• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 24th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:Greg Monroe, C - 6'11" 250lbAfter selecting the most physical dominant and athletic PF in the game with our 1st selection, we decided to take the best remaining center with our 2nd selection. Greg Monroe just completed his 2nd season in the league and put up 15.5 points and 10 rebounds, while posting a EFF rating of 20 and a PER of 22, stats which compare favorably with the older and far more injury prone Andrew Bynum, who was taken with the 6th overall pick. Pairing the young Monroe with the young Griffin gives us one of the most physical gifted and biggest front courts in the association and we look forward to matching up with anyone in the league for the next decade.

Love it. I actually had an entire write up about Monroe and right before I hit post I said nope, gotta go with Smoove.
  • Like 1

Love it. I actually had an entire write up about Monroe and right before I hit post I said nope, gotta go with Smoove.

I am with you on Monroe being in my thoughts. You have no idea how close I was to taking Monroe and pairing him along side Cousins to form a twin towers duo.

And we thank you for it sir! Since I already had my PF I don't know that I could have taken Smoove and probably would have had to go in a different direction.

I am with you on Monroe being in my thoughts. You have no idea how close I was to taking Monroe and pairing him along side Cousins to form a twin towers duo.

Shew! Glad you let him go!

Great pick. Not going to be many, if any at all, franchise bigs and PGs left by the 3rd round. Its like a anti BK draft in the first two rounds so far lmao!

Since the elite PGs and elite players are gone I just had to go BPA and felt that Monroe was right there and he's young too. Both he and Griffin are only going into their 3rd years in the league next year so they should form a really solid pair.

I wanted horford and Monroe but decided to get a legit 7'er to pair with davisI didn't want 2 pf/c playersGreat picks and we are almost out of quality bigs

I'm glad you did too because I wouldn't have taken Hibbert this high. He's got legit size for sure but I just don't have confidence in him wanting to get better and being consistent. Plus I felt that Monroe is close enough to 7' and he's likely to be the top option in Detroit whereas Hibbert probably wont be anytime soon with the Pacers talent level.

• Moderators

Damn, missed out on Horfy and Monroe? Damn... Oh well, and I can't believe this guy hasn't been picked yet, but...

With the 25th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather selects:

Carmelo Anthony, F

Making this pick because Deron can't score all of the points. One of the purest scorers in the game, he can light it up from any spot on the floor. Can be a defensive liability, but if I can find good defense coming from the 4 and 5, it shouldn't be a problem.

My starting lineup so far:

C - ?????

PF - ?????

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - ?????

PG - Deron Williams

Diesel has been PM'd.

• Like 1

Damn, missed out on Horfy and Monroe? Damn... Oh well, and I can't believe this guy hasn't been picked yet, but...

With the 25th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather selects:

Carmelo Anthony, F

Making this pick because Deron can't score all of the points. One of the purest scorers in the game, he can light it up from any spot on the floor. Can be a defensive liability, but if I can find good defense coming from the 4 and 5, it shouldn't be a problem.

C - ?????

PF - ?????

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - ?????

PG - Deron Williams

Diesel has been PM'd.

I definitely thought about taking him and he's great value here! Will he play up to his ability while being paired with a ball dominant all star PG?

• Moderators

I definitely thought about taking him and he's great value here! Will he play up to his ability while being paired with a ball dominant all star PG?

I believe so. Remember Deron averaged 10 assists per game last year on a team with not a whole lot of talent outside of player x, who was injured most of the year. With Carmelo on the team, that assist total should rise to 12-13 APG and his points should stay around the same. Deron is a playmaker and looks to get his teammates involved. I believe the reason he is consider "ball-dominant" is because he has played for subpar teams without a whole lot of help his whole career. With help on the offensive end, he'll get his and Carmelo will as well. I see Carmelo at about 26 PPG and Deron at 18 PPG.

• Moderators

I believe so. Remember Deron averaged 10 assists per game last year on a team with not a whole lot of talent outside of player x, who was injured most of the year. With Carmelo on the team, that assist total should rise to 12-13 APG and his points should stay around the same. Deron is a playmaker and looks to get his teammates involved. I believe the reason he is consider "ball-dominant" is because he has played for subpar teams without a whole lot of help his whole career. With help on the offensive end, he'll get his and Carmelo will as well. I see Carmelo at about 26 PPG and Deron at 18 PPG.

Oops...Sorry on the player-naming slip...I'll try to be on my best behavoir from now on... lol

To Dolf's point, I think it's less about Deron and more about how Melo will adjust his game to having a legit PG who has the ball. Melo is ball-dominat so it will be interesting.

To Dolf's point, I think it's less about Deron and more about how Melo will adjust his game to having a legit PG who has the ball. Melo is ball-dominat so it will be interesting.

Yep that's kinda my thought on it. Not so much Deron but Carmelo having to adjust to not controlling the ball.

• Moderators

I see what you are saying... May be the reason Melo and... uggghhh... unnameable player y didn't work. Both need the ball to be effective. But as I was saying, on my team, Deron's APG totals will rise with Carmelo on the team. Deron won't have to carry a team like he did in Utah/New Jersey. Deron may have to take a back seat to Carmelo in some games to make this work, but when Carmelo is having an off-game, it's nice to have Deron to back him up... haha, just realized I drafted my #1 option in the 2nd round and my #2 option in the 1st... lol

Carmelo Anthony, F

C - ?????

PF - ?????

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - ?????

PG - Deron Williams

Diesel has been PM'd.

I knew Melo would not last much longer. Every team needs a guy they can go to when the offense stagnates. Melo is certainly that kind of player. Edited by Buzzard

I see what you are saying... May be the reason Melo and... uggghhh... unnameable player y didn't work. Both need the ball to be effective. But as I was saying, on my team, Deron's APG totals will rise with Carmelo on the team. Deron won't have to carry a team like he did in Utah/New Jersey. Deron may have to take a back seat to Carmelo in some games to make this work, but when Carmelo is having an off-game, it's nice to have Deron to back him up... haha, just realized I drafted my #1 option in the 2nd round and my #2 option in the 1st... lol

Only problem with your premise is that Melo doesn't get set up for a lot of shots thereby getting his PG assists... simply because he likes to get the ball and go ISO Melo. But you should be fine and you have 2 elite scorers now! Melo is terrific value this late.