• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Just remember...College Coaches with the exception of Larry Brown have never really translated into a good NBA coach. It is just a different game.

That is why it mystifies me that anyone would want to spend huge dollars and control on any college coach jumping to the NBA - especially one that owed much of his success to being an elite recruiter.

That is why it mystifies me that anyone would want to spend huge dollars and control on any college coach jumping to the NBA - especially one that owed much of his success to being an elite recruiter.

There really is only one guy that comes to mind..................

I don't think coach K would be a great NBA coach either

Really ?He has been the head coach of Team USA for how long now ?Coach Pop is his assistant...............I don't know that there are many guys out there who Pop would play 2nd fiddle too. Edited by coachx

• Admin

USA is different then managing an NBA team day in and day out. Players put their egos aside and play. Plus the Olympics is closer to college type play then NBA. I think Coach K is an awesome coach (even though I dislike Duke) but the NBA is where the players have the control, the egos, the money, the type of game, the corporate business. Its a star game that is more isolation and one on one.College...the coach is running the show and the type of game is different. It is a game more about fundamentals.Its nothing to do with how good a coach you are. The same is true for College football to Pro. The coaches just don't translate.

• Moderators

USA is different then managing an NBA team day in and day out. Players put their egos aside and play. Plus the Olympics is closer to college type play then NBA.

Very different circumstances when you get to pick from the best talent pool in the world and can turn down any egos that you don't want to deal with (i.e., the Olympics). No NBA coach gets that luxury. I don't know whether K would succeed or not in the NBA, but I do know that he is better in the NCAAs where (like the Olympics) he gets to cherry pick his superior talent (actually he works hard to recruit those players but the point goes to the fact that it isn't a level playing field) and has ultimate authority over his team and program. Very few college coaches successfully make that transition. Personally, I would look to the Big Ten if I was forced to hire a particular college coach. I just know I would be throwing that $5M/year or whatever at a proven NBA coach before I went with a college guy.

• Moderators

Supporter is officially on the clock this morning. He has 8 hours to make his pick or by 3:00 p.m. EST. At the earlier of that time or the time he makes his pick, we will be on to pick 3 and rolling. Good luck everyone!

(Supporter has been PM'd again.)

Sorry about the delay.

LEBRON JAMES

The greatest physical specimen of our generation makes any team that he is on a contender. He has shown that with the right pieces around him he can go to the NBA Finals. This is his third go around this year, and he has a very good chance of getting his first ring.

Points,rebounds,assists,blocks,steals...you name it, Lebron does it. The greatest all around player of this decade will help my team win championships.

Edited by Supporter

• Moderators

So Hustler has until 7:56 to make his pick?

Right.

You'd have to take on a late round pick as well to balance them out. What #'s are your 2nd and 3rd picks?

Supporter picks second so his picks are #31 and #34 for rounds 2 and 3.

• Moderators

I hope he shows.............he has been a member for less then a year with only 12 total post.

If he/she doesn't, the replacement is already lined up since we had at least one person ask after the deadline passed. Hopefully, everyone will participate without any problems, though.