• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

And that would give the next drafter until 2pm tomorrow to make their pick, right? At this rate it'll be the 4th of July before we start the 2nd round LOL

It really depends on the regular posters. Most of us are on at least twice a day and for me sometimes keeping tabs all day long from work ;)

It really depends on the regular posters. Most of us are on at least twice a day and for me sometimes keeping tabs all day long from work Posted Image

Haha same here! If I'm at a stop light I'll check Hawksquawk on my phone, or if I'm laying in bed watching TV at night I will get on the phone to check as well. I can't even fathom how much time I actually spend on this site but I know that my boss must appreciate it!

• Moderators

And that would give the next drafter until 2pm tomorrow to make their pick, right? At this rate it'll be the 4th of July before we start the 2nd round LOL

That's right, 4pm EST [/eastcoastbias]. I'm thinking more like Bastille Day.~lw3

That's right, 4pm EST [/eastcoastbias]. I'm thinking more like Bastille Day.~lw3

I was wondering where you were getting 4PM but I didn't realize that the remaining time from the night before counted towards the 8 hours that you have to make a pick. Hopefully Hustler won't make us wait until then...

Haha same here! If I'm at a stop light I'll check Hawksquawk on my phone, or if I'm laying in bed watching TV at night I will get on the phone to check as well. I can't even fathom how much time I actually spend on this site but I know that my boss must appreciate it!

I don't use my phone but I am at my desk all day working from my PC.

• Admin

Well with the third pick...Capstone's Crew selects Chris Paul. Best point guard in the league...Paul is a special kind of player. He is a pass first guard who makes his teams and his teammates better. He made New Orleans a contender and when he left he turned the Clippers into a dominant team. He is the total package both on offense and defense. His ability to break down the opposing team and find the open player is amazing. He is a leader with a great attitude who is hungry to win.

• Moderators

With the fourth pick, the AHF U-Niques select the NBA's best big man:

Dwight Howard.

This is a pick where talent and scarcity combine. We were thinking about taking another player at #5 if Dwight was gone even though he wasn't as talented as other available talent because there is so little depth at center and too many picks until we went again. We were therefore trying to trade up to grab Dwight because he represented not only a great piece for a balanced team but also represented the best player available as a 6 time All-NBA player who has been first team All-NBA for five consecutive years despite being only 26 years old. We'll admit it - this isn't a grand strategy coming together because no one bit on the trade offers -- it is a gift...but we aren't going to look this gift horse in the mouth. We will enjoy this big man for the next decade and promise to surround him with more talent than Oris Smith did!

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Both sultanofatl and Hustler (again) have been PM'd.

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - Hustler - ??

4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel -

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87

9 - Dolfan

10 - Mutombolievable

11 - Alejandro09

12 - Buzzard

13 - jy23

14 - Nicholasp27

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

Edited by AHF

• Admin

With the fourth pick, the AHF U-Niques select the NBA's best big man:

Dwight Howard.

This is a pick where talent and scarcity combine. We were thinking about taking another player at #5 if Dwight was gone even though he wasn't as talented as other available talent because there is so little depth at center and too many picks until we went again. We were therefore trying to trade up to grab Dwight because he represented not only a great piece for a balanced team but also represented the best player available as a 6 time All-NBA player who has been first team All-NBA for five consecutive years despite being only 26 years old. We'll admit it - this isn't a grand strategy coming together because no one bit on the trade offers -- it is a gift...but we aren't going to look this gift horse in the mouth. We will enjoy this big man for the next decade and promise to surround him with more talent than Oris Smith did!

I went back and forth between Paul and Howard. I even had a write up for Howard. I just love quality pass first point guards who makes their teammates better.

Of course they do.

Okay then my first choice is injured for a portion of next season..........so with the 5th pick THE SOUTHERN BRED select:

Andrew Bynum-

AHF hit the nail on the head. There is a lack of talent at this position and once you get past the last two players taken the quality drops off significantly. If Dwight is the best Center in the league, Bynum is his heir apparent. He can score and defend well.

Tried to PM Diesel, but it says he can't receive new messages.

Edited by sultanofatl

• Moderators

REMEMBER TO PM THE PERSON AFTER YOU AND TO NOTE THAT IN YOUR POST

Diesel has been PM'd (along with Hustler and Hustler's potential replacement) - Diesel has until 5:38 p.m. EST to make his pick before the next guy is on the clock.

On the draft -

Bynum was the guy I was seriously considering (of course). His injury history scares me a little and his productivity doesn't quite match up to several players, but from a team building perspective there are going to be a lot of people who end up without a real center and are at a disadvantage. I don't think that concern is as significant for any other position. It certainly has risk, but I like the pick.

Edited by AHF

• Admin

AHF hit the nail on the head. There is a lack of talent at this position and once you get past the last two players taken the quality drops off significantly. If Dwight is the best Center in the league, Bynum is his heir apparent. He can score and defend well.

It is true that there are very few dominant centers now but I don't think it is a center league anymore.