• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Remember to PM the next person and list it on your post. Nicholas has been PM'd.******Rondo was huge in the playoffs this year. Definitely a timely pick and the second UK player in a row!

Edited by AHF

With the 14th pick I select the player who is the best to build a franchise around of the players who are left (and better to build around than some already taken):The 2012 #1 pick, an 18 year old national champion: Anthony DavisA unique talent who not only blocks shots, but blocks them to his teammates twice as often as to the bleachers...and he gets blocks from anywhere on the courtLarry brown said the team who takes him wins 50 games his rookie yearMany people put him in a class with wilt and RussellA pick that will only prove better with each passing year...when we redo this draft in 5 years looking back with hindsight, he will be a top 3 pick

• Moderators

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook

11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose

12 - Buzzard - Demarcus Cousins

13 - jy23 - Rajon Rondo

14 - Nicholasp27 - Anthony Davis

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

With the 15th Pick in the 2012 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Enforcers select…

Ricky Rubio of the Minnesota Timberwolves (Age 21, 6’4”, 180 lbs)

It may be hard to roll your R’s when uttering his name. But it’s hard to find a young point guard better equipped to get your team rolling for the next ten seasons.

In 2012, teamed with Kevin Love, Rubio had his perennially bottom-dwelling Timberwolves rolling along as an 8th seed in the West before his ACL tear in March doomed Minnesota’s campaign. But his youth and international experience cannot be disregarded, as he swiftly proved capable of leading an NBA squad at both ends of the floor.

Last season, he and Chris Paul were the only two NBA point guards averaging more than 8 assists and 2 steals per contest. The former Spanish League defensive player of the year proved himself surprisingly adaptable to the defensive needs of the NBA game, not only by disrupting passing lanes and drawing charges (3rd among NBA point guards in offensive fouls drawn per game) but with aggressive rebounding (2nd among NBA point guards in defensive boards per game). Like many of his contemporary guards, Rubio will have time to work on his jumpshot, man defense, and finishing at the rim. But few guards his age are NBA-ready to set the table and set up finishers, in both halfcourt and transition situations.

coachx gets the next two bites of the apple, and is on the clock.

~lw3

• Moderators

Ricky Rubio with your 1st round pick? Very interesting considering how many other good young PGs there are out there... but he does make his teammates better.

Hurry up coach!! I'm anxious to make my next pick...

Yep! Definitely wanted a point, and had plenty of really good candidates (especially scorers that I don't need to mention) before circling around to Rubio. His numbers don't jump out across the board yet, but in the areas where you like traditional PGs to excel, the rookie's already doing pretty good, and has plenty of years ahead of him.

~lw3

Yep! Definitely wanted a point, and had plenty of really good candidates (especially scorers that I don't need to mention) before circling around to Rubio. His numbers don't jump out across the board yet, but in the areas where you like traditional PGs to excel, the rookie's already doing pretty good, and has plenty of years ahead of him.

~lw3

I wanted him as a late round sleeper in case all the all-star type PGs were gone when I pick.

You can clearly see from this draft what positions are of utmost importance... as well as being 1st and foremost on Squawkers minds.7 PGs and 4 Centers in the 1st 15 picks!

Yes the PG vs Big debate never ends on the Squawk lmao

I think it's because the Hawks have had neither for far too long...lol

Last all-star Center = MutumboLast all-star PG = DocNow how sad is that!I don't count Horford or JT they are not true PG or Center. Edited by Buzzard

Rather then reach for the 8th PG or a Center I'm taking the best young talent left on the board............in my opinion of course.Pick #16James Harden"The Bearded One" is only 22 years old but plays with the court savy of a 10 year veteran. With the exception of center, SG is the next position which lacks a deep pool of talent. Lets face it...........the best SGs in the game (other then Harden) are 30 +. In a short season or two Harden will be the best SG in the NBA.Pick #17LaMarcus AldridgeAldridge is a complete PF, with exceptional length, who is just about to enter his prime. He turns 27 in mid July. His ability to both face up and post up gives any offense an anchor to run half court sets through. He is just as versatile on defense as he is on offense.These 2 guys will be the franchise cornerstones of this team for years to come.Next guy was pm'd.

Edited by coachx

Rather then reach for the 8th PG or a Center I'm taking the best young talent left on the board............in my opinion of course.

Pick #16

James Harden

"The Bearded One" is only 22 years old but plays with the court savy of a 10 year veteran. With the exception of center, SG is the next position which lacks a deep pool of talent. Lets face it...........the best SGs in the game (other then Harden) are 30 +. In a short season or two Harden will be the best SG in the NBA.

Pick #17

LaMarcus Aldridge

Aldridge is a complete PF, with exceptional length, who is just about to enter his prime. He turns 27 in mid July. His ability to both face up and post up gives any offense an anchor to run half court sets through. He is just as versatile on defense as he is on offense.

These 2 guys will be the franchise cornerstones of this team for years to come.

Next guy was pm'd.

Good young picks who should be able to be your building blocks for years to come.

Rather then reach for the 8th PG or a Center I'm taking the best young talent left on the board............in my opinion of course.Pick #16James Harden"The Bearded One" is only 22 years old but plays with the court savy of a 10 year veteran. With the exception of center, SG is the next position which lacks a deep pool of talent. Lets face it...........the best SGs in the game (other then Harden) are 30 +. In a short season or two Harden will be the best SG in the NBA.Pick #17LaMarcus AldridgeAldridge is a complete PF, with exceptional length, who is just about to enter his prime. He turns 27 in mid July. His ability to both face up and post up gives any offense an anchor to run half court sets through. He is just as versatile on defense as he is on offense.These 2 guys will be the franchise cornerstones of this team for years to come.Next guy was pm'd.

I was hoping Aldridge would last until 21. Could you imagine a frontline of Cousins and Aldridge for the next 5 to 6 years?