• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What ever happened to the Hawks taking a look at Ray Allen?

Ray Allen just agreed to sign with the Heat, so I guess I can stop holding my breath that the Hawks might have an outside shot of convincing him to come play major minutes for us. But... wasn't that at one time a possibility? did I just dream that up completely? Did he just have no interest in us? (Btw: I get this news from https://twitter.com/MickyArison/status/221416768030248962)

• Premium Member

Ray Allen just agreed to sign with the Heat, so I guess I can stop holding my breath that the Hawks might have an outside shot of convincing him to come play major minutes for us. But... wasn't that at one time a possibility? did I just dream that up completely? Did he just have no interest in us? (Btw: I get this news from https://twitter.com/MickyArison/status/221416768030248962)

Per MC, Ray Allen never had interest in joining the Hawks.

Allen was never coming here...he was going somewhere where he would compete for a championship

Understood, but unless that means "competing for a championship this year and not a moment later" I don't see why that necessarily excludes the Hawks. He is a MLE guy at this point in his career, so we could afford him and still be able to get two max guys. So, for example, CP3/Ray Allen/Smoove/Horford/D12 was a possibility, and that most definitely would be a team that would compete for a championship. It just wouldn't happen this year. Wasn't he looking at the Clippers and the Grizzlies? Neither one of them is going to win a championship in 2012-13. And the Clippers are the ones who withdrew interest, not Ray Allen (not sure about the Grizz).

Always loved Ray. Hope he can bounce back from the bad feet and give it a go. Healthy, he couldve easily put the Celtics over the Heat, and next season, hit as many threes in the playoffs as about 3 or 4 of those Heat bum shooters combined.

Ray Allen just agreed to sign with the Heat, so I guess I can stop holding my breath that the Hawks might have an outside shot of convincing him to come play major minutes for us. But... wasn't that at one time a possibility? did I just dream that up completely? Did he just have no interest in us? (Btw: I get this news from https://twitter.com/...416768030248962)

It's just as well. One thing we got plenty of is 6'5" guards.

• Moderators

I admire Ray's career but I hope his play falls off even more next season ala Karl Malone and Gary Payton in LA. I don't like the ring chasers signing up with the front runners.