• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 10th pick The Wagging Right Index Fingers select:RUSSELL WESTBROOKCouldn't be more excited about having the All-NBAer as the backbone of our team. Russell is a 23 year old athletic freak who plays with just as much if not more energy and heart as anyone in the league. He came out of school as a 2 and is now one of the most dynamic PG's in the game. Russell has also NEVER missed a game in a league in which that is extremely uncommon. When we talked to Russell earlier he let us know that he was excited to run like hell and literally fly around the basketball court for years to come.PM'd Alejandro

Edited by Mutombolievable

Last year I recall one GM took Westbrook around #15 and Love around #20, as their franchise cornerstones.Now they both go in the top 10 this year. I think that GM needs a raise :^)

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

When do we pick a coach or do we?

You should pick a coach with your next pick. Otherwise someone might steal your coach. It's like making sure you get a kicker early on in a football fantasy draft.

Some fools will probably wait until the end of this draft to take a coach but you'll be way ahead of them JayBird Posted Image

You should pick a coach with your next pick. Otherwise someone might steal your coach. It's like making sure you get a kicker early on in a football fantasy draft.

Some fools will probably wait until the end of this draft to take a coach but you'll be way ahead of them JayBird Posted Image

Somehow I don't believe u Dolf...I'm new to this, help me.

Nevermind, I went back and read the original rules and I do get a coach...I haven't figured out when I'll select said coach but definitely not with my 2nd pick...Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

When you discuss your picks on this thread, remember not to discuss players who haven't been picked yet [cough...Dolfan....cough]. We want to avoid influencing future picks and/or alerting people to someone that might have otherwise overlooked.

Things look like they are picking up steam!

Edited by AHF

When you discuss your picks on this thread, remember not to discuss players who haven't been picked yet [cough...Dolfan....cough]. We want to avoid influencing future picks and/or alerting people to someone that might have otherwise overlooked.

Things look like they are picking up steam!

Doh! Sorry about that. I thought I read that was ok this draft... but I've read so many rules or suggestions for/against rules for this draft that I'm bound to forget some of them.

Somehow I don't believe u Dolf...I'm new to this, help me.

Nevermind, I went back and read the original rules and I do get a coach...I haven't figured out when I'll select said coach but definitely not with my 2nd pick...Posted Image

Hey wait a minute now Jay! Do you really think I would steer you wrong?? I don't want to get in trouble with AHF but there's a certain coach of the NY Knicks that may or may not be available to draft wink wink.

Hey wait a minute now Jay! Do you really think I would steer you wrong?? I don't want to get in trouble with AHF but there's a certain coach of the NY Knicks that may or may not be available to draft wink wink.

He's all yours....wink, wink.

With the 11th pick in the draft Put the Ball in the Darn Basket selects DERRICK ROSE.I've taken injured players before in other drafts (damn you Brandon Roy) but I suspect that this torn ACL will not ruin the rest of Derrick's career. He's going to be one of the top 4 players in the league along with Lebron, KD, and Dwight for years to come and a absolute steal at 11. I can still draft a team to be competitive for the first half of the year while he rehabs his knee and have him come back to be the man of the NBA for years to come.Buzzard will be notified.

Edited by alejandro09

• Moderators

Round 1

1 - Devon - Kevin Durant

2 - Supporter - Lebron James

3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul

5 - AHF - Dwight Howard

6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum

7 - Diesel - Kevin Love

8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams

9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin

10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook

11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose

12 - Buzzard

13 - jy23

14 - Nicholasp27

15 - LethalWeapon3

16 - coachx

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

With the 12th pick in the draft the Buzz selects DeMarcus Cousins. Best young big man to come along since Bynum and quite possibly he will end up better as he matures.

Simple pick really. There are only three true centers in the NBA and I just took the last one.

With the 13th pick the Bad News Bears select RAJON RONDO True point guard if I ever seen one, has the fire to lead a team no matter who he's playing with. Demands respect from his teammates and is a firecracker on the floor. Defense is stellar along with everything else he brings to the table. I think this pick sets us up nicely moving on in the draft.