• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott - Discuss

AHF

• Premium Member

Kyle Korver isn't much of a defender, rebounder or passer either and he's made a decent career for himself. He's taller than Jenkins so big for a SG but he plays a lot of minutes at SF where he's undersized and overmatched physically. If Jenkins can match what Korver is able to do (8-10 points on efficient shooting with 15-20 mpg) then I'll be plenty happy with him as JJ's backup.

Korver might be my least favorite player in the NBA so the comparison is a good one but for the wrong reasons. The Bulls get killed when Korver is on the court and I'm afraid the same will happen to us. He's one of those players they call "instant offense for both teams" like Cuttino Mobley and Kyle Korver.

• Moderators

The problem is posters build up these guys like they are guaranteed Allstars even tho they get drafted in the late 40s or not at all...so they get pissed because we passed on a 'sure thing future Allstar'

I was pissed we passed on people who I think could be important parts of our rotation next season and because he doesn't profile as someone who will be much better than he is today 3 years from now. Hope I am wrong on that.

Kyle Korver isn't much of a defender, rebounder or passer either and he's made a decent career for himself. He's taller than Jenkins so big for a SG but he plays a lot of minutes at SF where he's undersized and overmatched physically. If Jenkins can match what Korver is able to do (8-10 points on efficient shooting with 15-20 mpg) then I'll be plenty happy with him as JJ's backup.

Eddie House and Damon Jones seem like more comparable players.

Jenkins is a scorer as well. He is not strictly a shooter like Korver or Kapono. He's a J.J. Redick type.

Eddie House and Damon Jones seem like more comparable players.

Del Curry, Aaron Afflalo.....his similarity score is actually closest to Afflalo, who is an underrated efficient scorer in a league that overvalues volume shooting.

Del Curry, Aaron Afflalo.....his similarity score is actually closest to Afflalo, who is an underrated efficient scorer in a league that overvalues volume shooting.

Oh, he's a good defender as well? (sarcasm) Edited by APE

Reddick is more athletic and a better defender.

When J.J. was at Duke, Jenkins is just as good. J.J. now is much better than J.J. out of Duke.

J.J. and Jenkins athletically aren't much different out of college.

Jenkins tested better than Redick.

When J.J. was at Duke, Jenkins is just as good. J.J. now is much better than J.J. out of Duke.

Redick was faster in the agility and sprint drills but he was also 20 pounds lighter. Jenkins is a lot stronger and actually has a 5" wingspan advantage, even though he's .5" shorter and basically has the same reach.