporter - Nene Hilario

64 - Devon - Kyle Lowry

Round 5

65 - Devon - Tyreke Evans

66 - Supporter - Ersan Ilyasova

67 - JayBirdHawk - Marshon Brooks

68 - Capstone21 - Wesley Matthews

69 - AHF - Bradley Beal

70 - sultanofatl - Steve Nash

71 - Diesel - Paul Pierce

72 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Andrew Bogut

73 - Dolfan - Kenneth Faried

74 - Mutombolievable - Wilson Chandler

75 - Alejandro09 - Hold the Mayo

76 - Buzzard - Derrick Favors

77 - jy23 - Tim Duncan

78 - Nicholasp27 - Tristan Thompson

79 - LethalWeapon3 - Thomas Robinson

80 - coachx - DeAndre Jordan

Round 6

81 - coachx - Brandon Knight

82 - LethalWeapon3 - Brandon Rush

83 - Nicholasp27 - Jrue Holiday

84 - jy23 - Zach Randolph

85 - Buzzard - Michael Beasley

86 - Alejandro09 - Udonis Haslem

87 - Mutombolievable - Anderson Varejao

88 - Dolfan - Tony Allen

89 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Mike Conley

90 - Diesel - Jarrett Jack

91 - sultanofatl - Gerald Wallace

92 - AHF - Kevin Martin

93 - Capstone21 - Andrea Bargnani

94 - JayBirdHawk - Thaddeus Young

95 - Supporter - Goran Dragic

96 - Devon - Jordan Crawford

Round 7

97 - Devon - Andre Drummond

98 - Supporter - Nikola Pekovic

99 - JayBirdHawk - Kris Humphries

100 - Capstone21 - Evan Turner

101 - AHF - Carlos Boozer

102 - sultanofatl - Kendrick Perkins

103 - Diesel - Trevor Ariza

104 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Tayshaun Prince

105 - Dolfan - Jeremy Lin

106 - Mutombolievable - Iman Shumpert

107 - Alejandro09 - Devin Harris

108 - Buzzard - Chauncey Billups

109 - jy23 - Steve Novak

110 - Nicholasp27 - Avery Bradley

111 - LethalWeapon3 - Jonas Valančiūnas

112 - coachx - Harrison Barnes

Round 8

113 - coachx - Spencer Hawes

114 - LethalWeapon3 - Jeff Teague

115 - Nicholasp27 - Damien Lillard

116 - jy23 - Ray Allen

117 - Buzzard - Jared Dudley

118 - Alejandro09 - Landry Fields

119 - Mutombolievable - Isaiah Thomas

120 - Dolfan - Tiago Splitter

121 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Tyler Zeller

122 - Diesel - JJ Hickson

123 - sultanofatl - Taj Gibson

124 - AHF - Enes Kanter

125 - Capstone21 - Raymond Felton

126 - JayBirdHawk - George Hill

127 - Supporter - Lou Williams

128 - Devon - Dorrell Wright

Round 9

129 - Devon - Darren Collison

130 - Supporter - Marcus Thornton

131 - JayBirdHawk - Meyers Leonard

132 - Capstone21 - Samuel Dalembert

133 - AHF - Eric Bledsoe

134 - sultanofatl - Mario Chalmers

135 - Diesel - Emeka Okafor

136 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - J.R. Smith

137 - Dolfan - Danny Green

138 - Mutombolievable – Marvin Williams

139 - Alejandro09 - Gordon Hayward

140 - Buzzard - Jose Calderon

141 - jy23 - Zaza Pachulia

142 - Nicholasp27 - Shane Battier

143 - LethalWeapon3 - Kevin Seraphin

144 - coachx - Thabo Sefolosha

Round 10

145 - coachx - Andre Miller

146 - LethalWeapon3 - Courtney Lee

147 - Nicholasp27 - Tom Thibodeau

148 - jy23 - Ramon Sessions

149 - Buzzard - Lamar Odom

150 - Alejandro09 - Gregg Popovich

151 - Mutombolievable - Omer Asik

152 - Dolfan - Doc Rivers

153 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Rick Carlisle

154 - Diesel - Nick Young

155 - sultanofatl - Derrick Williams

156 - AHF - Rodney Stuckey

157 - Capstone21 - Jerry Sloan

158 - JayBirdHawk - George Karl

159 - Supporter - Chandler Parsons

160 - Devon - Scott Brooks

Round 11

161 - Devon - Brandon Bass

162 - Supporter -

163 - JayBirdHawk -

164 - Capstone21 -

165 - AHF -

166 - sultanofatl -

167 - Diesel -

168 - PSSSHHHRRR87 -

169 - Dolfan -

