• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Kanter and Garnett are 16 years apart - I did paternity testing before the pick was made based on our anti-nepotism policy. I can't publicly share the results but I would say that after many hours of serious work we resolved any complications that may have arisen from those results.

Anything's possible...~kg

You never know... Billy Knight might be amongst us!((Checks for teams with eight 6'9" guys))~lw3

BK is drafting as a imposter here......No wonder I could not get a decent SF after round 3!
  • Like 1

With the 126th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

George Hill, SG - 6’-2”, 180lbs

He does a little bit of everything, the great thing about him is that he's a very good all around basketball player, he's a tenacious defender, he can score, he can run, he's a good passer, he knows how to play and he's really a team guy. He is a combo guard and can back up Kyrie or play next to him in a smaller line-up.

Supporter has been PM'd

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I pick Lou WilliamsSweet Lou was the sixers leading scorer in the regular season last year. He will be a good back up pg to Goran and offers a more scoring style of play.PG: Goran Dragic/Lou WilliamsSG: Joe JohnsonSF: Lebron JamesPF: Pau Gasol/ Ersan IllyasovaC: Nene/ Nikola PekovicDevon has been pm'ed

Edited by Supporter

With the last pick in the 8th round we at THE YOUTH MOVEMENT are ecstatic to add swingman

DORRELL WRIGHT

At 6'9"and with a decent career average from 3, Wright is just the player we need to provide a spark off of the bench with our 2nd unit. Welcome DW to the Movement!!!

With the 1st pick of the 9th round... We at THE YOUTH MOVEMENT are again ecstatic to add some amazing depth to our squad in the form of Point Guard (and returning member to my squad)

DARREN COLLISON

PG - Kyle Lowry / Darren Collison

SG - Tyreke Evans / Jordan Crawford

SF - Kevin Durant / Dorrell Wright

PF - Chris Bosh

C - Serge Ibaka / Andre Drummond

With my next pick, I decided to go young at the Center position with an eye to the future, so with the 131st pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Meyers Leonard, C - 7’-1”, 250lbs

Fluid, athletic 7-footer with developing all-around skills ... Excellent length on a good frame that will be capable of supporting more muscle ... Quick off his feet ... Strong body-control for a big ... Easy alley-oop target ... Explosiveness helps him blow by slower post players in transition ... Good offensive awareness ... Talented passer with good court-vision ... Does a lot of damage in the post at this level ... Willing to wrestle for good position near the block ... Uses his agility well to get around the rim, and is a quality finisher due to his athleticism ... Becoming a better outside shooter, and is dangerous when left alone from 12-18 feet ... Nice touch from the free-throw line; shouldn't be a liability there in the future ... Defends with his body more than his hands ... Protects the rim well on defense ... Blocks a lot of shots ... Smart help-defender ... Gets his hands on a lot of rebounds, and is aware enough to tip-out to teammates when he can't corral one himself ... Usually does a good job of finding somebody to box-out whenever a shot goes up. He needs to add some muscle but he has time. Hopefully he adds to his defense by learning from Tyson.

PG – Kyrie Irving

SG - Marshon Brooks/George Hill

SF – Kawhi Leonard/Thaddeus Young

PF- Dirk Nowitski/Kris Humphries

C – Tyson Chandler/Meyers Leonard

Some very good value here with Collison / Wright as back-to-back picks.Lou Williams can light it up and play some D off the bench.Thornton is also excellent as a shooter off the bench and could easily start if needed.I don't like the Leonard pick but that's only because I don't like Leonard and think he'll be a bust in the NBA.