• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott - Discuss

AHF

Sports illustrated had him as most underrated draft pick in an article last weekendHe fell due to ankle but it checks out medically and he had a great season after the surgeryScott machado went UNDRAFTED so we can still sign him as well if he is as good a prospect as joker thinks he isGMs don't seem to agree since nobody drafted him but hopefully we can at least bring him to summer league

meh...........kinda weak pick.he won't replace smoove or horf, no way this pick could ever preclude to a trade of one of those two. wouldn't see him as ever having a chance to start, least not on a playoff team. so i guess he replaces ivan. i really hope that fanatic is right and i am way off on this guy. hope he's nba ready now, because a 24 year old rookie doesn't have a lot of time to waste.

My guess is that Mike Scott (if he stays healthy) will have a bigger impact on this team than Jenkins. He won't be any where near a Paul Milsap...but he may not suck as bad as Shelden.But let's be a bit realistic about that - I think Scott will have some impact...but i doubt Jenkins will have any impact at all.I don't think Jenkins is an NBA level player.Grading this draft I would say - - C minus. An average of B+ for Scott and D- for Jenkins

• Premium Member

You people keep saying Ivan this and Ivan that. This guy is a straight up rebounder/defender who doesn't care about the midrange. Ivan is molding himself into a midrange player. It's like comparing Reggie Evans to Carl Landry. There's a difference in how they play.

Mike Scott is not suppose to replace Josh or Horf. He was the 43rd pick in the damn draft. If he comes off the bench and gives us quality minutes that is more than enough. Taking a 2nd round pick and making him out to be someone who is suppose to replace a 4th pick or 17th pick is dumb and extremely unrealistic.Does he have some upside? I think he does but at the sametime if we get a quality backup PF in the 2nd round, that is a job well done.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

He was the frontman for one of the most underrated rock bands of all time.Oh, you mean the athlete?He had a wicked splitter but wasn't very durable.Oh, you mean the basketball player?I have no clue.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Posted Image

^^^this^^^ was the last hawks transaction I viewed positively. I think it's time I give up on the prognostication stuff.

• Like 2

Never seen so much fuss over a kid taken at pick 43. I also haven't seen one person build him u as an all-star. He is an older player that has an NBA body. He doesn't mind playing around the rim. He isn't an all-star caliber guy but he become a good role player. Hopefully he does.

After a good night sleep I have no problem with these picks. The hawks have never been able to develop players so I think Jenkins and Scott would have been the best pick for us. They are players that we know what we're gonna get from. I was mad af last night but this could turn out ok though. We still need depth a SF and I don't won't to sign a old guy. I wish we buy somebody's second round pick like Darius Miller from New Orleans.

• Like 1

Sports illustrated had him as most underrated draft pick in an article last weekend

He fell due to ankle but it checks out medically and he had a great season after the surgery

Scott machado went UNDRAFTED so we can still sign him as well if he is as good a prospect as joker thinks he is

GMs don't seem to agree since nobody drafted him but hopefully we can at least bring him to summer league

I noticed that too. I hope the Hawks can pick him up. He sounded like a good prospect.

We took a guy who was called the best shooter in the draft. We took another who was called the most underrated player in the draft. And people are crying because we did not take a guy was not even drafted. Only on the Squawk baby, only on the Squawk!

• Like 3

^^^this^^^ was the last hawks transaction I viewed positively. I think it's time I give up on the prognostication stuff.

That made me laugh out loud. I'm with you though! I thought AL4 would be the man. Oops.

• Premium Member

I hate both picks. Scott at 23 and a fifth year senior has already capped out physically. There's no growth in that area. He's a 6'8" tweener PF which IMO is a death sentence unless you posses unreal athletic ability. Which we all know he doesn't have.Hated the pick. Hated the Jenkins pick. We need a true center and a true point guard and leaving the draft we still haven't fixed the holes in our lineup we've had going back to Mookie and Deke. It is unreal to think we've been this long without having two of the most important positions in basketball.

A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C!He is a basketball player. Very much like Jared Dudley, he really carried the UVA team this year to being ranked in the top 25 for most of the year without much talent.I'm excited, when was the last time we had a 2nd rounder do anything? I think Mike can do something.

Mike Scott's PER for this past season was around 30. He averaged 24.5 P40 and 11.2 R40 on the year. He has a good face up game. 37% of his offense came on jumpers, which he hit 52% of. I like the pick. He will play.

We were looking for smart hard working players who are ready to play clearly. This really doesn't make us much better. Just replaces the vet mins with cheaper talent that's ready to play.