• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am not giving Horford/Teague and 3 first round picks for Howard

capstone21

• Admin

I was looking at what NJ was offering (Lopez/Brooks/3 first round picks) and I would not match that.I would do Horford and Teague and maybe one pick (ours or Houstons) but not 3 picks too.I wish Ferry got Brooks in the deal...it would have strengthened our team and it would have weakened Brooklyn's position.

Horford>>>>>Lopez and Hump

Teague>Brooks

A mid 1st and a late 1st>> three late firsts.

Not even comparable. Not only that but Lopez would get a max deal Posted Image

Bad contract as well.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. I'd go all in for Howard and Paul.Then once you get Dwight Howard, he and Josh Smith recruit Chris Paul to Atlanta in free agency. We would have the cap space for all 3.

Edited by coachx

This forum is just as insane as the last time I was here. You do whatever you have to if you can land CP3 and Dwight. This isn't rocket science.

It's Ok to land D12 but what's the point in landing him if we can't keep him and to compound it we've given up Teague and Al, then Josh decides that since D12 is leaving he won't resign as well. Also bear in mind Orlando is attaching Hedo or JRich's contract with D12.

It's Ok to land D12 but what's the point in landing him if we can't keep him and to compound it we've given up Teague and Al, then Josh decides that since D12 is leaving he won't resign as well. Also bear in mind Orlando is attaching Hedo or JRich's contract with D12.

Well I think all of this is obviously conditional on D12 signing with the Hawks. I think the only team crazy enough to trade for him without any guarantee is Houston.

Well I think all of this is obviously conditional on D12 signing with the Hawks. I think the only team crazy enough to trade for him without any guarantee is Houston.

D12 wants to hit free agency to sign a new 5 year deal with a higher starting salary instead of just signing an extension for an additional 3 years at his current salary plus increases....that is $48 million extra...same with CP3. That is the hitch in all of this.

Look. Superman is great. Joe Johnson is great. Both are all stars.How many championship rings have either one earned?Don't sell the entire store just to obtain one player. How many timeshas he lead his team to victory in the playoffs against Atlanta? Havethey ever advanced against the Hawks?If he couldn't do it there, what makes you think that he can do it hereif we trade the entire roster for him? Plus, he now has a bad back.Nets swapped a bunch of players for JJ. How many starters? All stars?If we are going to get Superman, we need the same kind of deal for him.

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

If Dwight wanted to come here, Horf + Teague and Orlando can STFU. Seriously. Otherwise, no way I'd throw the kitchen sink at Orlando for a 1 year rental and no promise. Not taking on any bad contracts either. Orlando is not in the driver's seat. We have money now and we can just sight D12 outright. The only incentive we have to deal with them is getting him earlier...which really isn't such a big deal now that we've moved JJ. This would have been the perfect deal last summer. As it were, we just need to be patient and wait to see how things play out over the season and through next year's FA'cy.

Look. Superman is great. Joe Johnson is great. Both are all stars. How many championship rings have either one earned? Don't sell the entire store just to obtain one player. How many times has he lead his team to victory in the playoffs against Atlanta? Have they ever advanced against the Hawks? If he couldn't do it there, what makes you think that he can do it here if we trade the entire roster for him? Plus, he now has a bad back. Nets swapped a bunch of players for JJ. How many starters? All stars? If we are going to get Superman, we need the same kind of deal for him.

Dwight at least got to the finals. Neither Josh or Al are guys you build around. Edited by Hotlanta1981

I dont see the Hawks trading Horford. They will probably start making him the focal point of the team now.

If the Hawks can't get Dwight and CP3, they had better figure out a way to draft someone who's actually capable of being the focal point of a contender, because Al Horford is a complimentary piece at best.

Guest Walter

Just wait until the guy is a free agent at the end of the season and sign him. Simple as that!

Orlando won't let DH reach FAcy in Orlando. They WILL trade him. To whom, when (before the season), and for what are the questions. W

• Premium Member

If the Hawks can't get Dwight and CP3, they had better figure out a way to draft someone who's actually capable of being the focal point of a contender, because Al Horford is a complimentary piece at best.

Agreed 9000% on that... Let's not build our team around another "Robin" just so that we can sit around and dream up all these scenarios to get him some help.
  • Like 1

I don't think Ferry is going to put all his eggs into the free agent basket. Take a lesson from Dallas and Mark Cuban. He didn't resign his players from the championship team to clear cap space in hopes of getting Deron and D12. Now he is left out in the cold with nothing but Dirk and an overpaid Brendan Haywood, Jason Terry looks to be leaving to join the Celts, Jason Kidd moving on.Ferry will take his time and build this the right way. First step has been completed.

Edited by JayBirdHawk