2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Damn, missed out on Horfy and Monroe? Damn... Oh well, and I can't believe this guy hasn't been picked yet, but...

With the 25th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather selects:

Carmelo Anthony, F

Making this pick because Deron can't score all of the points. One of the purest scorers in the game, he can light it up from any spot on the floor. Can be a defensive liability, but if I can find good defense coming from the 4 and 5, it shouldn't be a problem.

My starting lineup so far:

C - ?????

PF - ?????

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - ?????

PG - Deron Williams

Diesel has been PM'd.

Really wish I didn't drink 1,000 beers last night and not even think of Melo when I saw it was my turn to draft this morning. Maybe I wouldn't have forgotten about one of the elite offensive players in the league. Oh well, not sure if I would have gone with him anyway. Edited by Mutombolievable

Hibbert improved a ton last season so he is def improving and showing that desire to get better...he is consistent as wellAnd I don't care if he's not top option...I'm gonna have a team of all-stars...only one ball to go around

Statistically he hasn't improved much so its hard to quantify that statement. What I meant by looking at him not being top option goes to what his real stats will look like this year vs other centers who are a higher offensive priority on their real team. That may make him less attractive to voters at the end of the season when we review teams. Assuming that's how the season works of course. In real life I'd love to have Hibbert on our team. In fantasy though I'd rather have the better offensive player.

Really wish I didn't drink 1,000 beers last night and not even think of Melo when I saw it was my turn to draft this morning. Maybe I wouldn't have forgotten about one of the elite offensive players in the league. Oh well, not sure if I would have gone with him anyway.

At least you can say you forgot him and that you didn't intentionally pass him up. You're not the guy who took a center over the most gifted all around scorer in the league.

At least you can say you forgot him and that you didn't intentionally pass him up. You're not the guy who took a center over the most gifted all around scorer in the league.

...But... I took Durant. j/k

...But... I took Durant. j/k

Haha well Durant is the better player and better shooter but Carmelo is the best or close to the best at scoring from every "grid position" on the floor. That's what I mean about all around scorer.

Statistically he hasn't improved much so its hard to quantify that statement.

He doubled his winshares/48 and increased his reb/36 and increased his fg% a good amountAlso raised his orating from 101 to 109 which is big and lowered drating from 104 to 101 which is also bigAlso increased his per over 3 points to 19.3 in under 30mpg Edited by Nicholasp27

• Premium Member

Ok. This was a very hard choice because I have many wants still on the board. Moreover, it was Hard to choose over some of the other guys left but I have a plan. The Atlanta GanstaSlappas Select...

TY LAWSON.

I needed a PG and he was a good choice. I watched him manhandle the Lakers... He's a good shooter. He's a good defender. He's YOUNG. Lawson is in my opinion the quickest PG in the game right now. He also brings a lot to the table as far as BBIQ. I'm believing that this is his time and his team to shine.

He doubled his winshares/48 and increased his reb/36 and increased his fg% a good amountAlso raised his orating from 101 to 109 which is big and lowered drating from 104 to 101 which is also bigAlso increased his per over 3 points to 19.3 in under 30mpg

In terms of real basketball he's improved in areas that aren't transparent. What I'm talking about are points, rebounds, blocks etc where he's not shown much improvement. I just don't think people will notice win shares and offensive and defensive ratings. Anyway its just really personal preference and for me I expect a bigger season out of Monroe due to various factors.

My badChange it to 16 pgs and 32 bigs then

I have not read the last 3 or 4 pages of the thread...................just making sure I didn't miss something.Its been a fun draft so far. Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I have not read the last 3 or 4 pages of the thread...................just making sure I didn't miss something.Its been a fun draft so far.

That's what I have been thinking... i have been logging in to the Squawk more than usual just to check up on this thread... Glad I participated.

• Moderators

Ok. This was a very hard choice because I have many wants still on the board. Moreover, it was Hard to choose over some of the other guys left but I have a plan. The Atlanta GanstaSlappas Select...

TY LAWSON.

I needed a PG and he was a good choice. I watched him manhandle the Lakers... He's a good shooter. He's a good defender. He's YOUNG. Lawson is in my opinion the quickest PG in the game right now. He also brings a lot to the table as far as BBIQ. I'm believing that this is his time and his team to shine.

Did you PM the next drafter?

I wanted to go so many directions, but then I just said keep it simple stupid..........so with my next pick The Southern Bred select.......Kobe Bryanta little long in the tooth, but this guy is still a first team all nba superstar......I will PM AHF.

• Premium Member

I wanted to go so many directions, but then I just said keep it simple stupid..........so with my next pick The Southern Bred select.......Kobe Bryanta little long in the tooth, but this guy is still a first team all nba superstar......I will PM AHF.

I was on that same fence. He's been in for 15 years. However, Still Kobe.

Sultan a closet Lakers fan??
  • Like 1