• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

It is true that there are very few dominant centers now but I don't think it is a center league anymore.

I agree, but you can find equal to sufficient talent to match up with guys at all most every other position. Dwight and Andrew stand miles apart from their contemporaries.

• Moderators

How long before we give Hustler's spot to the replacement?

5:00 p.m. today. Both Hustler and JayBird have been PM'd with this. Edited by AHF

• Moderators

I'll be ready and waiting in the wings at 5:01 to make my selection. Would I need to PM anyone after?

No. That will be up to Diesel to do after he makes his pick or for the next person to jump in once the time expires. People can PM the next person if time expires as well but that isn't specific to you.

I agree, but you can find equal to sufficient talent to match up with guys at all most every other position. Dwight and Andrew stand miles apart from their contemporaries.

I knew D12 would not last until 16 but was holding out hope Bynum would. Now that Bynum is gone my choices/options will be tough but plentiful.

• Premium Member

The Atlanta Ganstaslappas pick.....

Kevin Love = PF/C

26 ppg. 13.3 rpg. 45% from the field.

6'10" 260 but I believe he lost some weight.

The main point. A low post player that can score the ball. He can also hit from outside. (.372 3 pt%). He's versatile enough to play PF or C.

Love got no MVP love.. but he's got Ganstaslappa LOVE!!!!

• Moderators

With the 8th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather select:

Deron Williams, PG

A playmaking point guard with scoring ability. A true 20 points, 10 assist player. A guy that looks to get his teammates involved and plays well enough on the defensive end. He will be the floor general for my team, and, when necessary, will take over a game in an instant and get us those clutch points.

Love is a nice pick. Probably the best PF in the game right now

Well that is part of the process. Who knows what my team will look like after the last pick? Bynum by himself is not a fix-all. But, I honestly don't see who one might select after my choice that is a hands down better choice. Edited by sultanofatl

• Admin

With the 8th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather select:

Deron Williams, PG

A playmaking point guard with scoring ability. A true 20 points, 10 assist player. A guy that looks to get his teammates involved and plays well enough on the defensive end. He will be the floor general for my team, and, when necessary, will take over a game in an instant and get us those clutch points.

I think that is a great pick at 8
  • Like 1

• Admin

Well that is part of the process. Who knows what my team will look like after the last pick? Bynum by himself is not a fix-all. But, I honestly don't see who one might select after my choice that is a hands down better choice.

Definitely!It also might be because I am not a Bynum fan :)

• Moderators

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - Hustler - ??

4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan

10 - Mutombolievable

11 - Alejandro09

12 - Buzzard

13 - jy23

14 - Nicholasp27

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

With the 9th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Blake Griffin, PF - 6'10" 250lb man child

We wanted someone who could not only fill up the stat sheet as well as possible, but also someone who would put butts in the seat. Blake had an excellent season this year and after only 2 full seasons in the league we still believe he is rising and with another year to develop with Chris Paul should be able to be among the very best players in the league next year.

We strongly considered[PLAYER] here, but with his injury uncertainty we felt that this was too much of a risk for our fledgling franchise to take.

* [PLAYER] was also a consideration but he was unwilling to sign the don't be a douche bag clause that we wanted to insert in his contract.

Edited by AHF

Mutombolievable has been PM'd

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

3 - Hustler - ??

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable

11 - Alejandro09

12 - Buzzard

13 - jy23

14 - Nicholasp27

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

Stepping in for Hustler(it's 5:01PM), with the 3rd pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Kyrie Irving, PG

As a rookie he averaged 18.5 ppg, 5.4 apg and 3.7 rpg and shot 46% on 2-pts and 40% (well 39.99%) on 3’s. He is a leader and a player to build around now and for the future. He is in the CP3 mold but bigger and stronger at 6’-3” and 195lbs. He is the main facilitator, a shot maker and a go-to-guy and he is one funny dude (see Uncle Drew).

Stepping in for Hustler(it's 5:01PM), with the 3rd pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Kyrie Irving, PG

As a rookie he averaged 18.5 ppg, 5.4 apg and 3.7 rpg and shot 46% on 2-pts and 40% (well 39.99%) on 3’s. He is a leader and a player to build around now and for the future. He is in the CP3 mold but bigger and stronger at 6’-3” and 195lbs. He is the main facilitator, a shot maker and a go-to-guy and he is one funny dude (see Uncle Drew).

Great pick, should be able to build around him for the long term quite nicely!

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

3 - JaybirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable

11 - Alejandro09