• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

With the 18th Pick in the 2012 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Enforcers select…

Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies (Age 27, 7’1”, 265 lbs)

I’ve got Spain on the brain, it seems! But it would be good to pair up an up-and-coming star guard with a center possessing true size, passing savvy and defensive skills, while just entering his All-Star prime.

His All-Star selection came amidst a season in which “Hermanito” achieved career per-game highs in points, assists, steals, free throw percentage, and blocks. He’s among the few 7-footers with a decent post game and an outside shooting touch.

He stepped outside the paint more for his offense this season, cutting back on his overall field goal percentage and offensive rebounding. But he proved to be quite a weapon picking defenses apart from the high post, as his assist rate among non-guards with 35-plus minutes per game was the third-highest in the league. He topped all centers in assists per game at-the-rim, while second in assists leading to both two-point and three-point field goals.

The younger Gasol was also noted for his defense this season as well, ranking fourth among all centers in DPOY balloting while among just four centers receiving a first-place vote for the All-Defensive team. He was one of just two players ranking among the top ten centers in per-game steals, blocks, and charges drawn.

He will need some frontcourt depth to reduce his minutes and maximize his efficiency, as he appeared to wear down offensively by the time the playoffs approached in this accelerated season. A steady point guard like Rubio, himself a close friend and a teammate on past Spanish National Teams, will allow Gasol to return to the solid post play of prior seasons while helping perfect Rubio’s pick-and-roll schemes.

Nicholasp27 has been PM’d and is on the clock.

~lw3

• Moderators

I like Gasol and now I am thrilled even more that I took Cousins because Marc would not have made it to me at 21!

With the right coaching around him and some guards to feed him the ball, DMC is gonna be niiiiiice, especially in the next few years.~lw3

• Moderators

Round 217 - coachx - LaMarcus Aldridge18 - LethalWeapon3 - Marc Gasol19 - Nicholasp27 - Roy Hibbert20 - jy2321 - Buzzard22 - Alejandro0923 - Mutombolievable24 - Dolfan25 - PSSSHHHRRR8726 - Diesel27 - sultanofatl28 - AHF29 - Capstone2130 - JayBirdHawk31 - Supporter32 - DevonRound 333 - Devon34 - Supporter35 - JayBirdHawk36 - Capstone2137 - AHF38 - sultanofatl39 - Diesel40 - PSSSHHHRRR8741 - Dolfan42 - Mutombolievable43 - Alejandro0944 - Buzzard45 - jy2346 - Nicholasp2747 - LethalWeapon348 - coachx

• Admin

Rather then reach for the 8th PG or a Center I'm taking the best young talent left on the board............in my opinion of course.Pick #16James Harden"The Bearded One" is only 22 years old but plays with the court savy of a 10 year veteran. With the exception of center, SG is the next position which lacks a deep pool of talent. Lets face it...........the best SGs in the game (other then Harden) are 30 +. In a short season or two Harden will be the best SG in the NBA.Pick #17LaMarcus AldridgeAldridge is a complete PF, with exceptional length, who is just about to enter his prime. He turns 27 in mid July. His ability to both face up and post up gives any offense an anchor to run half court sets through. He is just as versatile on defense as he is on offense.These 2 guys will be the franchise cornerstones of this team for years to come.Next guy was pm'd.

Was hoping for both of them

I can't possibly pass on this guy...I had someone else in mind but didn't realize he was still on the board.With my 2nd pick The Bad News Bears select DWAYNE WADE.....I think this may give me the best defensive backcourt in the league depending on how things play out but I think Wade and Rondo r gonna be hard to beat. Wade can completely play off the ball with rondo which is somethin he's never been able to do and I believe will take away from some of that wear and tear.on his body.

• Like 3

Can someone pm buzzard for me.....my phone won't allow me to pm. Sorry for the inconvenience

Can someone pm buzzard for me.....my phone won't allow me to pm. Sorry for the inconvenience

No problem man lw3 hit me up. I will make my pick in a few minutes. DWade is a steal at 20!

This was a much tougher call than my 1st pick. With the 21st pick the Buzz take up and coming PG John Wall. We feel he is exactly the type of player we need at this point in the draft. His pass first mentality, size, and rebounding will help take our team to the next level.

With the 23rd pick we take another Hawk - JOSH J-SMOOVE SMITH. Flat out, the guys got game. Right outside of the all nba teams and snubbed again from the all-star game, Smith improved his game yet again this past offseason. I'll take 19-10-4-2 all day from my highflying PF.

• Like 1

With the 24th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects: Greg Monroe, C - 6'11" 250lb After selecting the most physical dominant and athletic PF in the game with our 1st selection, we decided to take the best remaining center with our 2nd selection. Greg Monroe just completed his 2nd season in the league and put up 15.5 points and 10 rebounds, while posting a EFF rating of 20 and a PER of 22, stats which compare favorably with the older and far more injury prone Andrew Bynum, who was taken with the 6th overall pick. Pairing the young Monroe with the young Griffin gives us one of the most physical gifted and biggest front courts in the association and we look forward to matching up with anyone in the league for the next decade.

THE DOLFAN DYNASTY
POS PLAYER Height Weight FG% 3P% FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS PER
PG                                
SG                                
SF                                
PF http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3989.pngBlake Griffin 6'10" 251 lbs .549 .125 .521 3.3 7.6 10.9 3.2 0.7 0.8 3.3 2.3 20.7 23.50
C http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4260.pngGreg Monroe 6'11" 250 lbs .521 .000 .739 3.6 6.0 9.6 2.3 0.7 1.3 2.7 2.4 15.4 22.09
  • Like 1

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook

11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose

12 - Buzzard - DeMarcus Cousins

13 - jy23 - Rajon Rondo

14 - Nicholasp27 - Anthony Davis

15 - LethalWeapon3 - Ricky Rubio

16 - coachx - James Harden

Round 2

17 - coachx - LaMarcus Aldridge

18 - LethalWeapon3 - Marc Gasol

19 - Nicholasp27 - Roy Hibbert

20 - jy23 - Dwyane Wade

21 - Buzzard - John Wall

22 - Alejandro09 - Al Horford

23 - Mutombolievable - Josh Smith

24 - Dolfan - Greg Monroe

25 - PSSSHHHRRR87

26 - Diesel

27 - sultanofatl

28 - AHF

29 - Capstone21

30 - JayBirdHawk

31 - Supporter

32 - Devon

Round 3

33 - Devon

34 - Supporter

35 - JayBirdHawk

36 - Capstone21

37 - AHF

38 - sultanofatl

39 - Diesel

40 - PSSSHHHRRR87

41 - Dolfan

42 - Mutombolievable

43 - Alejandro09

44 - Buzzard

45 - jy23

46 - Nicholasp27

47 - LethalWeapon3

48 - coachx

With the 24th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects: Greg Monroe, C - 6'11" 250lb After selecting the most physical dominant and athletic PF in the game with our 1st selection, we decided to take the best remaining center with our 2nd selection. Greg Monroe just completed his 2nd season in the league and put up 15.5 points and 10 rebounds, while posting a EFF rating of 20 and a PER of 22, stats which compare favorably with the older and far more injury prone Andrew Bynum, who was taken with the 6th overall pick. Pairing the young Monroe with the young Griffin gives us one of the most physical gifted and biggest front courts in the association and we look forward to matching up with anyone in the league for the next decade.

Great pick. Not going to be many, if any at all, franchise bigs and PGs left by the 3rd round. Its like a anti BK draft in the first two rounds so far lmao!
  • Like 2