• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Excellent value to get an MVP candidate here. He should have 2 years of prime ball left and at least another couple of years of quality ball after that.I was really considering Drafting either Parker or Wade, to pair with Aldrige, with picks #16 and #17........but in the end settled on Harden.

I don't think you could have gone wrong with any of those 3. Parker was my top PG left after Paul, Williams, Rose, Westbrook and Rondo while Wade and Harden were right there with Kobe for my top SGs. After your pick, you weren't going to get anyone at that level for either of the guard positions.

Try #2:

The U-Niques select the other 2nd team All-NBA point guard in:

TONY PARKER

Parker is a final's MVP and led the Spurs to the best regular season record in the NBA this year. As the last 20 something among the Spur's big three, Parker has taken on an increasing role in recent years and averaged a nice 18 and 8 this season. Parker is outstanding on both ends of the floor and will fit in nicely with any package of players we add to the mix.

Other players were considered, but nobody available on the board brought the complete package that Parker does.

PG: Tony Parker

C: Dwight Howard

You sure you don't want to draft Deron or Paul here?? They're both better PGs than Parker LOL.
  • Like 1

I don't think you could have gone wrong with any of those 3. Parker was my top PG left after Paul, Williams, Rose, Westbrook and Rondo while Wade and Harden were right there with Kobe for my top SGs. After your pick, you weren't going to get anyone at that level for either of the guard positions.

'

I have Kobe (turns 34 this summer) behind Wade (30) and Harden (22) due to a significant age difference.

Edited by coachx

'I have Kobe (turns 34 this summer) behind Wade (30) and Harden (22) due to a significant age difference.

And Kobe has probably played more minutes of basketball than any player currently in the NBA.

Just for that, I am changing my pick to Blake Griffin! lol

Just for that, I'll give you Greg Monroe + my coach who's gonna be extra goody for D12 & Tony Parker!

• Admin

With the next selection in the draft Capstone's Crew selects:

Al Jefferson

Probably the best post player in the game Al brings scoring and rebounding to our team. Pairing him with Paul should provide a great one - two inside / outside punch. He has been consistent his whole career and Paul will only make him that much better.

Al Jefferson

Probably the best post player in the game Al brings scoring and rebounding to our team. Pairing him with Paul should provide a great one - two inside / outside punch. He has been consistent his whole career and Paul will only make him that much better.

Excellent value here! I seriously considered him at 24 before deciding on Monroe.

Try #2:

TONY PARKER

Parker is a final's MVP and led the Spurs to the best regular season record in the NBA this year. As the last 20 something among the Spur's big three, Parker has taken on an increasing role in recent years and averaged a nice 18 and 8 this season. Parker is outstanding on both ends of the floor and will fit in nicely with any package of players we add to the mix.

Other players were considered, but nobody available on the board brought the complete package that Parker does.

Parker is another late 2nd round steal. Its funny to watch this draft and compare it to a fantasy draft. So many 1st tier players are being passed on due to age I am assuming ( its for sure why I passed on Kobe and Parker for my guard pick ). Hopefully my late 3rd will have some great value as well. Howard and Parker is a heck of a duo. Edited by Buzzard

Al Jefferson

Yes he is 20 and 10 solid/consistent all day.

• Premium Member

Try #2:

TONY PARKER

I went through the same process. It was either Parker for his experience or Lawson for his Potential.

• Admin

Try #2:

TONY PARKER

Honestly I like Parker with Howard more then Westbrook. Westbrook is a really good player but he is a terrible point guard. He does not look to get others involved but more for his own shot. He is really a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Howard is better suited to a guy who will get him the ball in the post.

I went through the same process. It was either Parker for his experience or Lawson for his Potential.

Yeah I'm still not happy that you took Lawson this early! He's my favorite PG to use on the Hawks in 2k12 and I wanted him on this team also.

• Moderators

Honestly I like Parker with Howard more then Westbrook. Westbrook is a really good player but he is a terrible point guard. He does not look to get others involved but more for his own shot. He is really a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Howard is better suited to a guy who will get him the ball in the post.

I was going back and forth for a few minutes between the two because Westbrook's lack of playmaking makes me nervous but his age, defense and productivity led me to go for him when I mistakenly thought both were on the board. It didn't take me long once I got back online and was alerted to my error by about 5 people to fix that mistake and fill my lead guard role with Parker. Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Al Jefferson

Nice pick... was hoping he would fall some more to me... definitely the best post player in the league right now.

Yeah I'm still not happy that you took Lawson this early! He's my favorite PG to use on the Hawks in 2k12 and I wanted him on this team also.

lol at this. I don't play 2k12 but still find it funny.

With the 30th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select the 2011-2012 NBA Defensive Player of the Year:

Tyson Chandler - C (7'-0”, 240lbs, Age-29 years)

He will be the heart and soul and anchor to our defense with his hustle and intensity. He is a defensive ace, stopping penetration at the rim and erasing any defensive miscues by his teammates. In the post he matches up well on defense against any other center in the league. On offense he won’t be called on to score very much, but he has good hands and runs the floor well to get passes from Kryie for easy baskets.

• Premium Member

I really like his potential. Him and Tony Parker was even steven. So I went with Youth and the fact that he's less injured than Parker. Parker also needs to stay out of Bar Fights. I don't know what they do in France, but over here, that kinda stuff can get you shot.