170 - Mutombolievable –

171 - Alejandro09 -

172 - Buzzard -

173 - jy23 -

174 - Nicholasp27 -

175 - LethalWeapon3 -

176 - coachx -

Edited by AHF

With the 1st pick in the 2012-13 Hawksquawk Summer offseason draft...

Devon's Avenue of the Giants Squad selects...

SG/SF KEVIN "THE DURANTULA" DURANT

- Kevin Durant is an MVP, a scoring champion, and a consumate TEAM-FIRST player. We here at the Avenue of the Giants love his versatility, his scoring prowess, his fire, and his overall BEAST MODE-ness. We believe Durant will not only be our "SUPERSTAR" but also our "Captain" and our "Community Leader"....

We couldn't be more excited to have him in the fold!!!

Supporter has been PM'd

Edited by AHF

I'm putting it out there that I'm looking to move up for a specific player and am dangling my 2nd & 3rd picks (#32 &33)... I will have to look to AHF for the equivalency factor in trades but I am throwing it out there.

• Moderators

I'm putting it out there that I'm looking to move up for a specific player and am dangling my 2nd & 3rd picks (#32 &33)...I will have to look to AHF for the equivalency factor in trades but I am throwing it out there.

Primary worry is getting the #s matched so that both sides are giving up 2 picks. Something seriously unbalanced like 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks for someone's 1st, 11th, 12th, and 13th would qualify for veto if people are upset but I don't expect to see anything like that.

Cool14/19 should let me get a really strong duo

I am thinking the samething with 12 and 21!Good deal and 2nd the thanks for getting this together. Got pretty much what I was wanting with the 12th and 21st picks. I should be able to snag two very talented building blocks at both spots.

I'm sorry but i feel like drafted college players is going to cheapen the draft....ill roll wit whatever tho

• Admin

I'm sorry but i feel like drafted college players is going to cheapen the draft....ill roll wit whatever tho

I agree to a point but if this was an expansion draft...players would be drafted out of college too. I would probably take one college player at the most anyway

• Moderators

How does it work with picking a coach? Do you do that as one of your draft choices? And can I draft the zombie Red Auerbach?

It does count as one of your draft choices and you choose when to take them. You can take anyone who is a coach (no coach/players) but you get them like the players - as of their status today rather than in their prime. Just as you wouldn't want to take Wilt for that reason, you don't want to take Red.

How does it work with picking a coach? Do you do that as one of your draft choices? And can I draft the zombie Red Auerbach?

The selection of a coach counts as a draft pick.

I don't think we are picking dead coaches. Seems like the rule last year was that coaches had to have coached their last NBA game within the last 5 years..............I don't think you can draft a college coach who has not coached an NBA game in the last 5 tears......so that elimiates the obvious big name college coaches from the draft pool.

Edited in wait for AHF / commissioner confirmation

Edited by coachx

It does count as one of your draft choices and you choose when to take them. You can take anyone who is a coach (no coach/players) but you get them like the players - as of their status today rather than in their prime. Just as you wouldn't want to take Wilt for that reason, you don't want to take Red.

Can we take college coaches this year ?

Thank you for clarifying, but I'd take a dead zombified Red over 95% of the coaches in the NBA today! LOL